• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PSP Viral Marketrs caught REd-handed

Blame!

:lol :lol :lol

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/a...ny_viral_marketing_ploy_angers_consumers.html

go SA.COM!

Gamers across Web 2.0 are shaking angry fists at the latest alleged viral marketing campaign orchestrated by Sony. Piggybacking the YouTube bonanza, the company has hired "consumer activation" firm Zipatoni to create a false video-and-blogging approach to generate interest in their flagging PlayStation Portable handheld machine. The video/blog/ads featured people portending to be authentic PSP fans creating messages of love/want for the console, but were quickly uncovered by SomethingAwful.com's dedicated base as superficial facades shielding mouthpieces for the corporation.

if odl pls lock

Luckett_X

Banned
I sure would prefer a price drop so I'd buy one instead of paying you-tube bums to tell me how much they love greenday and the psp while deciding which eye their floppy black hair should obscure today.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
AniHawk said:
Sony's just doing splendidly with marketing and public relations lately.
Seriously. I've always praised Sony's PR, there was a time when it was like if they could poop solid bricks of gold, but now... holy crap.

Forsete

Funky Papa said:
Seriously. I've always praised Sony's PR, there was a time when it was like if they could poop solid bricks of gold, but now... holy crap.

SCEA was never good IMO.. SCEE OTOH. :)

Luckett_X

Banned
Oh geez, I rescind my stereotypical emo bash, this is even worse.

I see they weren't quite up to the challenge of tackling a 600 dollar bill with crabs and ridge racer cars on.

Chichikov

bigfatgameguy said:
Microsoft does the same thing. Whats the problem?
I guess the problem that this shit is wrong.
if you abandoned for a second the retarded "my team vs. your team" approach to the so called console wars, I’m sure you’ll be able to see it too.
At least I hope so.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
all i want for christmas is a psp
its got no games but that dont bother me
ive just gotta buy it cause its made by sony
made by sony made by sony

Tieno

i (charlie) have a psp. my friend jeremy does not. but he wants one this year for xmas.

so we started clowning with sum not-so-subtle hints to j's parents that a psp would be teh perfect gift. we created this site to spread the luv to those like j who want a psp!

consider us your own personal psp hype machine, here to help you wage a holiday assault on ur parents, girl, granny, boss – whoever – so they know what you really want.

we'll let you know how it works for us. pls return the favor.

more to come,
c&j.
holiday hitz volume 2

our boy Cousin Pete 'rapped up these crazy beatz and rhymes & put them under our tree! much luv and thx, pete.

I'm so sorry :(
http://www.alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/

Forsete

Funky Papa said:
SCEE is also doing one hell of a job trolling themselves. It is mental.

Sorry, I thought of marketing, I now noticed you wrote PR. Yeah, "Yurop dun mind waiting" FTL.

I think the mods should allow one of us to have a second user name on GAF, and we should post here for a few months to rack up some posting history, then sign that name up as a viral marketeer with one of these businesses. And that user will have to play along with whatever they ask him to do (and do a good job at it), but everyone on GAF will know it's BS, and have a good laugh.

Mifune

Mehmber
The problem with this isn't with the fact that it's done (who doesn't use viral marketing?) but that it's so unconscionably AWFUL. The fact that Sony apparently thinks people will see these idiots as cool just makes me wonder if they even know who their audience is anymore.

Flo_Evans

:lol I want to comment but I probably shouldn't

next time I have drinks with the former owner of zipatoni I am gonna bring this up :lol :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't know what I'm more pissed at. The fact that Sony's viral marketrs thought this was a good idea or that they got a wack white dude (no racist) to rap about the PSP. :lol

Hell if you are going to rap about the PSP they should have went to a block in one of the NY burroughs a ask a guy if he could freestyle about the PSP for about 16 bars. Hell give dude $100.

At least do it and be authentic about it.

Nozi

Banned
http://alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/

truly embarrassing.. read the bios of the 'creators'

paper_psp.jpg

Top Bottom