• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SteveO409
Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
(01-09-2017, 06:49 PM)
Mod Abuse Edit:
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya

As you may have already heard, Scalebound has unfortunately been canceled. I'm very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this game.

Sorry to bring you such bad news at the start of the year. All I can do for you is to promise to keep delivering fun games.

I'll work extra hard to never have to let you down like this again, so I hope you will keep watching over us in the future too.

Thanx for your lots of messages!!

And...I took time off for my mental health? ...Me!?

No way.

https://www.platinumgames.com/offici...g/article/9223

Regarding the Cancellation of Scalebound
We’re sorry to say that on January 9, 2017, Microsoft Studios announced the cancellation of Scalebound. We are very disappointed things ended up this way, especially since we know many of our fans were looking forward to this game as much as we were.

Going forward, we will strive to continue delivering high-quality games to you, starting with NieR:Automata in March, and including products like GRANBLUE FANTASY Project Re:Link and LOST ORDER in the future.

We will keep working hard to meet your expectations and we look forward to your continued support!

President and CEO
Kenichi Sato

Microsoft:

Kotaku's initial report:

Scalebound, the much-hyped Platinum-developed action game that was previously scheduled for Xbox One and PC, is in trouble and may be cancelled, according to several sources.

We expect the official announcement shortly. When reached by Kotaku today, Microsoft sent over a brief statement: “We’ll have more to share on ‘Scalebound’ soon.”

We hadn’t heard or seen anything of Scalebound in recent months, and it was curiously missing from an Xbox Wire post last week that talked about the future of Xbox One. Microsoft has also removed the official Scalebound page from the Xbox website.

Just in from kotaku!

http://kotaku.com/rumors-swirl-that-...ble-1790986886

Eurogamer's report:

Multiple sources have confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft and developer Platinum Games have parted ways on the project, and that work concluded before the end of 2016...

Scalebound was last seen in public back at Gamescom 2016 in August. Since then, the relationship between Microsoft and Osaka-based developer Platinum Games dramatically soured.

Work on the game took a serious knock last autumn, Eurogamer sources say, when several senior members of the development team were forced to take a month away from the pressure of the project's heavy workload.

These project members then returned, but Scalebound was now behind schedule. With continuing issues surrounding the game's engine and overdue deadlines, the decision was made that the project could no longer continue.

It's unclear whether Scalebound could still be revived by Platinum, but as we understand it, work on the project as we know it has now concluded. Eurogamer has asked Microsoft for comment...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lopment-ceased
Last edited by duckroll; 01-11-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Hollywood Duo
(01-09-2017, 06:49 PM)
wrong forum
MetroidPrimeRib
(01-09-2017, 06:50 PM)

Scalebound, the much-hyped Platinum-developed action game that was previously scheduled for Xbox One and PC, is in trouble and may be cancelled, according to several sources.

We expect the official announcement shortly. When reached by Kotaku today, Microsoft sent over a brief statement: “We’ll have more to share on ‘Scalebound’ soon.”

From what we hear, Scalebound, an ambitious game directed by iconic Twitter blocker and Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya, had been in development trouble for a long time. Microsoft first announced the game nearly three years ago, during the Xbox press conference at E3 2014.

We hadn’t heard or seen anything of Scalebound in recent months, and it was curiously missing from an Xbox Wire post last week that talked about the future of Xbox One. Microsoft has also removed the official Scalebound page from the Xbox website.

block my twitter if old
JimJamJones
Not looking good.

From what we hear, Scalebound, an ambitious game directed by iconic Twitter blocker and Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya, had been in development trouble for a long time. Microsoft first announced the game nearly three years ago, during the Xbox press conference at E3 2014.

Theorry

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think thats gaming related...lol.
sphagnum
Fucking Trump.
LiK
That sucks.
BY2K
Banned
Press Sneak Fuck! *shake fist*
LordKano
Banned

cb1115
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Skilletor
Has looked awful whenever they showed it.
PeskyToaster

Originally Posted by Hollywood Duo

wrong forum

gotta soften the blow for gaming side. let the cooler heads of OT parse it over first.
Obliterator
cousin investments
Oh wow, that's pretty damn crazy. Had to be decently far into development at this point as well.
OrbitalBeard
Oh Christ, please don't be true.
icespide
Banned
sucks but not surprising. game never looked good when they showed it
purseowner
Salebound or Scalebinned?
Cipher Peon
Nooooooooooo :c
The game looks AMAZING and by far the coolest thing Platinum has ever done imo

I don't want it to die ;;
GTSweet
Well SHIT.
Flandy
Rip
SteveO409
Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Oops my bad. close this mods lol
valkillmore
Don't worry they'll replace it with something much better, and cheaper!
Schlorgan
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332177

Somebody else made the same thread but in Off Topic, so they'll probably just lock that one and keep yours.

Edit: Never mind, there are like four threads now.
jchap
(01-09-2017, 06:51 PM)
Time for Nintendo moneyhat?
bananafactory
Can't say I'm shocked. The showings for it were pretty bad and it has seemed absurdly quiet considering how long ago it was announced.
TissueBox
Cancellationbound...
TheLostBigBoss
Banned
Yikes, thats a bummer if true
Boards of Canada
The fact that there's been radio silence for so long is pretty telling. Maybe MS is dropping it and someone else is picking it up?
Hesemonni
Kamiya too busy on Twitter?
Kinyou

Microsoft has also removed the official Scalebound page from the Xbox website.

Oho

Would be disappointing to just completely cancel it
LotusHD
Well, at least we have Nier. We'll just have to settle...
Lulzwagon
Things like this are why I drink.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
I kind of wouldn't be surprised, given the way this game seems to have progressed... but man would it suck. The world needs more of Kamiya's games.
Veritigo_X
There's like 6 threads on this on the gaming side so one overflowed over here.
DNAbro
Damn that sucks.
Death Metalist
Man, that sucks if true. I'm looking forward to the game.
norm9
I thought it was ReCore, but Scalebound looks pretty cool.

ETA- It's gonna show up on the Switch. Nintendo saving the day once again.
Realeza
Wouldn't be surprised. The game looked like a tech demo more than anything. And not a very good one at that.
Rellik
I'm not surprised.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
How does this affect Snyderverse?
Nyoro SF
Doesn't surprise me. Every public showing of the game seems to drive home that they don't have a strong focused vision for what the game should be. And the main character was a very uninspiring one too, which is not good if you want it to be a character-driven narrative (if that's what they wanted, seriously... I couldn't even tell).
wanders
😦😦😦
kai3345
2017's first victim
Altered Juice
Scalebounced!

nah
Dinda
Wrong forum, but i'm not that suprised after what we have seen till now, even thought they have to be so far already, it would be crazy to cancel it.
Relaxed Muscle
FFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Maybe it was too ambitious for PG and Kamiya.
OrbitalBeard
Oh please no. Kamiya!!!!!!!
Two Words
It looked pretty rough in all of its demo showings.
nemisis0
Ah man this was one of the games I wanted aswell so bad :(
Slate Soda
Scalebound looked in trouble since its debut.