• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Mike M
(12-01-2006, 02:59 AM)
Yesterday, my Wii was working just fine. Today, the power wouldn't turn on when I pressed it on the controller, which was weird, so I turned it on manually, and it wouldn't recognize me pressing the A button with either remote. It eventually went to the title screen on its own, but neither remote seems to make the cursor appear. The batteries in one of them was on the low side last I checked according to the system (Though it still flashes three out of four lights on the bottom), but the other one should be at full strength as it's practically never been used.

Anyone have any clues?
SS4Gogita
Henshin!
(12-01-2006, 03:01 AM)
Try turning off the system completely (red light) and/or unplug it. If that doesn't work you'll just have to resync them.

It's happened to me a couple of times but it's been a while since it happened the last time.
castle007
Banned
(12-01-2006, 03:02 AM)
The Pikmen are on a strike!!!!!

:(
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(12-01-2006, 03:02 AM)
Resync.

Open the battery cover, push the resync button. Then push it on the Wii. I had to do this once too.
HAL_Laboratory
(12-01-2006, 03:03 AM)
Just need to re-sync them.
Mike M
(12-01-2006, 03:03 AM)

Originally Posted by SS4Gogita

Try turning off the system completely (red light) and/or unplug it. If that doesn't work you'll just have to resync them.

It's happened to me a couple of times but it's been a while since it happened the last time.

I'd tried resyncing them, but I hadn't unplugged it. That did the trick.
Ginko
(12-01-2006, 03:11 AM)
Re-sync. Happened to me a couple of times.
Ecrofirt
(12-01-2006, 03:14 AM)
I hear you need to actually unplug it because it's some weird bluetooth problem.
salva
Más perro que Dios y Jesús combinados, más machín que blue demon y más famoso que el santo
(12-01-2006, 03:14 AM)
just happened to me like 10 minutes ago.
turn it off, then turn it on. press re-sync on your wiimote and then on the wii.
it should work fine
SantaC
Banned
(12-01-2006, 03:28 AM)
yeah I had to re-sync as well
DarkAngelYuna
Banned
(12-01-2006, 04:18 AM)
I've had this happen twice since it came out. All I do is pull the plug from the back and plug it back it.. It works fine after that. I don't have to press resync or anything like that. The weird thing is when this happens it won't even turn on using the button on the console either.
KTallguy
(12-01-2006, 04:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Mike M

WTF is up with my Wii?

Man, Nintendo had to have planned on this name all along just to embarrass young, adolescent men.
Juice
(12-01-2006, 04:42 AM)
Wow. this happened to me like an hour ago. had to unplug.

weird.
Baryn
Banned
(12-01-2006, 05:10 AM)
This hasn't happened to me mid-dungeon in Zelda yet, thank the god.
bathhouseterror
Banned
(12-01-2006, 05:11 AM)
Happened to me today during Zelda. Tried resyncing but that didn't work. Manually reset the wii and it was fixed.
castle007
Banned
(12-01-2006, 05:11 AM)
I guess resyncing it works. It is something to keep in mind when it happens to me
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(12-01-2006, 05:12 AM)
I`m surprised there are technical problems, considering the demographic Nintendo is shooting for. I hope these problems don`t start piling up.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(12-01-2006, 05:12 AM)
that state of the art GPU is overheating

:lol
JDSN
You must walk home naked, dragging behind you the Stone of Shame.
(12-01-2006, 05:14 AM)

Originally Posted by op_ivy

LOLOLOLOL
castle007
Banned
(12-01-2006, 05:18 AM)

FUNNY
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(12-01-2006, 05:19 AM)

I know you are joking but the system gets extremely warm if you leave a disc in it in standby mode.

I was watching TV with the system on standby and zelda inside, and when I took out the disc about an hour later it was warm. The whole system was pretty warm too. Does the Wii drive keep spinning in standby mode? It must? System doesn't get warm without a disc inside.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(12-01-2006, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by castle007

FUNNY

i know, right?

nintendo. ha!
renvi
Banned
(12-01-2006, 05:20 AM)