• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA registers Shenmue HD domain

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/01/05/a-domain-for-shenmuehd-com-has-been-registered-by-sega-europe/

https://whois-search.com/whois/www.shenmuehd.com

It seems SEGA Europe has registered a domain name called ”Shenmuehd.com". In fact, they're mentioned directly as ”Sega Europe Ltd." If there's one thing past experiences have taught us here on TSSZ, it's that a domain registration is not only very accurate with SEGA projects, but it usually means that that SEGA project is very close to being unveiled.

Could be nothin; could be something.

EDIT: whoa. I think we created a thread at the same time?

Garlador

ah-damn-hold-up-o.gif

Make it happen, Sega.

It might just be Sega maintaining control of their copyrights. I'll buy (several times probably) it but I'll most likely continue to play it on the Dreamcast.

ar4757

Only kickstarter I've backed was Shenmue 3 purely because of how dedicated and excited the fans seem. Would love an HD release so I don't have to emulate

Man fucking finally.

Although who knows what IP-hell they had to claw through to make this happen. Props for sticking it through. Wonder when they'll announce it.
Only on da Switch.
Oh how amazing the reaction thread would be. Bayonetta 2 exclusive to WiiU x10.

mp1990

Banned
If they were to announce this after the 3 Kickstarter announcement, I'd be excited, but after watching the GB run and playing the Yakuza games, I'm not expecting much from this.

epmode

This game looks amazing at high resolutions via emulation but it was a bit buggy and I had to stop.

If this is true, we'd better get a Japanese audio track because I'm not going back to English.

Can we get sega to like, remaster all of their dreamcast catalogue while they're at it? Please let this be the start of something big.

Tohsaka

This game looks amazing at high resolutions via emulation but it was a bit buggy and I had to stop.

If this is true, we'd better get a Japanese audio track because I'm not going back to English.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play the dub again after having Japanese voices in the second game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sega Europe huh? Well then I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first PC port of a classic console title they announce this year. It'll probably be digital only even if it's multiplat.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Perfect way to build some hype going into Shenmue 3.

Will be interesting to see what platform(s) Sega will make this available on,if this is true.

Top Bottom