• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:31 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar
The NA ones just went live.

http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals

Save up to 50% on select digital games now through 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5, 2016.

My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it's a win-win.

Interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

Despite what the sale terms say, Gold Points are still based on MSRP after all! Thanks to Javier for letting me know. :)

--partial list, waiting for a transcription of the full list--

Wii U:

Twilight Princess HD: $34.99
Just Dance 2017: $35.99
Mario Galaxy 2: $9.99
Fast Racing NEO: $7.49
Kirby Return to Dream Land: $9.99

Kirby Mass Attack: $4.99
Jotun: $9.99
Star Fox Zero: $34.99
Mighty No. 9: $9.99
Lego Star Wars TFA: $23.99
Terraria: $22.49
Trine 2: $9.99
Trine: $7.49
Don't Starve Giant Edition: $5.10
Super Meat Boy: $11.20
Freedom Planet: $7.49
Lego Batman 3: $9.99
Just Dance 2016: $24.99
Lego Avengers: $11.99
Lego Jurassic World: $9.99
Darksiders II: $9.99
Skylanders Superchargers: $24.99
Tumblestone: $17.49
Oddworld New and Tasty: $9.99

3DS:
Hyrule Warriors Legends: $27.99
The Legend of Zelda: $2.49
Triforce Heroes: $23.99
Link's Awakening DX: $3.59
Monster Hunter Generations: $23.99
Terraria: $14.99
FE: Awakening: $19.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2: $13.49
Kirby Fighters Deluxe: $3.49
M&L: Dream Team: $19.99
Steamworld Heist: $11.99
Kirby's Star Stacker: $1.49
7th Dragon: $29.99
Lego Star Wars TFA: $17.99
Project X Zone 2: $19.99
Lego Jurassic World: $9.99
Lego Avengers: $7.99
Mega Man Legacy: $7.49
Azure Striker Gunvolt: $9.99
Lego Batman 3: $9.99
Zero Escape: VLR: $12.49
Zero Escape: ZTD: $27.99

Level 5 sale going on as well in NA:

Inazuma Eleven - $9.99
Aero Porter - $2.99
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - $2.99
Bugs vs. Tanks - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Liberation Maiden - $2.99
Starship Damrey - $2.99
Weapon Shop de Omasse - $2.99

And some Sonic games kindly listed by Shizza:

Originally Posted by Shizza

Just checked, there's a bunch of Sonic games for ~50% off on the NA eShop.

Sale Prices:

3DS:
3D Sonic the Hedgehog: $2.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2: $2.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: $3.49
Sonic Blast: $3.49
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble: $3.49
Sonic Drift 2: $2.79
Sonic Labyrinth: $3.49
Sonic Generations: $11.99
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal: $14.99
Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed: $11.99

Wii U:
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric: $14.99
Sonic Lost World: $14.97
Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed: $11.99

Edit: looks like the sale goes through 11/29/2016 8:59 am PST.

The EU ones aren't up yet. Tomorrow I believe.

Credit to donny2112 for posting this in the Nintendownloads thread, and to Zeeman for the transcription.
Last edited by maxcriden; 11-28-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Ridley327
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:33 PM)
Ridley327's Avatar
$20 for FE:A, PXZ2 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team seem like the biggest deals, but there are some other good ones, like SMG2 and Kirby RTDL for $10.
PrinnyBomb
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:36 PM)
PrinnyBomb's Avatar
these are some really good deals, for all the games i already have :(

people, you gotta try Triforce Heroes and Virtue's Last Reward!
Weebos
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:37 PM)
Weebos's Avatar
I already own most of what I would want from this sale, but there are some solid deals here.

I don't think Fire Emblem: Awakening has been lower.

I might grab Zero Time Dilemma, I'll have to look at Vita comparisons.
kunonabi
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:37 PM)
kunonabi's Avatar
Was hoping for Nintendo Land or Tomodachi Life. Whatever, looks like just the PlayStation Store sale for me.
maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:39 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar

Originally Posted by kunonabi

Was hoping for Nintendo Land or Tomodachi Life. Whatever, looks like just the PlayStation Store sale for me.

I was hoping for Nintendo Land also. Would much prefer to own it digitally. For games like that where it's so cheap at retail it's hard to do the physical -> digital changeover.
Ponn
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:40 PM)
Ponn's Avatar
Nintendo Cyber Deals. The Best Cyber Deals. brought to you by Barron Trump
Makonero
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:41 PM)
Makonero's Avatar
Don't Starve and Darksiders are the only two I'm remotely interested in. Are they any good?
Kazooie
Banned
(11-23-2016, 06:41 PM)
Any in the UK I will be down for at £1.99- £2.49. TLoZ will be a good start.
NinjaCoachZ
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:42 PM)
NinjaCoachZ's Avatar
Fast Racing NEO is good, right? That's what leaps out to me the most.
chronos4590
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:42 PM)
chronos4590's Avatar
Why is Star fox 3d never on sale .... -_-
Edit: ohh getting Fast Racing NEO
maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:46 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar
Just noticed-- interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(
PetrCobra
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:48 PM)
PetrCobra's Avatar

Originally Posted by maxcriden

Interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

That's a bummer. On the other hand, they never have any good deals on My Nintendo anyway.
Piston Hyundai
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:49 PM)
Piston Hyundai's Avatar

Originally Posted by maxcriden

Just noticed-- interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

My Nintendo continues to disappoint.
Off Duty Ninja
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:49 PM)
Off Duty Ninja's Avatar
I am curious why Terraria is so expensive on the Wii U vs. the other platforms. 29.99 MSRP and $22.49 or something on sale? It is regularly on sale on other platforms for less than $5.
Burdmayn
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:50 PM)
Burdmayn's Avatar
I really wanted to bite on Twilight HD, but $35 is a bit pricey for the digital version. Walmart is about to have it for $25 on Black Friday.

It's also a missed opportunity to not offer a further discount for My Nintendo members. Heck, I would have used coins on a voucher for a better discount. Oh well.
HotHamBoy
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:51 PM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar
Fucking woof.

That is some weak-dick shit, especially for the older games.

I mean seriously, years after release a $40 game is $20 on sale. Sony had $60 first-party games like Until Dawn for $10 just a few weeks ago, that game was just a year old.

Also, this selection is pretty lacking. No sales for Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, SMB3D World? Luigi's Mansion 2? FE Fates? Captain Toad? DKCTF?

Nintendo has great devs but the people who run this side of things are shit-tier.
Last edited by HotHamBoy; 11-23-2016 at 07:04 PM.
ShyMel
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:51 PM)
ShyMel's Avatar
Probably gonna pick up SMG2. I own just about everything else on the list I would enjoy.
entremet
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:52 PM)
entremet's Avatar
Probably pick up some of those sweet Wii games. Galaxy 2 and Return to Dreamland.

Return to Dreamland is like 45 bucks used at Gamestop lol.
Servbot24
Uncharted 4 is years ahead of its time when it comes to storytelling in the way it communicates a feeling of unease through bad pacing
(11-23-2016, 06:55 PM)
Servbot24's Avatar
Shucks, was hoping for Robotot or a more reasonable sale on TP.
-Mutsukki-
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:55 PM)
-Mutsukki-'s Avatar
I was hoping that 50% off was Twilight Princess when they had Link on my gamepad, alas it was not :(

I'm still thinking about picking it up though... still a bit pricey but I doubt I'll get a better price than that where I live...
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:57 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar
I'd love to try to assemble some Triforce Heroes teams over the holiday weekend if anyone is interested.
Stilton Disco
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:57 PM)
Stilton Disco's Avatar
Decent prices for Nintendo, but utterly laughable by industry norms. I'll cross my fingers for the EU prices to be less exploitative, but I'm not holding my breath.

I mean I want to buy 3DS games digitally for the convenience, but I'm just not prepared to get ripped off for it. It just makes these stupidly rare sales even more annoying, because I want to give them my money, but always end up spending it on PSN and Steam instead because it's so much better value for money there.
daxgame
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:58 PM)
daxgame's Avatar
Fast Racing NEO: $7.49

Don't disappoint me GAF
Burdmayn
Member
(11-23-2016, 06:59 PM)
Burdmayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamBoy

Fucking woof.
I mean seriously, years after release a $40 game is $20 on sale. Sony had $60 first-party games like Until Dawn for $10 just a few weeks ago, that game was just a year old.

I'll agree that Nintendo has some weird ground to cover here. Their retail games traditionally hold their value in ways that Sony and Microsoft "wish" theirs would. Pricing digital games way below what they retail for creates a weird environment for them.

As for your example, Until Dawn is $19.99 at retail...
Syril
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:02 PM)
I wanted to try Kirby Mass Attack. Is there anything wrong with the DS on Wii U?
HotHamBoy
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:02 PM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Burdmayn

I'll agree that Nintendo has some weird ground to cover here. Their retail games traditionally hold their value in ways that Sony and Microsoft "wish" theirs would. Pricing digital games way below what they retail for creates a weird environment for them.

As for your example, Until Dawn is $19.99 at retail...

But it was $60 last year. So really, that is a further indictment of Nintendo. They just don't give a fuck.

TBH, I should not have even mentioned the sale pricing. It's the selection, or lack there of, that really frsutrates me.
maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:02 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syril

I wanted to try Kirby Mass Attack. Is there anything wrong with the DS on Wii U?

Not wrong, no. But check out the setups and make sure you like it. This is a game you will need your eyes firmly on the touchscreen for.
VGdrumCovers
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:02 PM)
VGdrumCovers's Avatar
If I knew I could carry these over to Switch I'd be all over these deals.
HotHamBoy
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:03 PM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by VGdrumCovers

If I knew I could carry these over to Switch I'd be all over these deals.

Lol, Nintendo doesn't even do cross-buy or cross-save for VC between Wii U and 3DS.
Syril
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by maxcriden

Not wrong, no. But check out the setups and make sure you like it. This is a game you will need your eyes firmly on the touchscreen for.

Do you need to use button controls for anything?
SoldierOfLight
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:05 PM)
Alright, picking up links awakening.
Fewr
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:05 PM)
Fewr's Avatar

Originally Posted by NOLA_Gaffer

I'd love to try to assemble some Triforce Heroes teams over the holiday weekend if anyone is interested.

NNNNNgggghhh

I'll pm you if I give in to the temptation. I most liketly won't though.
HotHamBoy
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:05 PM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoldierOfLight

Alright, picking up links awakening.

Best Zelda game.
DeuceGamer
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:05 PM)
DeuceGamer's Avatar
With these sales I think I'll pick up some eShop cards from Best Buy since I believe they are on sale. Will make these deals a little better. Been holding out for a physical US release of Fast Racing Neo but doesn't look like that's going to happen so will pick it up during this sale.
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:06 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fewr

NNNNNgggghhh

I'll pm you if I give in to the temptation. I most liketly won't though.

I bought the game months ago but I've only been able to hook up with randos and it's been...less than successful.
SpiceOrange
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:10 PM)
SpiceOrange's Avatar
Bought Fast Racing Neo.

I'd buy Monster Hunter Generations, but I want to see if XX will come out here and also I expect more sales in the next little while with lower prices.
rhandino
Banned
(11-23-2016, 07:11 PM)
Still no Mario Kart 8... I want to buy a digital copy to sell my physical one but I am not sure to pay full price for it.

Meh, maybe I will at the end T_T
Syril
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by SheepyGuy

Bought Fast Racing Neo.

I'd buy Monster Hunter Generations, but I want to see if XX will come out here and also I expect more sales in the next little while with lower prices.

I suspect that it will, but Generations didn't even come out here until it was already out in Japan for 8 months so it might not be for a long time still.
sixteen-bit
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:13 PM)
Amazon has Triforce Heroes (physical) for $20 if you're a prime member as well
Stopdoor
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:16 PM)
Stopdoor's Avatar


Ah yes, my good old friend Linkô
Roo
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:16 PM)
Roo's Avatar

Originally Posted by rhandino

Still no Mario Kart 8... I want to buy a digital copy to sell my physical one but I am not sure to pay full price for it.

Meh, maybe I will at the end T_T

Well, if you already know you will pay full price for it, why don't you wait for the Switch version?
You'll get more content that way.
That is if you're getting a Switch in the first place lol
Hero of Legend
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:16 PM)
Hero of Legend's Avatar
Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals
maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:20 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Syril

Do you need to use button controls for anything?

Maybe for selecting levels, but I don't think you actually need them for that. However, some of the subgames might work with buttons only... I can check on my DS copy in the next day or so!

Originally Posted by Hero of Legend

Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals

Will add Sonic and Level-5 since those are lasting through the weekend, but aren't some of the others ending today/tomorrow? Thanks. Sorry about that!
baberunisei
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:21 PM)
baberunisei's Avatar
Thanks, bought Link's Awakening, since I had lost the Ambassador program version because of a region change on my 3DS.
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:23 PM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Fire Emblem Awakening for half price is a great deal.
rhandino
Banned
(11-23-2016, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Alistair Roo

Well, if you already know you will pay full price for it, why don't you wait for the Switch version?
You'll get more content that way.
That is if you're getting a Switch in the first place lol

Skyrim, Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade X remaster means that I am going to be all over it =P

But idk... I loved to have it ready to launch at any time just like I do with Splatoon, SM3DW and Smash.
maxcriden
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:24 PM)
maxcriden's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

anything special about the stuff in bold?

My personal recommendations. I haven't had time to go into detail.
sasliquid
Member
(11-23-2016, 07:25 PM)
sasliquid's Avatar
Cool, anyone got a list of the new prices

/s

Thread Tools