• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Tetsuo9999
(01-04-2017, 04:04 AM)
http://store.steampowered.com/search...=PlatinumGames

Not sure when this happened, but it's disappeared from the Steam store. At least the fact that it was such a disappointing game ended up being a blessing in disguise; imagine if it was the game we all wanted for decades only for it to get delisted 8-10 months after release.

Looks like it's gone from PSN too.
styl3s
(01-04-2017, 04:05 AM)
Hopefully it means they are losing the licensing right to TMNT if Activision owns it. I know Ubisoft had the license at one point.

TMNT deserves better than the plethora of mediocre to shit games. I did want to pick this up cheap but since it's gone i will have to get a ps4 physical edition when i can get it for $10.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(01-04-2017, 04:05 AM)
At least there are physical copies on console.
DarkLordMalik
(01-04-2017, 04:06 AM)
Sigh. Just bought it on PSN in a recent sale. Curious to see how bad it is.
5taquitos
It's not on PSN either.
E_Darkness

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

At least there are physical copies on console.

We should smash the remaining discs just to make sure.
Zetta
(01-04-2017, 04:07 AM)
It is a damn shame how bad this game is. I had such high hopes for it from the trailers I saw and with Platinum leading it I was excited. I will say though that once it was known that it didn't have couch co-op a lot of my interest went out the window.
BocoDragon

Originally Posted by E_Darkness

We should smash the remaining discs just to make sure.

Hahaha.
SFenton
The Amazing Spider-Man apparently also left Steam today.

Activision maybe getting out of the licensing game?
Tetsuo9999
(01-04-2017, 04:08 AM)

Originally Posted by styl3s

Hopefully it means they are losing the licensing right to TMNT if Activision owns it. I know Ubisoft had the license at one point.

TMNT deserves better than the plethora of mediocre to shit games. I did want to pick this up cheap but since it's gone i will have to get a ps4 physical edition when i can get it for $10.

Whatever license they negotiated must have been a joke if a game released last spring is already delisted. I've never seen something get removed that fast before. If it was a good game, this would have stung even more.
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I said damn.

License expiring explains why Activision rushed it out so fast.

Even as a Platinum and TMNT fan.... Nope.
HammerFace
Good this game was garbage. I knew from the trailers that it was gonna play terribly and I was right. I still decided to play through it once and that was abysmal. At least Transformers Devastation was good.
SFenton

Originally Posted by Tetsuo9999

Whatever license they negotiated must have been a joke if a game released last spring is already delisted. I've never seen something get removed that fast before. If it was a good game, this would have stung even more.

Deadpool vanished pretty quickly too IIRC, it just happens to be back now.
Phediuk
Micro-Member
one of the worst games of 2016.

I'm not gonna miss it.
Takao
Banned
(01-04-2017, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by styl3s

Who would realistically pick up the TMNT license? No one does licensed console games in the west anymore.
KingBroly
Give TMNT back to Konami already

Re-release the NES/SNES/Genesis games. Make bank. Everyone's happy forever.
5taquitos

Originally Posted by KingBroly

What?

Fuck no.
BennyBlanco
aka IMurRIVAL69
(01-04-2017, 04:10 AM)
Damn, now I regret not buying a copy to just keep in my Steam inventory
Pudge
(01-04-2017, 04:11 AM)

Originally Posted by SFenton

The Amazing Spider-Man apparently also left Steam today.

Activision maybe getting out of the licensing game?

The Fast and the Furious game they made a few years ago also hit the chopping block. So maybe. Seems like the Transformers games and Duck Dynasty survived another year.

https://techraptor.net/content/activ...l-marketplaces
Slamtastic

Originally Posted by KingBroly

Teenage Mutant Pachinko Turtles
KingBroly

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

Teenage Mutant Pachinko Turtles

Pizza-shaped pachinko balls
nded
(01-04-2017, 04:12 AM)
I had such high hopes for this game after Transformers: Devastation.
mrmickfran
(01-04-2017, 04:14 AM)
Knew the game was going to be garbage since it was being helmed by the Anarchy Reigns director.
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(01-04-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by mrmickfran

Knew the game was going to be garbage since it was being helmed by the Anarchy Reigns director.

Whoa hey Anarchy Reigns was a legit hype beatemup.
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(01-04-2017, 04:16 AM)

Originally Posted by 5taquitos

What?

Fuck no.

The Turtles lose no matter what.
Even with Platinum they couldn't succeed (though that's all Activision and their rushing)
TheDinoman
(01-04-2017, 04:17 AM)

Originally Posted by mrmickfran

That was Masaki Yamanaka. TMNT was helmed by Eiro Shirahama...who previously directed The Legend of Korra. Go figure.
matrix-cat
(01-04-2017, 04:19 AM)
Jeez. I mean, the game was terrible (my worst game of the year, and I absolutely adore Platinum), but this is a shitty way for any game to end up. This is probably, what, a good six, seven weeks of work from Platinum just up and gone.
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(01-04-2017, 04:20 AM)

Originally Posted by TheDinoman

That was Masaki Yamanaka. TMNT was helmed by Eiro Shirahama...who previously directed The Legend of Korra. Go figure.

Yeaaah I think Platinum should "move him". He's clearly not fit to be a director.
Hell, Transformers was likely done in the same time and that was a vastly better game. But we can't prove it...
mrmickfran
(01-04-2017, 04:20 AM)

Oops, got em mixed up. But, both games were garbage, so it doesn't really change much :P
thepenguin55
(01-04-2017, 04:21 AM)
Finally, that Rocksteady developed game we've all wanted is happening ;)
HotHamBoy
(01-04-2017, 04:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Said no one ever.
Slate Soda
(01-04-2017, 04:22 AM)
Games like these show why Platinum has no business being the go-to developer for every IP, a suggestion that seems to come up in discussions here when people want their favorite series given to another developer
digita1alchemy
(01-04-2017, 04:23 AM)
It's really not a bad game. I feel like most people have forgotten what an actual bad game is. It was, however, very underwhelming and a big missed opportunity considering it was a property + developer dream project.
TheDinoman
(01-04-2017, 04:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BatDan

Hell, Transformers was likely done in the same time and that was a vastly better game. But we can't prove it...

Devastation was directed by Kenji Saito, who previously worked on MGR Revengence. Guess he has a better understanding on how to make an action game with a shorter time and budget.
Tetsuo9999

Originally Posted by Slate Soda

Games like these show why Platinum has no business being the go-to developer for every IP, a suggestion that seems to come up in discussions here when people want their favorite series given to another developer

Well, we now know the game's quality (or lack thereof) was irrelevant if it was never intended to be sold for more than a few months anyway. If they deliver the product everyone had been asking for, the outcome would have been the same. At least we got Transformers out of the collaboration.
Agent_4Seven
Well, what I know for sure is that High Moon needs to go independent or find better publisher to work with, cuz Activision is making them work like slaves to help making their other games and not letting them make their own. High Moon is VERY talanted and passionate team, just like Rocksteady. Transformers Cybertron games was amazing, Deadpool also was great and I'm sure they could have made amazing TMNT game.

Release them from your corporate and greedy shit, you corporate bastards!
lupinko
(01-04-2017, 04:25 AM)

Yeaaah I think Platinum should "move him". He's clearly not fit to be a director.

Transformers was directed by the MGR director was it not?
Mr. Smiley

I kinda want to give the guy one more chance but he stops directing, I won't be upset.
BocoDragon

I don't doubt Platinum's development chops. But it seems even they can't surmount an Activision-style "rush a licensed game out the door" scheme.
Crimsonclaw111

Devastation was directed by Kenji Saito, who previously worked on MGR Revengence. Guess he has a better understanding on how to make an action game with a shorter time and budget.

TMNT guy couldn't even get 60fps down.

RIP Plat's worst game.
mrmickfran

I would love to get a Saito game with a lot of time under the oven. His games have potential, but he always seems to get the short development cycles.
Megawarrior
(01-04-2017, 04:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Bronetta

Not really.... :/
HammerOfThor
(01-04-2017, 04:27 AM)
I feel like a TMNT game would be easier to get right than a Transformers game. Devastation was amazing, no idea how they fucked up TMNT.
Mr. Smiley
(01-04-2017, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by lupinko

Transformers was directed by the MGR director was it not?

Ye, Kenji Saito. Someone who should be given a big budget, long development project like right now.

Oh wait, he's doing Granblue Fantasy Re:Link right?
Living Proof
(01-04-2017, 04:28 AM)

While I agree with your point overall, I have to imagine Platinum would have given this property a much better game had they been allowed better time and/or resources. The fact that the license has been pulled so quickly seems to indicate it was rushed out the door even more so than was heavily rumored to make whatever money they could with the time available
kurahador
(01-04-2017, 04:29 AM)
For the love of god stop granting Activision your IP license Marvel and Nickelodeon.
HammerFace
(01-04-2017, 04:29 AM)

This game was made on most likely a short development time and low budget to coincide with the new tmnt film release. So ehh.

Although I do feel like the director had a serious role to play in this games lackluster everything.
Leafhopper
(01-04-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Megawarrior

Not really.... :/

Soundtrack was good though.
styl3s

Originally Posted by Takao

Who would realistically pick up the TMNT license? No one does licensed console games in the west anymore.

TMNT Telltale? TMNT Lego? And what do you mean nobody does licensed games you have a new Spider-Man game, Batman games, Lego Games based on every fucking license known to man. You have South Park coming out with a new one, Adventure Time, Friday the 13th and a laundry list of anime games that come and are pretty successful in the west.

TMNT isn't just shitty Micahel Bay movies it still has a big fanbase and a successful show that is currently airing. TMNT is legit license that in the right hands could make money and a great game.
Last edited by styl3s; 01-04-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Biske
It is a damn shame.

The art was ace (Mateus Santolouco forever) I enjoyed the story, but the game play was ass loads of ass.

Inconceivable how they could have fucked it up so much.