• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

vivekTO
(01-09-2017, 04:00 PM)
4Chan Rumor , Ending of the Game leaked as per someone who done the mock review of the game, Spoilers Ahead , Proceed Cautiously.

The story twist is that this is the second cycle in this world. The main character, Aloy, discovers by visiting the Ancient Ruins of civilization at the end of the game that the 'humans' you see walking around, including you, are simply bio-machines from the first cycle that used biomatter to replicate, like humans reproduce. Humanity has been gone EVEN LONGER than we, the players, think at first. The corruption is never fully explained, it's just established that it's from an unknown source within the ruins, but there's a hint it might have more importance in a sequel. The ending has Aloy basically choose between wiping out the robots or the bio-machines, since the robots were initially programmed by the original humans to wipe out the living creatures the bio-machines that yearned to live like humans hundreds of thousands of years ago feed off.

Zero Dawn is the name of the software found in a huge building in the Ancient Ruins that can shut off the beings roaming the world or your own race

I think this leak happens to be at the right time,as recently Mock reviews was completed, as suggested by Shinobi. What are your thoughts on the Speculated ending ? keep in mind these are 4Chan Rumours!!

Personally I like the Matrix vibe from the story and really interested in , how the GG will handle the execution.

Some Melee actions as well!!

More action in the Video Sourced

Some Gameplay and World Details Too for those who want to know more without spoiling the Ending , But i am still keeping this in spoilers.

Game takes 20 hours to complete, around 45 hours to 100%, difficulty level Zero Dawn unlocked upon completion, makes every robot creature corrupted, with a few different AI moves and loot

No story DLC planned, but an arena mode will come in Q2-Q3 2017

You can override pretty much any creature in the game. The flying creature will actually let you fly around the map, which is pretty cool. It's one of the last things you learn in the game

The world is huge. It's Witcher 3's Velen huge, with no oceans as a cheat to increase size. Desert, Tropical forest, hills, ancient ruins, snow mountains are the 'biomes'. Feels like a very traditional RPG, which is surprising to see coming from Guerrilla

Close the Thread if rumours are not allowed. Peace!
Last edited by vivekTO; 01-10-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Changed to mirror
CHC
(01-09-2017, 04:03 PM)
Eh I read it. I believe it, it sounds like a typical video game ending. Leaving room for a sequel also sounds very believable, no game can bring itself to just wrap it up anymore - always got to leave things open for more more more.

I guess it could be kind of a cool twist but judging from the previews, writing is not the strong suit of this game at all.
Neoleo2143
(01-09-2017, 04:04 PM)
interesting twist on they're all robots trope. Definitely super Sci-fi. Though why would humanity want to use robots to wipe out life? I don't get that. Also that ending choice doesn't sound great for sequels.
MartyStu
(01-09-2017, 04:04 PM)
Pretty 'meh' as far as endings go. But could be fun depending on how GG does about it.
mf.luder
(01-09-2017, 04:05 PM)
Let me guess. Story that ends on a cliffhanger and requires 2 more games to figure out?
GravityInsanity
(01-09-2017, 04:05 PM)
This really needs to be closed if it is true. I haven't looked yet and won't.
Memento
(01-09-2017, 04:06 PM)
Dat melee

Edit: also NOPE, wont read
HStallion
Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Originally Posted by CHC

Eh I read it. I believe it, it sounds like a typical video game ending. Leaving room for a sequel also sounds very believable, no game can bring itself to just wrap it up anymore - always got to leave things open for more more more.

I guess it could be kind of a cool twist but judging from the previews, writing is not the strong suit of this game at all.

Except all those games that do wrap up their endings.

The melee looks decent enough as well.
Triggerhappytel
That second melee gif; I'm not a fan of how she seems to slide 8 feet to the enemy before attacking. Other than that it's all looking pretty good. Not reading the spoilers though.
ironcreed
Banned
Sounds like it is probably real. I would not be surprised.
CHC
(01-09-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by HStallion

Except all those games that do wrap up their endings.

I know there are plenty, I'm just being cynical. Open endings are pretty typical in AAA games, though.
brickarts295
Haven't read it but it's an open world game and a new IP. So yeah I can safely predict is not going bring the house down and it's sequel time (if the game does well).
DecoReturns
For some reason that Rod thats shes using Reminds me of that Rod in Star Fox Adventures.
EmCeeGramr
the mechanical life vein
[clicks thread]

oh what, is the twist going to be that man was the real robot dinosaur all along?

[reads]

oh my god
∀ Narayan
the carnival of stupid
(01-09-2017, 04:08 PM)
I read it. Makes you wonder... if humans have been gone for a lot longer than originally thought, what happened to them in the first place?

Originally Posted by ironcreed

Sounds like it is probably real. I would not be surprised.

After all the Final Fantasy XV leaks, I wouldn't be surprised either.
vivekTO
(01-09-2017, 04:09 PM)

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

[clicks thread]

oh what, is the twist going to be that man was the real robot dinosaur all along?

[reads]

oh my god

Fireblend
No Member
If there's gonna be a sequel sounds like it'd be pretty different game regardless of which of the choices is canon, which is actually kinda obvious.
Complicated
That certainly seems like the ending to a video game story.
Twookie
after that FFXV 4chan leak ended up being real I wouldn't be surprised if this was real too

sounds alright
Tambini
Damn I actually called that girl is robot to a friend
CHC

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

[clicks thread]

[reads]

oh my god

Even if you didn't manage to call that, I think we can all agree that the overly convenient "off switch" choice is the ending we all knew was going to cap this one off.
orthodoxy1095
Banned
(01-09-2017, 04:10 PM)
Why do you have to make the choice? And why would you choose to shut yourself down? And why would you include a "choice" based ending like that with a sequel baited ending? Bleugh.
Last edited by orthodoxy1095; 01-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Alienous
That's pretty cool, actually. Not sure how they'd make a sequel based on those choices for the ending. Isn't this supposed to be the first part in Aloy's story - i.e. there should be a sequel.
black070
Banned
Well shit, spoilers over a month before release - I hope no one lets it slip between now and then.
ironcreed
Banned

Originally Posted by mf.luder

Let me guess. Story that ends on a cliffhanger and requires 2 more games to figure out?

BreezyLimbo
(01-09-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by ∀ Narayan

I read it. Makes you wonder... if humans have been gone for a lot longer than originally thought, what happened to them in the first place?

After all the Final Fantasy XV leaks, I wouldn't be surprised either.

the robohumans wiped out the original humansm

And I mean her name is freaking Alloy.
Last edited by BreezyLimbo; 01-09-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Guymelef

Originally Posted by Twookie

after that FFXV 4chan leak ended up being real I wouldn't be surprised if this was real too

sounds alright

FF XV leak puts 4chan score at something like 1-98456
bonchooski
that foliage is turning me on
GravityInsanity
orthodoxy1095

:(
Santerestil
(01-09-2017, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by vivekTO

Zero Dawn is the name of the software found in a huge building in the Ancient Ruins that can shut off the beings roaming the world or your own race

I hope it's fake, it seems too stupid.
Why the hell you should wipe your own race? You are basically Human 2.0 and inheritated Earth from them: just wipe all the robo-saurs and use their robo-corpse to rebuild civilization!
Triggerhappytel

Originally Posted by DecoReturns

For some reason that Rod thats shes using Reminds me of that Rod in Star Fox Adventures.

You mean her spear?!
Don.Abbade

Originally Posted by Guymelef

FF XV puts 4chan leak score at 1-98456

Yeah. But this sounds real to me. Maybe 2-98456 in feb
Glass Rebel
(01-09-2017, 04:13 PM)
EVEN MORE?! 😱😱😱
What did he mean by this?
How do you not know your a goddamn robot?
ironcreed
Banned
I think it is going to look incredible and be fun to play, but the story will not be the strong suit and many will be unhappy with the ending. Provided this is accurate, of course.
SomedayTheFire
Sounds real.

Originally Posted by What did he mean by this?

How do you not know your a goddamn robot?

That's uh kind of the basis of pretty much all robot stories
Catvoca
(01-09-2017, 04:14 PM)
I probably shouldn't have read this, that sounds like it could be a cool twist, or at least dumb in a fun way.
Twookie

tru tru, most likely it's not real, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was, u feel me
CHC

Originally Posted by Santerestil

I hope it's fake, it seems too stupid.
Why the hell you should wipe your own race? You are basically Human 2.0 and inheritated Earth from them: just wipe all the robo-saurs and use their robo-corpse to rebuild civilization!

Protagonist is probably some half-human chosen one or something. Either that or you finally are convinced of the ----majestic beauty---- of the creatures you've been hunting the whole time!
AzerPhire
How come No third choice to just leave things as they are? Why does it have to be one or the other? Hopefully that gets explained.
RealityPales
(01-09-2017, 04:15 PM)
Oops. Had no idea review copies were out there this early.
Maintenance

You wish, they had more correct leaks than GAF.
DecoReturns

Originally Posted by Triggerhappytel

You mean her spear?!

Its a spear? I'm using my cheap phone to watch the gifs. Thee quality is blurry, its mostly the blue light that reminds me of Star Fox
Calm Mind
Banned
hahahahahahaha
Zemm

Originally Posted by Tambini

It's very cliché. I think most people will see the ending coming a mile off.
Finale Fireworker
I loooooove the look of this combat. Looks very heavy and impactful. I'm all over it.

Not reading the spoilers, though.
NEO0MJ

Originally Posted by Tambini

To be fair it was a rather predictable call so don't pat yourself on the back for it :p

Originally Posted by orthodoxy1095

Why do you have to make the choice? And why would you choose to shut yourself down? And why would you include a "choice" based ending like that with a sequel baited ending? Bleugh.

Maybe it will make more sense after playing the game? Because yeah that's a strange choice.
And while it does seem stupid to include a choice in a game with a sequel hook, everyone's doing it so meh.
FelipeMGM
(01-09-2017, 04:16 PM)
Oh fuck, came for the Gifs and read something I really didnt want to. Spoiler tag your shit people

And the worst part is that that footage is not even new

Originally Posted by RealityPales

Oops. Had no idea review copies were out there this early.

they are not, this are from mock reviews. Not media reviews
vivekTO
Everything is WestWorld :)

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

Oh fuck, came for the Gifs and read something I really didnt want to. Spoiler tag your shit people

And the worst part is that that footage is not even new

I spoiler tagged all the info , also i am pretty sure the melee gifs are new , trust me , i am all over the horizon.
His Majesty

Originally Posted by AzerPhire

How come No third choice to just leave things as they are? Why does it have to be one or the other? Hopefully that gets explained.

3rd choice will be merge robots and bio-machines