• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor season pass leaked, works like Rainbow Six, Ninja and Centurion coming

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Via: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5n8ye3/season_pass_info_on_store_page/

This was on the Ubisoft store and then later taken down.

This basically is the Rainbow Six model where the new content is free, but you can get them early/without in-game credits, along with a variety of vanity stuff, one week early access, that kind of thing.

To note, the other four characters pictured are just existing characters standing in as placeholders, since they're presumably not ready to unveil the other four characters for the first season pass.

h8RMYY1.png

O41OhoL.png

CryptiK

So all maps and heroes free (via grind?) Good. If DLC needs to be a thing this is the way to do it. Devs and Pubs need to stop segregating the community.

Fuck, this game has loot boxes? I'm still buying this on day one, but man.

The rest of it seems fine though, being allowed to get all gameplay content for free is the best way to go

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Expect more and more games to have them going forward - they seem to be a much more reliable source of post-launch money for devs/pubs than traditional season passes.

They also, most importantly, help retain engagement, since people like getting loot crates, whereas season pass barriers can cause them to leave.

Expect more and more games to have them going forward - they seem to be a much more reliable source of post-launch money for devs/pubs than traditional season passes.

Yeah, it's just extra irritating when they're trying to sell you a season pass at the same time, like in this case.

Simo

Definitely seems to follow all of R6's model when you look at it more. The Champion Status buff is the same as R6's boosts where you get bonus xp and in game currency and the more players on your team with the status, the more xp and currency you get.

Anno

Seems fair as these things go. R6 people generally seem happy from my interactions with them, though I guess in the end it comes down to if the game itself is as good.

Auctopus

Pretty sure Siege doesn't have loot boxes. I'm assuming that's because this game has far more customisation options than Siege.

I think I might get the gold edition just so I can have New warriors to use sooner rather than later. I just can't decide which version, PC or PS4? Which will likely have the bigger player base?

Simo

Pretty sure Siege doesn't have loot boxes. I'm assuming that's because this game has far more customisation options than Siege.

Yeah, in the alpha you could could customize every part of your warrior including their weapon from the blade, hilt and handle. Then there's the emotes, executions, emblems, war paint etc you could acquire.

Does this mean the game is also doing the Siege thing where you buy the game but don't even have the basic characters unlocked from the start?

That standard edition looking really appealing there, it's like when you download the free version of some software on your PC and you're expressly made aware that you're getting the shittiest version.

atr0cious

Does this mean the game is also doing the Siege thing where you buy the game but don't even have the basic characters unlocked from the start?
In for honor, all the characters are playable from the start, but you must spend steel, in game currency, to unlock them to customize their appearance and skills.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Am I correct when I say that it appears that there will be no single player add on content? If so, great for me. :)

Archpath1

Well yeah, you get one with the faction you choose, then with more scraps you can either upgrade your first guy or unlock and try the others

So I can actually get this stuff by playing? Never played Siege.

Been playing Siege since the free weekend on Xb1. Bought the standard edition and have unlocked every playable character including the newest two that just recently released a few months ago. Plus ive been able to buy several vanity items with ingame currency earned from just playing. If For Honors is anything like Siege, the majority of content should be unlockable by just playing the game.

Top Bottom