• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Negaduck
(05-31-2017, 05:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Newniverse

Thought I'd ask in this thread as well.

I know you guys have done your share of leaking, but I was wondering, besides characters, could you possibly tell me if this gmae has 4 player tag(2v2)??

It is 2v2 but you can't call your partner in as an assist like mvc3.

In the middle of combos you are able to tag your other character in to finish the combo and switch the character you had control over.
Numb
Banned
(05-31-2017, 05:53 AM)

Originally Posted by hitsugi

It just feels like there is a disconnect somewhere..

Lol
-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(05-31-2017, 05:53 AM)
FINALLY MONSTER HUNTER
Grakl
(05-31-2017, 05:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Negaduck

In the middle of combos you are able to tag your other character in to finish the combo and switch the character you had control over.

He's asking if the game has 4 player 2v2
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 05:55 AM)

I meant like Street Fighter x Tekken tag. Like team red and team blue 4 player action.
Negaduck
(05-31-2017, 05:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Grakl

He's asking if the game has 4 player 2v2

Ah, lol I completely misunderstood the question
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 05:56 AM)

Ah, lol I completely misunderstood the question

All good!!
Lulubop
(05-31-2017, 05:58 AM)
Max, where you at?
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 05:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Lulubop

Max, where you at?

What I'm wondering as well. Been checking his youtube to see if he got any new vids up.
biosnake20
(05-31-2017, 06:38 AM)
All that matters is that Dante is in.
lucebuce12
(05-31-2017, 06:46 AM)
Neoxon, post if you're okay.
katsubento
(05-31-2017, 07:02 AM)
Dante is in. I'm happy.

As long as it's not emo Dante.

Anxious to see the dlc characters.
sinkfla87
(05-31-2017, 07:11 AM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

I actually worry for him lol. Not going to lie, Star Lord would have been cool.
Spman2099
(05-31-2017, 07:35 AM)

Originally Posted by sinkfla87

There are so many choices that "would have been cool". Unfortunately, none of them made the roster (if the leak is true).
Neoxon
(05-31-2017, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Originally Posted by sinkfla87

I'm fine, no worries.
Lee Chaolan
(05-31-2017, 07:41 AM)
Ya know, the only thing that would top that other thread's hate with how piss poor the supposed roster is, would be if it actually was Emo Dante in this instead. ;p
Spman2099
(05-31-2017, 07:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Lee Chaolan

Ya know, the only thing that would top that other thread's hate with how piss poor the supposed roster is, would be if it actually was Emo Dante in this instead. ;p

At this point, I almost want that to happen. If the roster is going to be a pile of garbage then we might as well set it on fire...

At least Arthur and Firebrand made it.
Neoxon
(05-31-2017, 07:44 AM)
In case any of you guys want to hear my thoughts on the MvCI situation in more detail, I'll be recording for VesperArcade's podcast tomorrow & Team Aerial Combo's on Thursday. From the looks of things, we may have a GAFer guest on Vesper's podcast besides myself.
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 07:51 AM)
I'm not doubting Ryce or the other guy, but the more I keep looking into this, the more I believe that this is an incomplete list. I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm saying this is a list for E3 and not the full game.
Neoxon
(05-31-2017, 07:52 AM)

I'm not doubting Ryce or the other guy, but the more I keep looking into this, the more I believe that this is an incomplete list. I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm saying this is a list for E3 and not the full game.

Take it from someone who's been through this song & dance in the past, expect the worst & hope for the best.
Doctrine Dark
(05-31-2017, 07:56 AM)
Between Capcom's CFN server still taking long and this MVCI nonsense, Capcom really isn't looking that great right now.

I really would like to know what "we learned from SFV's problems" actually means. Infinite seems like the exact opposite of this.
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 07:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Neoxon

Take it from someone who's been through this song & dance in the past, expect the worst & hope for the best.

I agree.
NoizyChild
(05-31-2017, 07:59 AM)

Exactly what I'm saying.
Doctrine Dark
(05-31-2017, 08:01 AM)
That's the best case scenario.

But it'd be odd for both Ryce and Saikyo to hear and confirm this.

The roster does look incomplete. Like, I can't even believe Capcom and Marvel would agree that this was a good idea.
Spman2099
(05-31-2017, 08:02 AM)

You are in the first stage still, my friend. Anger comes next.
The Abominable Snowman
Pure Life tonsil tickle
(05-31-2017, 08:14 AM)
Seems like things are starting to normalize. At least this cycle isn't as bad as MvC3's reveal. That was a true shit storm on every forum.

Alas, theres always time for things to worsen.
Tizoc
(05-31-2017, 08:15 AM)
Arhur and frebrnd being in the initial roater has me suspect it
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 08:16 AM)
Let me explain how I got to this understanding. The problem lies on the character choices, but more specifically, the Capcom side. All the characters on this list are literally low tier characters. Characters that anyone who has ever played UMVC3 knows you could toss and the majority population will be quite fine with.

Next is Arthur and Firebrand together. As well as Nemesis? These characters before the likes of Wesker and Vergil? (I hate both. JS) This just screams "Let's show off our lesser characters and use are more popular characters as hype train reveals until release date"

Like, do y'all really think Capcom would really use MVC3 assests just to select the characters they did and call it a day? No... There's more. And you can come back to this post when you see it.
Doctrine Dark
(05-31-2017, 08:18 AM)
^I'm really hoping this is what ends up taking place.

But yeah, Firebrand, Arthur, and Nemesis being selected over characters that would obviously make much more sense in a game where story (Zero, Wesker, Vergil, etc) is a priority just seems so weird. I don't get it.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(05-31-2017, 08:18 AM)
Remember some of the first tidbits of info we got on the game was that the roster was huge (informally stated though, I will note) and that they won't release it until it's right.

IMO the reaction to the roster inclusions is pretty blown out of proportion. Disappointing? Yeah. Terrible/pre-order canceling bad/you have disgraced my family bad? No way that all of a sudden the gameplay doesn't look as fun to me or those characters don't look like they could add something. And the product being "right" is probably inclusive of an MCU roster that most modern Marvel fans are into. I don't know how many non-enthusiasts are in tears right now because Ant-Man is in and MODOK is not. I don't even know how much of an intentional bastion of obscure Marvel characters MvC ever really was when the quirkiest picks were because Japan had no idea what characters people liked or not at the time.

Also inclusive, is probably the feature set. They can't get away with releasing an MvC3-esque title again, and if there's been anything at the forefront of their messaging and marketing, it's been the story mode. We saw this iteration in the franchise get a different name and heard the different direction it's taking, now it's just coming into focus - assuming they've got a lot left to reveal in terms of modes, of course. And it has to be exceptional; like SFxTK or Injustice 2 amounts of content.
Karsticles
(05-31-2017, 08:26 AM)

Let me explain how I got to this understanding. The problem lies on the character choices, but more specifically, the Capcom side. All the characters on this list are literally low tier characters. Characters that anyone who has ever played UMVC3 knows you could toss and the majority population will be quite fine with.

Next is Arthur and Firebrand together. As well as Nemesis? These characters before the likes of Wesker and Vergil? (I hate both. JS) This just screams "Let's show off our lesser characters and use are more popular characters as hype train reveals until release date"

Like, do y'all really think Capcom would really use MVC3 assests just to select the characters they did and call it a day? No... There's more. And you can come back to this post when you see it.

It screams "sell the game with shit characters, then make up the difference by DLCing the ones people want".

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

Remember some of the first tidbits of info we got on the game was that the roster was huge (informally stated though, I will note) and that they won't release it until it's right.

IMO the reaction to the roster inclusions is pretty blown out of proportion. Disappointing? Yeah. Terrible/pre-order canceling bad/you have disgraced my family bad? No way that all of a sudden the gameplay doesn't look as fun to me or those characters don't look like they could add something. And the product being "right" is probably inclusive of an MCU roster that most modern Marvel fans are into. I don't know how many non-enthusiasts are in tears right now because Ant-Man is in and MODOK is not. I don't even know how much of an intentional bastion of obscure Marvel characters MvC ever really was when the quirkiest picks were because Japan had no idea what characters people liked or not at the time.

Also inclusive, is probably the feature set. They can't get away with releasing an MvC3-esque title again, and if there's been anything at the forefront of their messaging and marketing, it's been the story mode. We saw this iteration in the franchise get a different name and heard the different direction it's taking, now it's just coming into focus - assuming they've got a lot left to reveal in terms of modes, of course. And it has to be exceptional; like SFxTK or Injustice 2 amounts of content.

Remember when the first tidbit we got on MvC3 was the awesome story mode they were planning out?
Doctrine Dark
(05-31-2017, 08:28 AM)
No matter how you look at it, RE5 Chris and Nemesis being the only RE reps in a game that wants to put emphasis on story is a big what the fuck choice. It doesn't make sense. I can understand Arthur returning, but alongside firebrand without another DMC rep is...no. That isn't even considering all of the other characters that were cut. Just a lot of bad choices.

If they think saving their best for DLC is a good choice, then I'm sorry, but they didn't learn shit from SFV's debacle. This will be another huge mess on their hands.
Dahbomb
(05-31-2017, 08:30 AM)

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

PR lip service gonna PR lip service.
Interficium
Banned
(05-31-2017, 08:32 AM)
Let's face it, people would have found a way to be salty even if they had roster parity with MVC2.
That Dude John
(05-31-2017, 08:33 AM)
I need a hug.
opricnik
Banned
(05-31-2017, 08:37 AM)
Can anyone good with photoshop make roster in icons?
Spman2099
(05-31-2017, 08:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Interficium

Let's face it, people would have found a way to be salty even if they had roster parity with MVC2.

Are we celebrating the fact that Capcom made it so easy?
DryEyeRelief
(05-31-2017, 08:51 AM)

Probably because they would reuse 100% of the UMvC3 roster.
Dahbomb
(05-31-2017, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by DryEyeRelief

Probably because they would reuse 100% of the UMvC3 roster.

Honestly I was expecting that. I was expecting a big roster BECAUSE they were reusing assets. Turns out Capcom sucks at even copy/pasting.

I think the main reason they didn't go all in on the roster was that they didn't have enough characters from the Marvel side to copy/paste because of no X Men/FF characters. But even then they could've had Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Dormammu, MODOK and She Hulk in the game alongside 5 more copy/pasted Capcom characters. That's 38 characters, 6 more with DLC... that's a very solid 44 by the end of December.
Krixeus
(05-31-2017, 09:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Ryce

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; Iím not sure if itís just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but itís probably someone like Frank West.

J-Tier
(05-31-2017, 09:04 AM)

You think people would be salty at the same level if there was 56 characters? Like 90% of the posts are negative.
opricnik
Banned
(05-31-2017, 09:04 AM)
https://gfycat.com/IllDisguisedBronco

Game seriously looks like iOS game and with this roster , all gameplay related choices ,those dlc practices

terrrible.

Here's the iOS game. up there is a gif of gameplay MVCI
Karsticles
(05-31-2017, 09:06 AM)
Honestly, I would have been fine if MvCi was ULTMATER MvC3, where the UMvC3 roster is copy/pasted with balance changes with a new combat system and a dozen new characters. I don't know how Nintendo can continue to port over almost their entire Smash roster each generation while Capcom seems to have to start from scratch every damn game.

Re: Graphics. I'd wait until later in the game's life to judge. Graphics are often one of the last details Capcom gets around to when putting everything together.
Newniverse
(05-31-2017, 09:12 AM)
Maximilian video is up
F0rneus
Tears in the rain
(05-31-2017, 09:13 AM)
The roster is so shit, pretty sure I'll skip the game. Goddamn. Talk about dropping the ball.
Doctrine Dark
(05-31-2017, 09:22 AM)
I still find it odd that Ryce was given the go ahead to leak the entire roster so close to E3.
Undead Fantasy
(05-31-2017, 09:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Doctrine Dark

I still find it odd that Ryce was given the go ahead to leak the entire roster so close to E3.

Hopefully he comes out later and says that it was a joke and this is half the roster.

Yes, I know it's not going to happen. T_T
catashtrophe
(05-31-2017, 09:40 AM)
That is a terrible roster with no X-men characters in there.

No way i'm buying this
TheTylerRob
(05-31-2017, 09:48 AM)
Crapcom
TDLink
(05-31-2017, 09:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Honestly, I would have been fine if MvCi was ULTMATER MvC3, where the UMvC3 roster is copy/pasted with balance changes with a new combat system and a dozen new characters. I don't know how Nintendo can continue to port over almost their entire Smash roster each generation while Capcom seems to have to start from scratch every damn game.

Re: Graphics. I'd wait until later in the game's life to judge. Graphics are often one of the last details Capcom gets around to when putting everything together.

Do they though? Capcom basically invented the character update new release structure with SF2. They just intentionally reset it. Half the roster here is clearly ported from MvC3. They could have done more, it's a deliberate choice not to. MvC2 they literally just pulled characters from whatever fighting game they could, already made, with only a small handful of new additions. They've been pulling this crap for a long time.