• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4 not in development

EventHubs article:

Ryota Niitsuma, Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer, stated that "nothing was happening on that front," in regards to a new entry in the franchise.

Not only that, but he'd been moved to a different division within Capcom.

This is not for a lack of desire though, as Niitsuma stated "I would love to make Marvel vs. Capcom 4."

What logistical hurdles exist is anyone's guess, but we can speculate a bit based on past instances from Capcom.

Licensing has obviously been an issue, as Capcom doesn't fully control the rights to half of the cast members in the game.

This means Marvel requires some approval over the various aspects of these titles.

It's unlikely that this is the end of the Vs. series from Capcom, as these games have been a very strong success story for the company, but which flavor they'll take going forward is up for debate.

Berserker Barrage me if old. Thought they had confirmed this long ago.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
f120f07d0f40431e7af71c86ec9b347e.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SHOCKING NEWS.

It's because Capcom doesn't have the license and probably never will. Hell, they probably pushed Mr. Wizards and Evo to stealthily remove MvC3 from the roster there this year because of this.

Ryce

Those Tweets are months old, and the rumors didn't start popping up until a few weeks ago. I'm not saying MvC4 is in the works, but that's some bad "journalism" on EventHubs' part.

FSLink

Banned
SHOCKING NEWS.

It's because Capcom doesn't have the license and probably never will. Hell, they probably pushed Mr. Wizards and Evo to stealthily remove MvC3 from the roster there this year because of this.

Huh? This year's lineup is out? I thought it wasn't yet.

Do Tatsunoko again wide release in the West in all platforms including PC

Watch the money come in while smoking a cigar.

Thank me later Capcom

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
After Street Fighter V, I'm not sure I'd trust Capcom not to botch that launch either. Better they don't ruin it.

Let them put their efforts into getting Street Fighter V into better shape.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If Marvel was going to bother making another console fighting game, I imagine they would prefer a Western studio like Iron Galaxy where they could communicate and work with them more easily.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How about Capcom vs. Nintendo

Capcom vs. Shonen Jump

Capcom vs. Konami
:(

Who would want to make a Vs. game with Capcom? It's all about esports visibility now, and the major companies that could corroborate are in direct competition (Nintendo, Namco) or view the Street Fighter V numbers from their last financial report as a reason not to invest (Disney).

D-Man

I-dont-believe-you.gif

The dream is not dead. We just gotta be patient.

TVC2 or Nintendo VS Capcom would be a fine replacement though...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does that mean Niitsuma is no longer in the Home console division?

Capcom's divisions are:

Home Console
Arcade
Mobile
Pachinko
Slot Machine
Film
They redid their divisions.

They're now:
- HD console games for the world (Resident Evil, Dead Rising)
- Online games (things like Street Fighter and Dragon's Dogma)
- Lower budget games for Japan (Monster Hunter, Sengoku Basara, Ace Attorney)
- Mobile/Social

I don't know which he got moved to.

Top Bottom