• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 04:05 AM)
I thought it might be beneficial to create fast, easy-to-use lists comparing all PS4 Pro and standard PS4 modes at a glance. The initial lists cover games which have been programmed specifically to take advantage of the new hardware, whether released after PS4 Pro with support built in, or released earlier and patched down the line. Both regular and VR games are listed (with some titles appearing as both). Following these, I've listed unpatched games which are enhanced by the Boost Mode available in new firmware.

The data here is either compiled from other sources, or based on my own analysis of screenshots and video. Though this thread is intended to be thorough, it's also succinct. For more details regarding specific titles, these external resources may be helpful:

PlayStation blog announcement
Digital Foundry analysis tracker
NXGamer analysis tracker
Eurogamer PS4 Pro summary
Gamespot list of announcements
IGN list
List of VR games from Fgoat on Reddit
Digital Foundry selects best upgrades of certain types

• Most games with high-res mode(s) automatically downsample when played on a 1080p display. Pro modes that do not downsample, and are only usable on a 4K display, are marked by a red X. For those games, the mode(s) marked with an orange dot are obligatory on 1080p displays. Players with 4K screens can force them with OS-level settings, but not from in the game.

• Effects, resolution, and framerate in Pro modes are color coded versus standard PS4. White indicates essentially no change. Red is worse, yellow is arguably better or worse depending on personal preference, and green is definitely better. For framerates, the exact same text might be listed, but the block colored in anyway. This means both modes have the same target, but Pro meets the target more often (green) or less often (red).

• Games using CBR have their resolutions listed as e.g. 1800c or 2160c. Standard rendering is listed as e.g. 1800p or 2160p. (Note that CBR is not upscaling. Upscaling to 4K is still necessary if the checkerboard is below 2160c.) There are also other methods, which use appropriate abbreviations; if you're unclear on any just post a question in the thread and I'll attempt to answer.

• CBR is a very complex process, so I've created a separate thread containing an explanation. When reading over that thread, please bear in mind that I may have made mistakes. Let me know if there's anything that could be clearer.

• Games are listed in alphabetical order by title. I use official names, so it may take a moment to find them (Rise of the Tomb Raider versus Tomb Raider, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor versus Shadow of Mordor, etc.) For this reason, as well as the ever-expanding nature of this list, it might be necessary to automatedly search. The graphic format means a specific method has to be used. Please see this linked post for instructions on how to search game titles. Note that Boost Mode games are a separate post, so have to be searched independently.

• Boost Mode opens a portion of the Pro's extra power to all games. Thus, older games without patches may still see upgrades. Boost Mode does not affect games with official Pro support, as they're already designed to utilize the new hardware. Typical benefits for Boosted games are stabilized framerate, or dynamic resolution averaging higher levels. Please keep in mind that Boost Mode improvements are too numerous for me to research as thoroughly as I do official enhancements. So the details in that list are more tentative and subject to error (which is why I've given it a different color scheme.)

• Yes, loading times are improved over standard PS4 hardware. A better drive interface means all games see shorter load times, even if they don't have official support, and even if Boost Mode is turned off. Boosted games, or ones with official support, can have further load time reductions on top of the universal improvement. Because games and hard drives vary, so does the size of the benefits. Along with lack of extensive testing, this is why shortened loading times aren't explicitly stated below. But they are present in almost every game listed.

• Games that support HDR have it noted alongside the listed resolution. Both PS4 models can output HDR, as shown in the lists. However, only a very few 1080p displays—like Sony's 2017 TV models—can show the effect. Most compatible screens are 4K. A short list of all titles with HDR support can be found in the Statistics section below, in Table 1.

• The majority of games have better framerates on Pro versus standard PS4, but very few raise the target framerate by 30fps. The overall graphical power difference, as well as the presence of bottlenecks not addressed by the new hardware, make such a change in performance rare. However, there are some games that do this, either across the board or in specific modes (including VR). A short list of these titles can be found in the Statistics section below, in Table 2.

• Games are only included in the main lists if I can find proof of specific improvements. That includes analysis by me, or by others across the web. Developers often announce Pro support without any details, and it's possible for enhancement plans to change or be delayed. Or, some games may actually be improved but evidence isn't easy to obtain. (Framerate improvements are particularly hard to nail down.) In the Statistics section below, Table 3 lists titles that have been claimed, but not yet analyzed due to lack of material. If you post links or screenshots I'll try to check them. Table 4 lists titles that have been claimed and analyzed, but for which I found no improvements. Since I could be mistaken, please feel free to post contrary impressions and analysis, including your own.

• The games that Boost Mode affects were not explicitly designed to run on the new hardware. Therefore, upgrades are more minor than with official support, and limited to the parameters of the standard PS4 version. So for example, resolutions don't rise above their original targets, as is usually the case with official support. Also, games may simply not be visibly affected at all. In rare cases, problems with framerate, graphics, game logic, or program stability could even be introduced. Games with no benefits are listed in the Statistics section below, in Table 5. Games with reports of errors are listed in Table 6. As with all Boost Mode info, details may be inaccurate, and more impressions and screenshots would be appreciated!

• Some entries on this list are incomplete, and the whole thing is necessarily a work in progress. (The VR section is especially spotty. Since the social screen output isn't necessarily related to the headset view, they often can't be easily analyzed.) If you can supply material on unlisted games yourself, or know where they're up elsewhere, please post the links! When posting in this thread, screenshots should be at 4K size to allow pixel counting (even if the game is running at 1080p). Thanks!

Number of listed games with official enhancements: 145
Number of listed games with VR enhancements: 50
Number of listed games with Boost Mode enhancements: 177
Total number of listed games: 358 (some have both regular and VR modes)

12/11 - Initial posting, followed by error fixes. Made changes based on posts through #50. Added Helldivers, Super Stardust Ultra VR, Trackmania Turbo.
12/12 - Altered format to allow quicker fixes. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #163. Added Catlateral Damage, Darksiders, two Hatsune Miku games, How We Soar, Knack, Mafia III, Planetside 2, Sword Art Online, World of Final Fantasy. Removed The Assembly, Sports Bar VR, Tumble VR.
12/13 - Altered mode restriction notation. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #221. Added ARK, Arkham Asylum, Oxenfree.
12/14 - Altered OP format for clarity, added further info. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #233.
12/15 - Altered format to prepare for upcoming feature. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #264. Added Wheels of Aurelia, Yakuza 6.
12/17 - Added tutorial on list searching. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #270. Added Mount & Blade.
12/18 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #274.
12/20 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #296. Added Berserk, The Division.
12/22 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #310. Added Job Simulator, Neon Chrome, Ride 2, RIVE.
12/26 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #323.
12/27 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #343. Added Sports Bar VR.
1/3 - Added a link to a deeper explanation of CBR. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #433.
1/4 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #467. Added Diablo III.
1/10 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #545. Added LEGO Harry Potter.
1/11 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #575. Added King of Fighters XIV. Removed World of Final Fantasy.
1/17 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #633. Added Amnesia Collection, Kingdom Hearts HD II.8.
1/22 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #702. Added Battleborn, Gravity Rush 2, Rez Infinite.
1/23 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #715. Added Resident Evil VII.
1/24 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #728.
1/29 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #766. Added Trove.
2/2 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #800.
2/6 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #834. Expanded Kingdom Hearts II.8. Added Don Bradman Cricket, Nioh.
2/9 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #868. Added Fallout 4.
2/12 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #874. Added Warframe, and Perfect for VR.
2/14 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #885. Added Sniper Elite 4.
2/18 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #898. Added RESOGUN, and DiRT Rally for VR.
2/19 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #916. Added For Honor, Mother Russia Bleeds.
2/21 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #925. Added Here They Lie (including for VR), Rocket League.
2/25 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #943. Added Party Golf.
2/27 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #946. Added Horizon Zero Dawn.
3/2 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #960. Added The Assembly, for both versions.
3/6 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #969. Added Homefront: The Revolution, NieR: Automata.
3/7 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #971. Added Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Torment.
3/8 - Altered OP format for clarity. Created Boost Mode game list. Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #985. Added forma.8, No Man's Sky.
3/10 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1076. Added (Boost) 7 Days to Die, Carmageddon, Dead Island Definitive, DOAX 3, DiRT Rally, Dynasty Warriors 8, Far Cry 4, Ginger, God of War 3, I Am Bread, Mekazoo, Shadow of the Beast, SAO Hollow Fragment, Super Robot Wars V, Tales of Berseria, The Tomorrow Children, Tony Hawk 5, UFC 2, WRC 6, WWE 2K17.
3/11 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1086. Added (Boost) 3on3 Freestyle, Alienation, COD: Advanced Warfare, Costume Quest 2, Dead Rising, DR2: Off the Record, Dishonored, DOOM, DQ Heroes II, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Far Cry Primal, Figureheads, GUNS UP!, Lichdom Battlemage, MGS V, Moe Moe WWII 3, PvZ Garden Warfare, Resident Evil Origins, Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul, Sky Force Anniversary, Tearaway Unfolded.
3/14 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1109. Added (Boost) Albedo, Borderlands, Devil May Cry 4, DmC, Ether One, iM@S Platinum Stars, LEGO Dimensions, Madden NFL 16, Need for Speed, NHL 17, Rise of the Kasai, Rogue Galaxy, Trials Fusion, TRON RUN/r.
3/15 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1117. Added (Boost) Bladestorm, The Mark of Kri, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus.
3/18 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1126. Added A King's Tale, Senran Kagura: PBS, (Boost) Styx: Shards of Darkness.
3/21 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1142. Added Flatout 4, Mass Effect: Andromeda, (VR) HoloBall, The iDOLM@STER VR, Summer Lesson, (Boost) Battle Islands, The Crew, Emily Wants to Play, Hawken, Minecraft, MXGP 2, The Order 1886, Zombi.
3/27 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1176. Added Dark Souls III (from Boost), Kingdom Hearts I.5 + II.5, Kona, MLB The Show 17, Verdun, Vikings, (Boost) Battle Ages, Duke Nukem 3D, GTA III, Uncharted Collection.
4/2 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1230. Added Snake Pass, (VR) Korix, (Boost) APB Reloaded, DEX, LUMO, Persona 5, Walking Dead: A New Frontier.
4/11 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1285. Added Bulletstorm, PaRappa, Skyforge, Tethered, (VR) Starblood Arena, (Boost) Air Conflicts: Secret Wars, Croixleur Sigma, Gauntlet: Slayer Edition, Hard Reset Redux, Kholat, LEGO City Undercover, Oneechanbara Z2 Chaos, Psychonauts, Red Goddess, Rory McIlroy Golf, Virginia.
4/17 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1305. Added (Boost) Naruto: UNS 4, Valiant Hearts.
4/29 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1390. Added Full Throttle, Little Nightmares, Outlast 2, What Remains of Edith Finch, (VR) Bandit Six, Statik, (Boost) Aaero, Minecraft Story Mode, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, Syberia 3.
5/16 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1594. Added Injustice 2, LocoRoco, The Surge, (Boost) Defense Grid 2, Risen 3: Titan Lords, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.
5/28 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1740. Added War Thunder (from Boost), Dreamfall Chapters, Human: Fall Flat, LEGO Worlds, Polybius, Portal Knights, RiME, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, (VR) DOAX 3: VR Paradise, Farpoint, Moonshot Galaxy.
6/4 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1770. Added Danger Zone, Prey. Tekken 7, Victor Vran, (VR) Star Trek Bridge Crew.
6/6 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1783. Added DiRT 4, The Dwarves, wipEout Omega, (Boost) flower, Knights of Valour, We Are the Dwarves.
6/20 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1875. Added Final Fantasy XIV (from Boost), MotoGP 17, Nex Machina, Paladins, Tinertia, The Town of Light, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.
6/25 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1904. Added Atelier Firis, BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Chess Ultra (and VR), Get Even, Moto Racer 4 (and VR), Plague Road, School Girl Zombie Hunter, Thea: The Awakening, (VR) Crystal Rift, Symphony of the Machine, (Boost) Crossout, God Eater Resurrection, Life is Strange, Madden NFL 17, Seasons After Fall, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, Spy Chameleon.
7/7 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #1956. Added Crash Bandicoot N»Sane Trilogy, Elite Dangerous, Final Fantasy XII, (VR) Arizona Sunshine, (Boost) Marvel Heroes Omega.
7/18 - Made changes based on my own research, and posts through #2004. Added (VR) Fantastic Contraption.
Last edited by Liabe Brave; 07-19-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 04:06 AM)

Last edited by Liabe Brave; 07-19-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 04:07 AM)

Last edited by Liabe Brave; 07-07-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Mcdohl
(12-12-2016, 04:09 AM)
Why is Uncharted 4 listed twice?
SunDimension24
(12-12-2016, 04:11 AM)
Great, informative list but you repeated every game from pro evolution soccer 2017 through uncharted 4 twice.
Last edited by SunDimension24; 12-12-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Tagyhag
(12-12-2016, 04:12 AM)
This is very cool, I was hoping such a list would be available when I buy the Pro, thanks OP!
Liabe Brave

Originally Posted by Mcdohl

Why is Uncharted 4 listed twice?

Originally Posted by SunDimension24

Great, informative list but you repeated every game from pro evolution soccer 2017 through uncharted 4 twice.

Idiocy on my part. Fixed now!
shanafan
Doesn't NBA 2K17 support HDR?
Stillmatic
(12-12-2016, 04:15 AM)
Good stuff man, very helpful and easy to follow!
Oneself
Fired from EB Games
thanks to this thread!
(12-12-2016, 04:16 AM)
Abzu, on a 1080p screen is supersampled and runs just like the base version, 40-50fps.

FIREWATCH:
PS Pro Customers with a 1080p Display: enhanced detail distance, smoother loads, and much higher quality shadows
PS Pro Customers with a 4K Display: the world is now rendered at WQHD (2560x1440p) and the UI renders at 4KUHD (3840×2160) and you will have enhanced level of detail of a standard PS4

Bookmarked! BTW, thank you very much for doing this, I hope you'll update it long enough! :)
Last edited by Oneself; 12-12-2016 at 04:20 AM.
KennyL
(12-12-2016, 04:19 AM)
Very very good. Thank you
Vinc
(12-12-2016, 04:20 AM)
This is incredibly useful. Thanks for this! Bookmarked.
shanafan
(12-12-2016, 04:20 AM)
Two modes shown for Black Ops 3. Is there a place to switch between the modes in the game?
Deku Tree
(12-12-2016, 04:21 AM)
Awesome!
Kalentan
(12-12-2016, 04:21 AM)
The Brookhaven Experiment on PSVR has Pro support.
Chris R
(12-12-2016, 04:22 AM)
Thanks for the list!!! Hope Bloodborne sees some love at some point :\
serenewarfare
(12-12-2016, 04:23 AM)
I will chime in to say that The Witness at 4K feels like trash to play.
2blackcats
(12-12-2016, 04:25 AM)
Return to Arkham.

Helldivers.

Edit :Trackmania Turbo, Super Stardust Ultra

Great list. Subbed.
Last edited by 2blackcats; 12-12-2016 at 04:30 AM.
chandoog
(12-12-2016, 04:26 AM)
Very well organized list, great job OP.

Off-topic, Ratchet and Clank is $9.99 new at gamestop until 17th. Everyone should get the game, if for nothing else then just as a showpiece for the Pro. Game looks STUNNING.
Deku Tree
(12-12-2016, 04:26 AM)

Originally Posted by shanafan

Two modes shown for Black Ops 3. Is there a place to switch between the modes in the game?

For example for TLG you have to force the 1080p mode on a 4K display by going into the PS4 Pro settings and changing your output. Then you get a more stable frame rate. Could be the same for other games. Developers don't seem to be adding new menu options.
Baroquemantic
(12-12-2016, 04:31 AM)
There are more games with Pro support than I expected.

Anyway, awesome stuff, OP.
Dusktildawn48
(12-12-2016, 04:36 AM)
Subscribed so hard! Fantastic OP!
bigboss370
(12-12-2016, 04:40 AM)
is XCOM 2 not supposed to have Pro support?
GHG
(12-12-2016, 04:42 AM)
All those "unavailable for 1080p displays"... It's not exactly what I was hoping for as a 1080p user and while I want to upgrade, I'm finding it difficult to justify at this stage.

Thank goodness for the improved draw distance in farming simulator though.
Vash63
(12-12-2016, 04:44 AM)
Where are you seeing that TLG has better textures on the Pro? Digital Foundry reported the same assets with just framerate differences and higher resolution.
Chiggs
Oh that my words were now spoken!
Oh that they were printed in a book!
(12-12-2016, 04:46 AM)
Appreciate you doing this. Hope you can stay on top of the updates.
Tagg9
(12-12-2016, 04:47 AM)
Nice work, I was just about to do this. I'd suggest switching to a table view, as it will be too time-consuming to update the graphics...

You're missing:
- Mafia III
- XCOM 2
- Forma8
- Knack
- Knack
- Knack
Last edited by Tagg9; 12-12-2016 at 04:52 AM.
renzolama
(12-12-2016, 04:51 AM)
Thanks for the work OP, very helpful
Tagg9
(12-12-2016, 04:54 AM)
Also, ABZU runs at 2400x1350p and improvements include more fish per school, and maintained or increased framerate.
Tratorn
(12-12-2016, 04:55 AM)
Thanks for the work. I'd consider this, though:

Originally Posted by Tagg9

I'd suggest switching to a table view, as it will be too time-consuming to update the graphics...

It also has the advantage that people can search for a game.
Mikasangelos
(12-12-2016, 04:57 AM)
I know STEEP is PRO enhanced but does anyone know in what manner? I can't find anything online anywhere.
Hockeyguy412
Banned
(12-12-2016, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Chiggs

Appreciate you doing this. Hope you can stay on top of the updates.

This
IgotElbows
(12-12-2016, 04:58 AM)
Great thread! Although I think it's missing a little.
For example doesn't R&C on PS4 Pro have better AA or something?

Also I thought Infamous SS had better shadows or more particle effects or something?

This thread made me a little more confident in buying just a regular PS4 this week. (Getting it brand new for 220$ and that's including tax as well)
As a 1080p user I think most of the upgrades might be not be worth the extra 200$, like PHYSX on nvidia GPUs maybe? :p
Ellite25
(12-12-2016, 04:59 AM)
This is awesome. Thank you for doing this OP!
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 05:05 AM)

Doesn't NBA 2K17 support HDR?

It does. I added that, along with a note about HDR in the OP.

Originally Posted by Oneself

Bookmarked! BTW, thank you very much for doing this, I hope you'll update it long enough! :)

I'll try! I definitely don't have time to track down all the info myself, so when folks like you chime in it helps. Then all I have to do is update the chart.

Originally Posted by Kalentan

The Brookhaven Experiment on PSVR has Pro support.

Any idea what is improved? I'll add once I have details and other VR changes.

Originally Posted by 2blackcats

Return to Arkham.

Helldivers.

Edit :Trackmania Turbo, Super Stardust Ultra

Return to Arkham was already there, and the VR mode of Trackmania. I've filled in the rest. Do you know what was improved on any of them, or can you provide screenshots?

Originally Posted by bigboss370

is XCOM 2 not supposed to have Pro support?

Yes, but my understanding is the patch still hasn't showed up. Things like this are why I made this thread, and restricted entries to already-enhanced games.

Originally Posted by GHG

All those "unavailable for 1080p displays"... It's not exactly what I was hoping for as a 1080p user....

Four games (one of which will almost certainly be fixed) is "all those" for you? To each his own.
shanafan
(12-12-2016, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

For example for TLG you have to force the 1080p mode on a 4K display by going into the PS4 Pro settings and changing your output. Then you get a more stable frame rate. Could be the same for other games. Developers don't seem to be adding new menu options.

That's a good point.

But, doesn't Rise of the Tomb Raider gave video options in the menu? I could be mistaken though.
M_A_C
(12-12-2016, 05:14 AM)
Awesome post. As someone who was down on the Pro, I'm really enjoying mine. Great console for the price especially.
Fredrik
(12-12-2016, 05:15 AM)
Subscribed. This is great.
GHG
(12-12-2016, 05:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Liabe Brave

Four games (one of which will almost certainly be fixed) is "all those" for you? To each his own.

It's 4 too many in my opinion. I was under the impression that 1080p users would get the benefits of downsampling in all titles that rendered above 1080p on the Pro, or would at least have the option of doing so. It doesn't make sense for me to buy something when I won't know if future titles I'm interested in (such as Horizon) will roadblock this feature of not. It simply shouldn't be allowed to happen and it doesn't make any sense as to why it is happening.
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Vash63

Where are you seeing that TLG has better textures on the Pro? Digital Foundry reported the same assets with just framerate differences and higher resolution.

Check the screenshot comparison tool in their article. You can see that some textures are better on Pro 1080p mode (but not in high-res mode).

Nice work, I was just about to do this. I'd suggest switching to a table view, as it will be too time-consuming to update the graphics...

You're missing:
- Mafia III
- XCOM 2
- Forma8
- Knack
- Knack
- Knack

So XCOM 2 has finally been updated? Do you have any info on all these, like you did with Abzu? I'll add empty blocks if I have to, but I'd like this to be a real source of data, not just a fancified list.

I'd suggest switching to a table view, as it will be too time-consuming to update the graphics.

Originally Posted by Tratorn

It also has the advantage that people can search for a game.

As a fallen graphic designer (can no longer gain levels in this class), table view is unutterably ugly. Also, since the list is in alphabetical order I don't think search is much impacted.

Originally Posted by IgotElbows

Great thread! Although I think it's missing a little.
For example doesn't R&C on PS4 Pro have better AA or something?

Also I thought Infamous SS had better shadows or more particle effects or something?

The better AA Ratchet & Clank has is supersampling, meaning on 1080p screens it's rendered higher then scaled down, smoothing out jagged edges. Almost all Pro games do this.

As far as I can tell, higher resolution is also what makes more particles apparent in the Pro version of Infamous. There's just as many on a standard PS4, but the very small ones aren't as visible.

But, doesn't Rise of the Tomb Raider gave video options in the menu? I could be mistaken though.

Most of the games with multiple Pro modes do give the option in-game. Only a few have to be forced through OS-level settings.
ZeroX03
(12-12-2016, 05:20 AM)
What's the status on World of FF?
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 05:31 AM)

Originally Posted by GHG

I was under the impression that 1080p users would get the benefits of downsampling in all titles that rendered above 1080p on the Pro, or would at least have the option of doing so.

And for the vast majority of games, they do. Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee developers won't mess things up. How do we know it's the developers' fault and not the hardware? For the same reason we know when a PC port is bad: the hardware has shown itself to be capable of plenty more performance, but strangely fails to show it in a specific title.

Patches may be coming, but of course aren't guaranteed, any more than the same level of performance is guaranteed for every game on specific PC hardware. I do see why you'd avoid buying a Pro or a PC for that reason. ;)

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

What's the status on World of FF?

Still broken, as far as I know.
The Argus
(12-12-2016, 05:35 AM)
Great list. I was half expecting this topic to be a question for others to answer. Looking forward to TLG on Christmas :)
Hockeyguy412
Banned
(12-12-2016, 05:35 AM)
Hope we get a new digital foundry episode on return to arkham with the new pro patch
Trogdor1123
(12-12-2016, 05:41 AM)
Awesome stuff, very much appreciated.
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(12-12-2016, 05:43 AM)
Awesome OT. Ill be checking this regularly.

I hate seeing just "Pro support", tell me whats actually being added or improved.
gray_fox224
(12-12-2016, 05:43 AM)
TY!!
Tagg9
(12-12-2016, 05:47 AM)

So XCOM 2 has finally been updated? Do you have any info on all these, like you did with Abzu? I'll add empty blocks if I have to, but I'd like this to be a real source of data, not just a fancified list.

Sorry, I assumed XCOM 2 already has an update as it was included on the launch day list. I own Knack and Mafia III, so I'll attempt to do my own guesstimation on the resolution but that's about the best I can provide (nothing concrete online).
Vash63
(12-12-2016, 05:52 AM)

Check the screenshot comparison tool in their article. You can see that some textures are better on Pro 1080p mode (but not in high-res mode).

The one subtitled with "Textures are typically matched on all three play-throughs. However in this shot the asset quality varies: be it on PS4, or PS4 Pro at 1080p or 4K, all three turn in different results - with Pro's 1080p coming out on top. It's at odds with most comparison shots, and could potentially be an issue with streaming, occurring regardless of mode selected."

?
Liabe Brave
(12-12-2016, 05:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Vash63

The one subtitled with "Textures are typically matched on all three play-throughs. However in this shot the asset quality varies: be it on PS4, or PS4 Pro at 1080p or 4K, all three turn in different results - with Pro's 1080p coming out on top. It's at odds with most comparison shots, and could potentially be an issue with streaming, occurring regardless of mode selected."

?

Yes, that one. Regardless of Digital Foundry's guess as to why the difference exists, it does. I also took their statement that it's "at odds with most comparison shots" to mean it's not at odds with all of them (and the same with "Textures are typically matched..."). So occasionally there's better textures on Pro at 1080p (regardless of why). When I update, I'll change the text to indicate this is only a few textures and nowhere near all, though.

Sorry, I assumed XCOM 2 already has an update as it was included on the launch day list. I own Knack and Mafia III, so I'll attempt to do my own guesstimation on the resolution but that's about the best I can provide (nothing concrete online).

Yeah, as far as I know XCOM 2 still isn't updated, despite being on that list.

For games you do have, you can post 4K screenshots. I can try pixel counting from those (or you can, using the method I described long ago in this thread).

I encourage anyone else to post what they have as well. I'll try to track down some more info tomorrow, and run an update pass on the list.
Last edited by Liabe Brave; 12-12-2016 at 06:05 AM.