• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

chronic_archaic
(12-30-2016, 11:05 PM)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa..._rB1I5PH1P6XOA
Digital and physical!
Electret
(12-30-2016, 11:14 PM)
I don't think I've seen FH3 cheaper than this. At least physical.

This is probably my tipping point for jumping in. Thanks, OP.
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(12-30-2016, 11:16 PM)
how does the PC version hold up?
Noobcraft
(12-30-2016, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions

how does the PC version hold up?

Of which?
StylesClash
(12-30-2016, 11:25 PM)
Lesson learned. Black Friday doesn't mean shit anymore.
Lettuce
(12-30-2016, 11:27 PM)
Can i get the digital version of DR4 if im not based in the US?
Zedox
(12-30-2016, 11:27 PM)
Damn...so all my day one purchases will be in the first half of the year I see. Anything September or later I'll just wait until the dealzzzzzzzz
Varg
(12-30-2016, 11:40 PM)
Woohoo picking up dead rising after work. Horizon is the best racing game I've ever played . Do yourself the couresty in playing that game .
GodParticle
(12-30-2016, 11:40 PM)
Might jump on dead rising since I saw that they're apparently doing a difficulty patch early next year
#sorrynotsorry
(12-30-2016, 11:42 PM)
Fantastic. Wish they'd do this for Watch Dogs. I've been craving Ubisoft open world.
LegalEagleMike
(12-31-2016, 12:01 AM)
Both great games. Especially Forza.
TheBear
(12-31-2016, 12:03 AM)
Are these play anywhere? (PC)
ShinUltramanJ
Banned
(12-31-2016, 12:06 AM)
Better jump on these. Last time Best Buy corrected the Forza price to $40.
OnionPowder
(12-31-2016, 12:07 AM)

Originally Posted by JimmyRickard

Are these play anywhere? (PC)

Forza is, Dead Rising is not.
DrBaalzamon
(12-31-2016, 12:08 AM)
Forza is amazing. I HIGHLY recommend it. It works pretty seamless from PC/XBOX if you get that version as well. As a person who conceptually loves racing games like Forza and Grand Turismo but always hits a brick wall skillwise and competition wise, FH3 is the sweet spot where its silly enough to not take itself super serious as a racer but also has those beats and many more that keep you coming back for more. Been spending a good part of my vacation playing it.
RK128
(12-31-2016, 12:09 AM)
Hello everyone!

We at 3WIREL discovered that you could possibly get Forza 6 for free. We figured since this was a Forza thread (pushing an Horizon 3 deal), it was worth sharing this news here.

Xbox Turkey has put up a new promotion where any Xbox One player globally can get Forza Motorsport 6 for free. The only requirement is to have had an active gamer tag the last 7 days along with adding your Email address.

Link to Post: http://3wirel.com/2016/12/30/get-for...ires-dec-31st/
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 12:11 AM)
do not buy forza horizon 3 for pc unless you like input lag or stuttering. you will be choosing between the 2 when you play. try the demo for yourselves b4 you buy. its truly awful
Dreams-Visions
I'm mad as hell but this sandwich is delicious
(12-31-2016, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Noobcraft

Of which?

DR has a PC version? (I was referring to Forza)

Originally Posted by icecold1983

do not buy forza horizon 3 for pc unless you like input lag or stuttering. you will be choosing between the 2 when you play. try the demo for yourselves b4 you buy. its truly awful

sounds like my question just got answered! if it's a lagging, stuttering mess on a 1080 I'll move on.
lowhighkang_LHK
(12-31-2016, 12:13 AM)
How does Horizon play with a thrustmaster?
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 12:17 AM)

sounds like my question just got answered! if it's a lagging, stuttering mess on a 1080 I'll move on.

its a mess on every system because the game only uses 1 cpu thread. its smooth at 30 fps vsyncd but the input lag is abut 150 ms. try and unlock the fps and it stutters like a mutherfucker
GodParticle
(12-31-2016, 01:13 AM)
Well that's lame. The discount doesn't apply to digital games
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
(12-31-2016, 01:31 AM)
Really looking at FH3 but that shitty pc version putting me off....
outsida
(12-31-2016, 01:36 AM)

Some people have problems others don't. I have the play anywhere version and I've been playing almost exclusively on PC. I haven't had significant problems outside of the first few weeks before the patches. Others still have serious stuttering and low FPS problems.
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 01:39 AM)

Originally Posted by outsida

Some people have problems others don't. I have the play anywhere version and I've been playing almost exclusively on PC. I haven't had significant problems outside of the first few weeks before the patches. Others still have serious stuttering and low FPS problems.

those that claim they have no problems prove themselves wrong every time in the rare case they upload a video. in fact, theres not a single video ive yet seen of horizon 3 without awful stutter when not locked to 30 fps. just because stutter/input lag doesnt bother you doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist
outsida
(12-31-2016, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by lowhighkang_LHK

How does Horizon play with a thrustmaster?

I picked up a Thrustmaster TX a week or so ago. It takes a ton of tinkering to get the wheel settings right otherwise you'll be spinning out like crazy. Now that I have my settings dialed in I'm starting to finish races at the head of the pack like I was with the controller.
tuna_love
(12-31-2016, 01:42 AM)

those that claim they have no problems prove themselves wrong every time in the rare case they upload a video. in fact, theres not a single video ive yet seen of horizon 3 without awful stutter when not locked to 30 fps. just because stutter/input lag doesnt bother you doesnt mean the problem doesnt exist

like the crew
outsida
(12-31-2016, 01:45 AM)

I'm not gonna argue with you. You come into every thread that Forza Horizon 3 is mentioned and believe you speak for everyone. I personally don't have problems with the way the game plays. I don't have terrible hitching on my system. I'm not the only person who has said this to you. I recently bought a wheel to play this game on the PC. I don't have issues with input lag or massive stuttering problems. Do you think I would spend money to buy a Thrustmaster TX, T3PA Pro pedal set and an Alcantara wheel add on for a game that was performing terrible on my system?
m23
(12-31-2016, 01:47 AM)

Originally Posted by RK128

Hello everyone!

We at 3WIREL discovered that you could possibly get Forza 6 for free. We figured since this was a Forza thread (pushing an Horizon 3 deal), it was worth sharing this news here.

Link to Post: http://3wirel.com/2016/12/30/get-for...ires-dec-31st/

Is this legit?
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 01:50 AM)

I'm not gonna argue with you. You come into every thread that Forza Horizon 3 is mentioned and believe you speak for everyone. I personally don't have problems with the way the game plays. I don't have terrible hitching on my system. I'm not the only person who has said this to you. I recently bought a wheel to play this game on the PC. I don't have issues with input lag or massive stuttering problems. Do you think I would spend money to buy a Thrustmaster TX, T3PA Pro pedal set and an Alcantara wheel add on for a game that was performing terrible on my system?

ok, only takes 15 mins to upload a video to youtube showing your stutter free gameplay
outsida
(12-31-2016, 01:53 AM)

ok, only takes 15 mins to upload a video to youtube showing your stutter free gameplay

Don't hold your breath waiting on the video.
RK128
(12-31-2016, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by m23

Is this legit?

After we looked into things, it apparently is. People on Reddit has tried this and got success getting the game. We published this post due to seeing positive results on Reddit, proving this is legit. The author of this post (Verzu Chase) stated the following.

The only requirement is to have had an active gamer tag the last 7 days along with adding your Email address. By doing so you end up with the highly received racing game Forza 6 from Microsoft for free, and to increase the value of this deal Xbox users from other countries can also join this program. I would suggest using a translation program or a built-in browser translator (Google Chrome) if any Xbox gamers are interested. But make haste as the deal ends on Jan. 1st!

icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 02:02 AM)

Don't hold your breath waiting on the video.

im not. i have whats probably a better rig than you and have seen for myself how awful it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmSUpCmHujs

this is pretty representative of what people defending the game say "runs great for me!"
Last edited by icecold1983; 12-31-2016 at 02:06 AM.
JB2448
(12-31-2016, 02:14 AM)
So, is this the lowest price it's been on PC, and if so, has the PC release been patched to the point where it will be worth getting? Yes, I read through the thread, but the video posted is from early October.
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by JB2448

So, is this the lowest price it's been on PC, and if so, has the PC release been patched to the point where it will be worth getting? Yes, I read through the thread, but the video posted is from early October.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAypD5prbbQ

i think this is the most recent update? or close to it at least. the game is never going to be fixed. the problems get magnified during actual races with more cars on screen, dense vegetation areas, when it rains, and whenever theres more buildings in view.
Last edited by icecold1983; 12-31-2016 at 02:21 AM.
pizzacat
(12-31-2016, 02:20 AM)
Theres a FH3 demo on pc right? Ill try it out to see if it runs fine if not ill just buy the disc version
blame space
King of Members with nice chair, nice beard, nice wall hooks, broken TV, clean phone, and a red username.
(12-31-2016, 02:23 AM)

im not. i have whats probably a better rig than you and have seen for myself how awful it is

this is pretty representative of what people defending the game say "runs great for me!"

absolutely disgusting.. can't believe people think this is playable.
Lockjaw333
(12-31-2016, 02:30 AM)

FH3 does NOT perform like that on my rig, at all. Its super smooth 60fps most of the time outside of the typical city areas that cause drops, but I see none of the hitching you have in that video.

What is the easiest way for me to upload a video? Not really well versed in that.
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Lockjaw333

FH3 does NOT perform like that on my rig, at all. Its super smooth 60fps most of the time outside of the typical city areas that cause drops, but I see none of the hitching you have in that video.

What is the easiest way for me to upload a video? Not really well versed in that.

do you have nvidia? use shadowplay, its like a 2% perf drop if that. you can upload to youtube or gamersyde.com
mercenar1e
(12-31-2016, 02:37 AM)
they don't have the PC version for Dead Rising 4?
Last edited by mercenar1e; 12-31-2016 at 02:45 AM.
tuna_love
(12-31-2016, 02:37 AM)

because that video doesnt use framerate smoothing
55fps for some reason seems to be my sweet spot
outsida
(12-31-2016, 03:03 AM)

Originally Posted by blame space

absolutely disgusting.. can't believe people think this is playable.

Originally Posted by tuna_love

because that video doesnt use framerate smoothing
55fps for some reason seems to be my sweet spot

ThisisNeogaf.gif
Louis Cyphre
(12-31-2016, 03:07 AM)

Is that your video? My game is not a stable frame rate (on average mid 40's) but it does not stutter that bad, but then again I'm not playing in 4K like that video, I play all may games in 1080p with my RX 480.
dickroach
(12-31-2016, 03:08 AM)

Originally Posted by #sorrynotsorry

Fantastic. Wish they'd do this for Watch Dogs. I've been craving Ubisoft open world.

I'm almost positive Watch Dogs dropped to $30 on Best Buy a few weeks ago for a day
icecold1983
(12-31-2016, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Louis Cyphre

Is that your video? My game is not a stable frame rate (on average mid 40's) but it does not stutter that bad, but then again I'm not playing in 4K like that video, I play all may games in 1080p with my RX 480.

No, i only have the demo. I would never support this awful product with my money.
JoeyJungle
(12-31-2016, 03:35 AM)
Heeeeey, for $30 I'll gamble on getting the windows store to work. I'll just start the DL when I go to sleep.
VeteranGamer
Banned
(12-31-2016, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

they don't have the PC version for Dead Rising 4?

Windows store only for now
mercenar1e
(12-31-2016, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by VeteranGamer

Windows store only for now

the windows store doesn't have it for sale and someone told me that the digital version of Dead Rising 4 works on Windows as well? can anyone confirm?
jediyoshi
(12-31-2016, 03:59 AM)

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

the windows store doesn't have it for sale and someone told me that the digital version of Dead Rising 4 works on Windows as well? can anyone confirm?

It's not a Play Anywhere title. There is a Windows 10 store version, buying the game on Xbox digitally does not grant it to you.
Blam
(12-31-2016, 03:59 AM)
This is an amazing deal.
BennyBlanco
aka IMurRIVAL69
(12-31-2016, 04:00 AM)
Really wish DR4 on PC would drop this low. Guess I might as well wait it out for the Steam release now.