• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 demo data-mined *MAJOR SPOILERS REVEALED & UNMARKED*

Jawmuncher

Decided to make a thread since I figured this topic would end up hitting GAF at some point anyway. So better to lock it all into one thread now so that it doesn't get out. Being a horror game however I would say that spoilers should be avoided. Since they'll take away from some of the surprises in store.

Considering this data is from the demo, not all of it might be final. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff here doesn't appear in the final game, having been scrapped for whatever reason. Also it goes without saying, don't spoil the game for others if they aren't wanting it. Always mark your spoilers in other threads clearly or don't post the info at all.

LAST CHANCE TOTURN BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS
re7-biohazard-annw7p0j.jpg

From Reddit:
As mentioned before the .pak file seems to be protected and cannot be accessed, however the executable can be opened using an hex editor (i used "HxD").
I'm not a programmer by any means, i just randomly searched for some words and found mentions of the some interesting things.
STRONG SPOILER ALERT!!!
I just want to say that many of this items might have been for testing purposes only, disabled, (and maybe me not actually understanding what they really are) etc. and most likely some will not show in the final game.
weapons:
chainsaw
scissors
knife
shotgun
handgun
grenade launcher
burner
candle
lighter
timebomb
liquidbomb
stimulant
serum
npc's:
ghost
jack
zoe
there's also a "swagger" entity which i think it's another enemy
there's mention of a "shadow puzzle"
"lastbossmode" (probably a bossfight with several stages or modes)
this chunk of code mentions 7 dlc's (maybe some are prepurchase bonuses so take this one with a grain of salt): "BONUS_DLC1.Menu_BONUS_DLC2.Menu_BONUS_DLC3.Menu_BONUS_DLC4.Menu_BONUS_DLC5.Menu_BONUS_DLC6.Menu_BONUS_DLC7.Menu_BONUS_Ex"
tips:
slow molded (most likely the molded type enemies like the one seen on the demo)
quick molded
fat molded
leg cut foreign
knife mia
chainsaw mia
shovel jack (probably the stages of jack's boss battle)
garage jack
roller jack
scissors jack
pursuit marguerite
pit fight
passcodes
fat molded boss (probably another boss battle)
mutated jack (most likely the bossbattle)
Evelin necrotoxin (Is this the new virus?)
Mutated Marguerite (probably another boss battle)
eveline wall
eveline albert
scorpion key
NormalBox.RareBox.SuperRareBox.LegendaryBox (is this some lootbox dlc kinda thing?)
tutorials:
walk
view point
run
crouch
stand
inventory
open door
map
use recovery item
attack
shot
push
weapon attack
bomb
guard
craft
combine
use serum
use stabilizer
use steroid
quickslot
detail search
get serum
choose mia
choose zoe
herb
light on/off
glasses/tattoo ethan (i really don't know what these two mean)
glasses/tattoo clancy
tracker
Obviously there's a lot more data in the .exe file, so if this made you curious then go ahead and explore the file.
also the .snd files mentioned contain several story spoilers so omit that section if you don't want any heavy spoilers (it even says in which chapter each event happens).
I'd love if someone more experienced than me would take a look at this.
edited the format because reddit noob

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5jc9i8/so_no_data_mine_yet/dbg08ml/

MAJOR SPOILERS -Several strings mentioned "LastBossAlbert"(NO RELATION TO WESKER, sounds like it's just his guns appear in the game)
-Choose Mia, ChooseZoe (final choice?)
-MiaWakeUp (cutscene?),MiaDriveLicense(item?),MiaKnife,Chainsaw(battle?)
-FinalFather/MotherBattle (final battles with Jack/Marguerite ?)
-CountOfChooseMia,CountOfChooseZoe,CountOfAttackedCar, and so on.I think this is statistics of all players.
-Prologue.Garage.Scissor.Greenhouse.Partyroom.Ship.(chapter names?) -FlameBullet.AcidBullet.FlameCartridge.AcidCartridge.ReloadFlame.ReloadAcid.ChangeModeToFlame.ChangeModeToAcid.(bullet types?)
-UseGlasses,glasses/tattoo ethan,glasses/tattoo clancy(gameplay mechanic?)
-chainsaw,scissors,knife,shotgun,lighter,grenade launcher(we already knew that)
-Stimulant,Depressant,Steroid(consumables?)
-DaughtersBadEnding,DaughtersTrueEnding
-Birthday GameStage, Birthday weapon(absolutly no idea)
-RadarCautionNone,RadarCautionNear,RadarCautionReached
-LookatTatoo(?)
-SCREAM_FINGER_CUT_DEATH
-AlbertHandgun(?)
-Tentacles
That's all for now. I'll update if something new will appear

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5jjcwa/resident_evil_7_demo_data_mine/

Chapters:
Chapter3_2MapB1F.Chapter3_4Map.Chapter3_5Map.Chapter4_1Map.Chapter4_2Map.Chapte
r4_3Map.Chapter3_2_Main1F.Chapter3_2_Main2F.Chapter3_2_Main3F.Chapter3_2_Main1F
E.Chapter3_2_Garden.Chapter3_2_B1F.Chapter3_3_OldHouse1F.Chapter3_3_OldHouse2F.
Chapter3_4_Lucas1F.Chapter3_4_Lucas2F.Chapter3_5_Boat1F.Chapter3_5_Boat2F.Chapt
er4_1_1F.Chapter4_1_2F.Chapter4_1_3F.Chapter4_1_4F.Chapter4_1_B2F.Chapter1_1F.C
hapter1_2F.Chapter1_3F.Chapter1_B1F.Chapter1_Out.Chapter0_1F.Chapter3_Main.Chap
ter3_Main_East.Chapter3_Garden.Chapter3_3_OldHouse.Chapter3_4_Lucas.Chapter3_5_
Boat.Chapter4_1.Chapter4_2.Chapter4_3.Chapter1.Chapter0

Items related to "Albert"
HandGun_Albert_Reward
Shotgun_Albert
WeaponHandgunAlbertAppend
LastBossFinishGetGun
LastBossGetAlbert
AlbertInteract
AlbertGet
AlbertWeapon
AlbertDamageCount
isDamagedByAlbert

So to summarize the highlights, there's a lot more info coming out of what we can expect to see in the game. The first reddit post mentions a lot of different monster types and weapons. It also mentions what is perhaps the new virus "Eveline NecroToxin". The second quote mentions what looks to be a choice that could tie into multiple endings. There's also the mention of Albert numerous times. Which sounds like it is just the name of the samurai edge and perhaps the hydra. So the only relation to wesker in the main game are perhaps his stars equipment being usable in the story. Nothing indicates he's in the game at all. There's also something called Birthday which could be anything. We also have a better idea on how many chapters are in the game.

There's a LOT of data to go through, and the current info isn't even the tip of the iceberg. I'll update & bump the thread when more info hints.

*New Updates*

Unlock Rewards for beating the game

-Cleared Casual
-Cleared Normal
-Cleared Casual or Normal
-Cleared Hard
-Unlocked Destroy Mr EveryWhere
-Unlocked Time Attack
-Unlocked Birthday
-Unlocked Hard
-Unlocked TU2

Some more from the Hex. Seems to indicate a eyesight mechanic at some point in the game (Mentions eye drops and glasses). Also some other odd items.

T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l.C.h.e.c.k..F.l.a.g...H.a.d.R.u.n...H.a.d.C.a.m.e.r.a...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.R.e.m.e.d.y...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.S.t.i.m.u.l.a.n.t...H.a.d.U.s.e.d.D.e.p.r.e.s.s.a.n.t...H.a.d.C.r.o.u.c.h...H.a.d.S.t.a.n.d.U.p...C.h.e.c.k..O.p.e.n.e.d.D.o.o.r...H.a.d.R.e.l.o.a.d.e.d...O.p.e.n.I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y...O.p.e.n.T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l...H.a.d.W.a.l.k.e.d...O.p.e.n.M.a.p...G.o.t.B.u.r.n.e.r...I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y.T.a.b.C.r.a.f.t...H.a.d.M.o.v.e.d...O.p.e.n.D.e.t.a.i.l.S.e.a.r.c.h...S.a.w.S.t.a.n.d.T.u.t.o.r.i.a.l...U.s.i.n.g.E.y.e.D.r.o.p.s...H.a.s.C.r.a.f.t.M.a.t.e.r.i.a.l...C.a.n.O.p.e.n.M.a.p...C.a.n.O.p.e.n.I.n.v.e.n.t.o.r.y...C.a.n.C.h.a.n.g.e.W.e.a.p.o.n...C.h.a.n.g.e.d.W.e.a.p.o.n...H.a.d.C.h.a.n.g.e.d.B.u.l.l.e.t...U.s.e.d.R.e.m.e.d.y...C.h.a.n.g.e.d.E.q.u.l.i.p.W.e.a.p.o.n.

Every weapon in the game (or things that can be used as a weapon)

HandAxe
Knife
Bar
Handgun
Handgun_M19
Handgun_G17
Handgun_MPM
Handgun_Albert
ShotGun
Shotgun_M37
Shotgun_M37S
Shotgun_DB
MachineGun
Magnum
Glasses
EvelynRadar
LiquidBomb
Flare
Remedy
Stimulant
Depressant
KitchenKnife
WoodChip
ChainCutter
ScrewDriver
Shovel
Lantern
Roller
LanternBar
GlassPiece
FireAxe
MiaKnife
GoldenBar
HyperBlaster
BarCircularsaw
FireAxeBreakable
Shotgun_Albert
BlueBlaster
RedBlaster
Lantern_C
Lighter_Z
GimmickKnife
Mele

First DLC content revealed

Details on the first DLC for RE7, the 'four short stories' DLC (not the 2 campaign chapter DLCs). Seems to be a collection of minigame type things. No info in the data about the two later DLCs (probably as they haven't started development yet).

DLC 1-1: A puzzle-focused gameplay chapter where it seems you answer riddles and other types of puzzles. Almost seems entirely puzzle focused.

DLC 1-2: A card game? Apparently some card game you can play either in a story mode way or an endless mode with some type of reward you get. Specifics not clear, but includes mechanics like bluff, and some sort of in-game droppable based on your performance.

DLC 1-3: Wave-Based Survival Mode. seems to have multiple stages, and 10 waves for each map.

DLC 1-4: A proper miniature story chapter with you in a place with Lucas it seems. Also seems to have three endings based on something you do in this chapter.

Story Events
Big leak here basically detailing the events of the game.

CHAPTER 1:
-You enter a building on the plantation through a backdoor.
-You quickly meet Mia, but she's imprisoned in the basement of the building.
-You work to try to get her out, but you begin to meet the Moulded and fighting for survival as you solve puzzles.
-You get a phone call and meet Zoe, who claims she wants to help you.
-You work some fuses and get a chain cutter, and go to save Mia, but in the process your arm gets cut. Unsure what cuts it.
-You try to care for your hand, and get back to Mia.
-You break Mia out and you two work to try to escape.
-While escaping you black out from your cut.
-You wake up and look for Mia, open new areas with items obtained.
-You meet up with Mia but she gets kidnapped (Unsure, but I think by Lucas).
-You try to fight the kidnapper in a few different areas as you give chase. You follow up a stairwell but get knocked out.

CHAPTER 2:
-You wake up to the dinner scene.
-You get a key to go under the floorboards and enter the washroom (a save room with a phone).
-You try to find a way out and while doing so a knock comes from a window and you meet a police officer.
-To try and help you defend yourself, the police officer gives you a knife.
-You turn the breaker on and open a sealed garage switch to enter the garage.

CHAPTER 3:
-You enter the main hall of the Main Building of the Plantation. See thematic locked doors, and the way out of this house is with three dog crests.
-Main bit of chapter is exploring the house, getting crests and keys, you encounter Jack & the Molded, and do so as you explore.
-There's optional content in this chapter, such as an ability for you to get a shotgun.
-Lots of room names you explore while doing this, like Freezer, Taxidermy Room, Workshop, and such.
-To get the last crest you need to fight Jack a second time for the second boss battle as he comes at you with a chainsaw.
-With all crests, you can finish exploring or leave to the next area.

CHAPTER 4:
-You go outside to the grounds of the plantation, and find a Trailer, which is used as a shop in the game.
-You go down a boardwalk to the fourth main setting of the game, the Greenhouse.
-Inside you encounter Marguerite and a room where Mia was captured by Marguerite. You go to try and free her in the Greenhouse.
-There are two notable scenes here. The first is the "Insect Fall" battle. Sounds like a bunch of insects begin to crawl over the ceiling to drop on you and crawl through holes and you have to fight them back.
-Second scene is the "Insect Hole". It seems you are dropped down a well and then need to escape the well, which is crawling with enemy insects.
-Then a third boss battle against Marguerite, labelled as "Long Hand Marguerite" battle.
-You get the lantern that she drops and with it can solve a new puzzle of the area.
-You get something called the "Evline Arm".
-You get a phone call (you get several but most aren't objectives an optional) apparently from Lucas.
-You do Shadow Puzzles with the lantern and objects you find around the Greenhouse to open up secret passages around the building. You also get keys and open p some areas in the previous area.
-As you go to leave Greenhouse, Marguerite comes back as "Long Haired Marguerite" as they call it, and begins to sweep you with insects and trying to prevent you from escaping.
-But you eventually escape.

CHAPTER 5:
-You go back to the Main House again and a lot of new areas are openable, including a child room, and Lucas begins to play with you. Lucas seems to have the whole thing set-up where he can monitor the place and has a control room where he watches you.
-You explore and open up more, but then Lucas plays his cards to release new types of Molded to rush you down so as you do a new puzzle set to unlock a new area new types of Molded enter the picture.
-There's some timed event, it's not specific but there's a lot of objectives like "Wait 10 seconds." "wait 20 seconds," "wait 13 seconds", which are probably related to something.
-After surviving Lucas' games, you enter a new area of his main forray. It's apparently a super dark place and light plays a big role.
-Apparently a big puzzle in the area involving a Birthday Cake Room, valves, Candles, and the like.
-Apparently Lucas has a weird love of childish games and so lots of weird puzzles, including something about a cake bomb, something about beds, and creepy puppets.
-Of note it seems during this section of the game, Zoe's phone calls get replaced by Lucas calls, as you go through his ordeals.
-Eventually manage to escape through to the backyard.

CHAPTER 6:
-You go through the woods and appreoach a nearby river and enter a boat house.
-Inside Zoe has been captured and apparently infected with something as you need to help get her materials to make a serum.
-You board a beached boat on the shore by the pier to get what's needed.
-Jack is around this area as he attacks. And we enter our fourth boss battle here. The Battle is against what's called "Mukade Jack". A Mukade is a type of centipede with many legs, so it seems like Jack has mutated into some centipede monster at this point.
-You get keys to open up different parts of the ship and apparently also with traps.
-Apparently somewhere in this you also get an Evlin Head.
-You get into the final battle with Jack as he further mutates for the fifth boss battle.
-Jack in his dying moments goes to destroy the boat to take you with him.
-You go back to the pier and seems a big choice event occurs in the game that changes the rest of the game for you. The full details aren't made clear, but you either have to choose Mia or choose Zoe.
-The chapter ends with an escape sequence from the boat with who I assume is the person who choose to escape with as the boat explodes.
-Notably the file makes it seem like you save Mia no matter what, seems if you try to save Zoe she complains and refuses (there's even a "Zoe Complain" event around this period of events).

CHAPTER 7:
-It seems in this chapter you play as Mia.
-This chapter plays with a combination of you getting Ethan to saftey then exploring and surviving the area, and apparenly flashback scenarios. There's also a character named Eveline here (I see them use both the spelling Eveline AND Evelyn in the code).
-Chapter has you starting up an elevator, it seems you go into some sort of industrial plant/lab. Need to get fuses and repair something, and probably not alone, but are some flashback scene mentions and something called "Mia Head Mode".

CHAPTER 8:
-Seems in this chapter we head to some caves, a mine of some sort.
-There's a side-quest in this chapter to open up a locker with a machinegun in it.
-Hard to piece together, but it seems something happens to Mia and she becomes an enemy in this chapter. Mentions of "Mia Enemy", "Mia Battle", and stuff of the sort.
-Seem Eveline is around here too, and as you go deeper into the mines you enter some other living area, mentions of a study, a "spiral room", and Enecrotoxin.
-There's a boss here but not clear what it is.

CHAPTER 9:
-Seems this chapter has you go through a series of things to the climax, seems you deal with things. There are five main events in this chapter. The first three are labelled "FB 1-3", which I would assume stands for final boss 1-3. Then comes a stage known as "Evelyn's Anger" (is there any reason it keeps swapping between the two spellings? Are they two seperate characters?).
-After this, you start the actual final boss battle, which mentions a gun case drops at some point for you to use. and you get a gun labeled Albert.
-There is a branching event and more than one ending apparently.
-Ending plays, then the credits roll.
-Epilogue scene after credits.

Ethan's face has been revealed
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...lers_re7_ethans_face/?st=IX9DE3C8&sh=20c4fdd6

DYem2vG.jpg

X9h2ymV.jpg

Seik

Banned
-SCREAM_FINGER_CUT_DEATH

So you can die, screaming in agony because you cut your finger. :lol

And yeah...will they really bring back Wesker? How could he have survived the volcano events? Maybe a clone or something...

Jawmuncher

Also want to mention this is all from Hex values and such. So it's gonna all be text leaks.
I don't think we're gonna see actual model dumps and the like for awhile due to the Denuvo on the demo.

So you can die, screaming in agony because you cut your finger. :lol

And yeah...will they really bring back Wesker? How could he have survived the volcano events? Maybe a clone or something...

Wild theory:

Umbrella took the body of Wesker and made a virus out of it. Anyone affected by the virus becomes a part of a overall Wesker Hive Mind.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
jx5Aruf.gif

Best villain is back

Also isn't there a theory that Ethan is an Umbrella employee mentioned in a file from RE5?

KyleCross

Wild theory:

Umbrella took the body of Wesker and made a virus out of it. Anyone affected by the virus becomes a part of a overall Wesker Hive Mind.
How? Umbrella was finished and Wesker's body was destroyed in lava.

Can't believe Capcom left all of this in a demo.

It would be crazy if Wesker was in this. Of course, I would wanna see ALL the receipts on a super-ordinary dude like Ethan being able to take down that OP motherfucker. He's like way out of the league of everything we've seen in the toned down RE7 lore thus far.

Ninjimbo

Hmm, Albert eh? I'm down for it but how are they going to justify it being him. He perished in a pool of lava after our boy Chris blew him up.

Honestly, I don't even know if I want this lol.

I've been saying since the beginning that RE7 is better off playing it straight and not go too far into RE's ridiculous lore. It would be nice if it was just loosely connected and RE's brand of crazy didn't make an appearance.

That said tho, I'm definitely more interested now in RE7 now.

AAMARMO

Banned
If wesker back I can't wait to see Michael Huber reaction.

Where is Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo on that list.

I don't know, video games? I mean, if Capcom wanted to make those connections they could just invent them.

But since Capcom has been very vocal in saying it is canon, I imagine they will tie it into Umbrella and everything else.

JayEH

Bringing back wesker would be the most residentsleeper thing they could do. Time to move on Capcom.

Well it's his first name. It also makes me think it's not really him and is simply a clone. Hell didn't Spencer make multiple Wesker's?

Yep, but I believe the
only other one who survived, Alex, died in Revelations 2
could be wrong.

Wouldn't be hard to retcon it.

Edit: It'd be interesting how it is done, whether its Albert or a winkyface/fuck you by being someone else called Albert. Then again I love DC Douglas' VA for him in such a cheesy way, I want his impossible return.

Jawmuncher

Unlock Rewards for beating the game

-Cleared Casual
-Cleared Normal
-Cleared Casual or Normal
-Cleared Hard
-Unlocked Destroy Mr EveryWhere
-Unlocked Time Attack
-Unlocked Birthday
-Unlocked Hard
-Unlocked TU2

KyleCross

If they do somehow clone Wesker and he's the final boss, I want him to be fucked up. I want the result to make Nemesis look like Ryan Reynolds in comparison. Just a full on body horror mess slumpin' around with a gun and a tentacle.

Jawmuncher

I'm curious if some of this might be Red Herrings. Wbacon said the demo would be scrubbed, but it sure doesn't seem like it was. Though perhaps they only went back and scrubbed the big stuff they knew to. Since they were never going to be able to get rid of everything.

Alienous

If they do somehow clone Wesker and he's the final boss, I want him to be fucked up. I want the result to make Nemesis look like Ryan Reynolds in comparison. Just a full on body horror mess slumpin' around with a gun and a tentacle.

There was that theory that he was RE6's Ustanak. If Wesker returns in a form like that it could be pretty cool.

Spinky

I don't think it's him. Don't think it would make much sense at this point, but despite that I'm not gonna complain if it is.
Bringing back wesker would be the most residentsleeper thing they could do. Time to move on Capcom.
residentsleeper7 confirmed.

KyleCross

Yep, but I believe the
only other one who survived, Alex, died in Revelations 2
could be wrong.
Major spoilers for Revelations 2:
Natalia is Alex Wesker now, regardless of the ending you get she has her personality transferred into Natalia. So Alex is very much alive, but in the body of a teenager by the time 7 takes place. Give her a few more years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this means its more likely he will come back for Infinite baby!

mvc3-wesker-o.gif

oh yeah, and him being in 7 is cool and all >_>

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Complete. Global. Saturation.

Albert_Wesker_RE5.png

Zaverious

I think that's cool but it makes me wonder if he'll be a clone, or the real deal slightly damaged maybe. Either one is fine for me really.

Caffeine

There's also an Eveline Albert in there people. Don't get your hopes up for nothing.

but does eveline albert use a handgun Kappa

albert weskers handgun is very iconic and yes they would do this because they know everyone loves him.

Fury451

Banned
If true I figured they'd bring him back some type of way

But in this game of all things? Would be wild. Part of me thinks it's a ruse, either an intentional deception or some sort of code category for something similar but unrelated to that character specifically, so we will see.

Otherwise it seems like it might be referring to a completely different characters so I wouldn't get too excited.

There's so many ways to bring Albert Wesker back if they wanted. The whole Wesker children thing is one massive loophole essentially, not to mention Jake (since 7 is not a reboot and takes place post-6).

As for leaving it in, I presume they did it on purpose. There's no way they wouldn't have expected someone to eventually crack it open.

Top Bottom