• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

rockman zx
(01-07-2017, 11:17 AM)

Hey folks, this is Steve from Fangamer. We’ve been receiving a lot of questions from Mighty No. 9 backers regarding their remaining physical rewards, and I figured I would chime in here to clarify what’s going on from our end.

We (Fangamer) were contracted by Comcept to produce and fulfill the physical rewards (up to the $250 tier) for their Kickstarter project, however this is contingent on Comcept providing us with the necessary assets we need for fulfillment.

The question we’ve been receiving the most has been “When will you begin shipping the rewards?”. The remaining physical rewards are currently in production, and while we can provide estimates based on our (Fangamer’s) internal time-frames (e.g. Early-2017), these estimates are based on the assumption that we will receive all required assets from Comcept, and unfortunately we currently do not know when they will give them to us. Therefore, until we receive everything we need from Comcept, we cannot give a specific shipping time-frame just yet.

Also please keep in mind that our involvement in this project is limited to merch production and fulfillment for Comcept. While we’re happy to answer questions sent to our orders@fangamer.com customer support email address, we are not involved with providing updates or PR for this project; that is Comcept’s responsibility.

The Mighty No. 9 shirts, plushies, and boss posters were shipped off in 2015. If you were eligible for but haven’t received these items, please contact orders@fangamer.com for support.

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/4854?page=2

The artbook and strategy guide are done, we have the digital versions, how hard can it be to send Fangamer the necessary assets to produce the other stuff?. The game was released 6 months ago....
Fat4all
(01-07-2017, 11:19 AM)
I feel kinda bad for Fangamer, I'm sure they've been getting a lot of shit for this mess.
Minions
(01-07-2017, 11:20 AM)
Agreed. None of this is on Fangamer. They are legit. <3 Mother 3/EB Handbooks :)
Movalpolos
Banned
(01-07-2017, 11:21 AM)
Yeah I'm in that $250 tier.
KillScottKill
(01-07-2017, 11:21 AM)
What a surprise that Comcept is at fault here. And of course, the 3DS and Vita versions still aren't out, so backers that chose those platforms still have Comcept and Fangamer on the hook for those codes.
HotHamBoy
(01-07-2017, 11:22 AM)
This is fucking ridiculous. I didn't even back or play the game and I'm pissed. This is some scummy shit, Comcept.

The fiasco that keeps on giving.
Fat4all
(01-07-2017, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Minions

Agreed. None of this is on Fangamer. They are legit. <3 Mother 3/EB Handbooks :)

Their Undertale merch is top notch as well.
chrono01
(01-07-2017, 11:23 AM)
Unbelievable.

What about the signed sketches? Those have (apparently) been completed for over a year, judging from the video released of Inafune signing them. What, have they just been sitting in the offices for this long? Used to start a fire to keep the employees warm?

I'm still missing out on so many physical items and, while I don't even care about the game one way or another, I want what I'm owed. Simple as that.
Muchi Muchi Pink
(01-07-2017, 11:24 AM)
"Capcom is so trash, Inafune will save us now" Sorry for anyone who thought $250 was worth it.
chrono01
(01-07-2017, 11:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Muchi Muchi Pink

"Capcom is so trash, Inafune will save us now" Sorry for anyone who thought $250 was worth it.

I spent even more than that. I won't say how much, but needless to say I'm ashamed of my past deeds.
rockman zx
(01-07-2017, 11:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Movalpolos

Same here, the worst thing is I don't care anymore and I enjoyed the game. At least I have the plushie, lol
-shadow-
(01-07-2017, 11:27 AM)
Crazy to think what a 180 everything has become from announcement to today. What a mess...
chrono01
(01-07-2017, 11:29 AM)

Originally Posted by -shadow-

Crazy to think what a 180 everything has become from announcement to today. What a mess...

At this point, my money would have been better spent on a private live-stream of a snowman slowly melting as the season transitions from winter into spring. I would have gotten more value/enjoyment out of that.
ShockingAlberto
(01-07-2017, 11:30 AM)
Inafune don't care.
chrono01
(01-07-2017, 11:31 AM)

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

Inafune don't care.

/insertInafunelaughing.gif here
Holundrian
(01-07-2017, 11:34 AM)
The only regret I have is not pledging for Shovel Knight instead. I feel like even if a only an 8th of us MN9 backers went for SK instead we could have gotten a few more playable knights and tinker knight being possibly among them. Regret of things that will never be.
Skeletos311
(01-07-2017, 11:35 AM)
I don't even care anymore. They can keep that shit.
Alphahawk
World's #1 Rob Thomas Fan!
Attended over 315 Matchbox 20 concerts

When she says baby, I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes. Says the rain's gonna wash away, I believe it!

GREATEST SINGER EVER
(01-07-2017, 11:37 AM)
In hindsight it's pretty clear that Comcept, more specifically Inafune, had a very poor grasp of crowdfunding from the beginning. On Double Fine's Youtube page you can look at some of the behind the scenes stuff on Psychonauts and a lot of it is Tim Schafer planning on the in's and outs of the crowdfunding mechanics. To the point where I think it'd be fair to say that he worked almost as hard on that as he did the actual game. On the other hand, Inafume seems to of just believed it was a free money source.
rootbeerafloat
(01-07-2017, 11:39 AM)
I don't even want this shit anymore since it'll just show up in the mail randomly and remind me of a what a sucker I've been.
Net
(01-07-2017, 11:39 AM)
Where's the Kamiya tweet.
chrono01
(01-07-2017, 11:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Net

We're waiting on the assets from Comcept.
Hydrogen Bluebird
(01-07-2017, 11:56 AM)
Shit like this is why I will never ever back a Kickstarter.
Corleth the Fey
(01-07-2017, 12:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrogen Bluebird

There have been a myriad of successful and wonderful Kickstarters. Your loss I guess. Congrats on being the boar who got their 'I never Kickstart anything' dull post in this thread though.
aitakute
(01-07-2017, 12:04 PM)
What happened to 3ds and Vita versions?
khaaan
(01-07-2017, 12:08 PM)
I can't even remember what physical merch I backed for. Doesn't really matter though, I'm pretty much over the game. Though I'm upset the game didn't live up to expectations I've accepted how it played out because i went in full well knowing that it's never a guaranteed thing no matter who is at the helm.

I'm also one of the suckers that backed Red Ash.
DrunkShogun
(01-07-2017, 12:09 PM)
Comcept really needs to sort themselves out because they're burning a lot of bridges with their most faithful supporters. I didn't back Teri games but known people who did and have now sworn off ever getting a comcept product.
Spiral Insanity
Banned
(01-07-2017, 12:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Fat4all

I feel kinda bad for Fangamer, I'm sure they've been getting a lot of shit for this mess.

Yeah, and they are nothing but professional and well organized. At least as I know them. (Their Mother 3 things were incredible many years ago.)
BassForever
(01-07-2017, 12:17 PM)

Originally Posted by aitakute

What happened to 3ds and Vita versions?

They're never coming
Fat4all
(01-07-2017, 12:19 PM)
They really shouldn't of promised the game on so many different platforms.

Wasn't it like 9 or 10 different ones by the end of the campaign? Fucking nuts.
ElectricBlanketFire
Banned
(01-07-2017, 12:19 PM)

Your loss. This is not a typical case.
Spiral Insanity
Banned
(01-07-2017, 12:21 PM)

This is not a KS problem, it is a Inafune/Comcept problem.
Cow Mengde
Banned
(01-07-2017, 12:26 PM)
This project is one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. I didn't even have to pay money, and got quite a bit of fun just watching at the sidelines.
CecilRousso
(01-07-2017, 12:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Spiral Insanity

This is not a KS problem, it is a Inafune/Comcept problem.

Well, to be fair, every crowdfunding campaign comes with a certain risk, and if a person is not comfortable with that, he/she should not put money towards it. And especially not to higher levels with promised physical rewards.

This is perhaps not a typical case, but it has happened several times before. I read about the Carmageddon campaign some months ago, where according to comments on the projet page, the devs had not shipped physical rewards, DRM free versions or Mac versions, and had stopped responding to requests about it.
Trike
(01-07-2017, 12:38 PM)
Yeah I emailed Comcept awhile back and was given the estimate of Fall 2016. That didn't happen.
FantasticMrSnake
(01-07-2017, 01:01 PM)
I'm not surprised at all.

Originally Posted by Alphahawk

...On the other hand, Inafume seems to of just believed it was a free money source.

Legally speaking, it's free money =(.., at least we learned not to trust Inafune ever again, but this left me with a shitty sensation about kickstarter, I think I never got a product on time, and still waiting for other 2.. (but, that's a discussion for another thread)
Holundrian
(01-07-2017, 01:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Trike

Yeah I emailed Comcept awhile back and was given the estimate of Fall 2016. That didn't happen.

I'm amazed you got an answer. I never got mine when I inquired about my gunvolt code that were sent out as a sign of goodwill for the delays.
killatopak
(01-07-2017, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Movalpolos

Rip
S1kkZ
(01-07-2017, 01:09 PM)
spent 150,- on this. i dont even care anymore, that money is gone. if i ever receive my stuff, i would give it away or try to sell it (lol).
outunderthestars
Banned
(01-07-2017, 01:12 PM)
Love Fangamer and don't hold them responsible in any way.
Shengar
(01-07-2017, 01:16 PM)
That conman Inafune.
Beartruck
(01-07-2017, 01:21 PM)
Its pretty obvious at this point that the 3ds and vita versions are never coming out and they've decided to just cut and run with the money. I'm never touching anything by Inafune ever again.
Sir_Crocodile
(01-07-2017, 01:22 PM)
Yeah, this was obvious. Fangamer are a fantastic company, I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years.
Rymuth
(01-07-2017, 01:23 PM)
I'll never get my NES cartridge. I've made peace with that
Zalman
(01-07-2017, 01:24 PM)
No one will trust Inafune again. His reputation is done.
@MUWANdo
Banned
(01-07-2017, 01:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Beartruck

Its pretty obvious at this point that the 3ds and vita versions are never coming out and they've decided to just cut and run with the money. I'm never touching anything by Inafune ever again.

They spent the money making the versions of the game (and the physical rewards) that presently exist, they're not just sitting on a pile of cash.
13ruce
Banned
(01-07-2017, 01:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Zalman

No one will trust Inafune again. His reputation is done.

He had a few good games like Soul Sacrifice for example but yeah not gonna buy his games ever again.

It's pretty sad tbh how this all turned out and peoole still not having their stuff after so long.
Beartruck
(01-07-2017, 01:42 PM)

Originally Posted by @MUWANdo

They spent the money making the versions of the game (and the physical rewards) that presently exist, they're not just sitting on a pile of cash.

How do we know? They won't talk to anybody and the game looks and feels like it was made in Unity for 10 bucks.
Goose_Se7en
Banned
(01-07-2017, 02:01 PM)
Where is the Vita version?
Melkezadek
(01-07-2017, 02:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Goose_Se7en

Where is the Vita version?

My question.

This has all been very disappointing. The lack of communication is infuriating.
Stone Ocean
(01-07-2017, 02:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Net

Inafune ain't worth the title of businessman anymore.