• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: '2017 won't be Halo FPS/Gears led'

SOR5

In contrast to a thread I previously made, this particular statement has made me cautiously optimistic, just a bit more.

yep its a tweet

Dadk7VI.jpg

Right now the MS software lineup is looking minimal, with Halo Wars 2 headlining the early part of the year, does this mean way more in the pipeline for E3 2017 and the holidays?
I guarantee forzas turning up again

Also bonus round:

Wozzer

"Halo and Gears of War sequels confirmed cancelled, continuing the trend of 2016 for Microsoft." - Phil Spencer

Tagg9

That seems... odd. Maybe Halo 6 is taking longer than expected and won't release this year?

I can't imagine Sea of Thieves or Crackdown 3 "leading" Microsoft's lineup.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
That seems... odd. Maybe Halo 6 is taking longer than expected and won't release this year?

I can't imagine Sea of Thieves or Crackdown 3 "leading" Microsoft's lineup.
Crackdown is going to be their Scorpio showcase.

Lucreto

It will be Forza lead then. :p

It's about time they try something new but will it sell as Gears and Halo are their biggest titles and bundling the series with Scorpio would have been a mint.

GHG

I think they will make a big push with Sea of Theives and there will inevitably be another Forza. Other than that, who knows. I'm still not convinced Crackdown will make it for this year.

Taking a break from Gears/Halo mainstream games could do them good provided there are other things to fill the gaps. I just wish they would move to a 3 year cycle for the mainline Forza games so that we can see a more significant jump between each title and give turn 10 some room to be a bit more experimental.

SOR5

I mean I might be looking to much into that PD tweet but does

'We want you playing before E3'

Come across as a bit too specific? Or just a general guideline for gamers? Eh

LewieP

Crackdown is going to be their Scorpio showcase.

Why would Crackdown need upgraded hardware, I thought it already had access to 20 times the power of an Xbox One because of the power of the cloud?

Edit: I wonder if Below will finally resurface.

I'm the only one geeked for a new MechAssault? I know it's probably not soon, but it's coming it seems.

Now gimme a Crimson Skies with a killer campaign in 4k.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is Crackdown supposed to be a big franchise? I honestly don't even remember the last game.

It never has been a big franchise, but MS are clearly positioning it as one of their tentpoles for this year.

Crackdown 3/Sea of Theives/Forza 7

All backed up by the Scorpio launch

GHG

I mean I might be looking to much into that PD tweet but does

'We want you playing before E3'

Come across as a bit too specific? Or just a general guideline for gamers? Eh

There might be a beta or demo of some sort. If the full release was going to be before e3 I'm sure it would have been announced by now.

I think they will make a big push with Sea of Theives and there will inevitably be another Forza. Other than that, who knows. I'm still not convinced Crackdown will make it for this year.

Taking a break from Gears/Halo mainstream games could do them good provided there are other things to fill the gaps. I just wish they would move to a 3 year cycle for the mainline Forza games so that we can see a more significant jump between each title and give turn 10 some room to be a bit more experimental.

I agree with you on Forza. 3 years would allow for more time to miss it and build hype for a new one.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
major marketing pushes behind Crackdown/Sea of Thieves and Forza in addition to 100% guaranteed critical acclaim games like cuphead, state of decay 2 and Phantom Dust shows MS can have a capable year if they market them properly

This software will be supplemented by all being run in 4K through Scorpio

opricnik

Banned
major marketing pushes behind Crackdown/Sea of Thieves and Forza in addition to 100% guaranteed critical acclaim games like cuphead, state of decay 2 and Phantom Dust shows MS can have a capable year if they market them properly
Phantom dust is remaster not brand new game , how could they market that much even remaster of xbox1 game

I forgot about State of Decay 2, that title has the biggest potential to become a huge franchise. I loved the first one and thought it was one of the best zombie games ever. State of Decay's gameplay + Telltalr TWD calibre story = ultimate zombie title.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Yo that should never be said.

Tagg9

That would actually be really great plan. I forgot about Phantom Dust.

Cyborg

He is doing damage control. The only reason he is doing this is the heat Xbox is getting for cancelling Scalebound and lack of (variaty) games. PR bullshit.

watdaeff4

Of course it won't be Halo FPS/Gears led.

Halo 6 is 2018. Gears 4 just released.

2017 is Halo RTS/Forza 7 led

Anyone expecting much more than those two and maybe SoT or Crackdown is setting themselves up for disappointment

He is doing damage control. The only reason he is doing this is the heat Xbox is getting for cancelling Scalebound and lack of (variaty) games. PR bullshit.
Absolutely. I wonder if they misjudged just a tad how much flak they've gotten over Scalebound

Top Bottom