• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege: 5 million at launch, 13 million registered now.

[notice: 1st topic, so go easy on me! Didn't find these numbers on Gaf nor on international press]

By Ubi's own Bertrand Chaverot, Latin America director, here are some Rainbow Six Siege numbers after one year:

- over 13 million registered players
-- draws comparison with CS:Go and mentions 10.6 unique CS players in December. Also with price tag difference being noted (in Brazil money, R$25 CS vs R$100 R6 PC while R$149 consoles)
-- at the end of first month there were 5 million registered players

- over 3.9 million play it weekly

- over 1.3 million play it daily, 176 thousand in Brazil

- over 600 thousand Brazilian players (that's huge given BR market)

- lots of Brazilian eSports players praising the game and its gameplay balance

Original source, in Portuguese:
https://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-no...l-rainbow-six-conquista-600-mil-jogadores.htm

Greatest MP game this gen.

However servers are still poop.

The game has a very clear skill gap and is equally amazing to see how easy you improve every game.

Miker

I'm really happy for Siege, but the engine, client, and networking backend don't seem like they were built for this kind of success and expansion. I hope they can continue to polish that stuff in year 2 in addition to new content.

cmc`

Neo Member
Ubisoft receive some deserved flak for their other games, but their support for the game, as well as the game itself, is superb.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God Damn.

Gift that keeps on giving.

I hope Titanfall 2 has similar legs. Another amazing game that deserves all the sales it can get.

joecanada

Greatest MP game this gen.

However servers are still poop.

The game has a very clear skill gap and is equally amazing to see how easy you improve every game.

Yeah unfortunately I'm very picky about servers so I had to switch to tf2 but man of R6 had decent servers I swear itd have no competition the setup and gameplay are a 10/10

DiddyBop

How do I play this game co-op with a PS4? My friend and I can never get the server to work, read about it and it seems to be a common problem?

Flux

An incredible success story.

I wonder if For Honor will have a similar trajectory.
I think it has a higher ceiling. Rainbow six carved it's way into just about the most competitive genre and grew into a huge hit over time. For honour could be unique and fresh enough to get a larger audience.

An incredible success story.

I wonder if For Honor will have a similar trajectory.

Big part will depend on the support Ubisoft gives it but that's surely the plan. Ubisoft entire business model moving forward is Games as a Service. SIEGE has managed to maintain the population / legs it has because it's constantly updated with new content and quality of life improvements.

I could see something similar happening with For Honor certainly. As long as it's good of course

sjay1994

Big part will depend on the support Ubisoft gives it but that's surely the plan. Ubisoft entire business model moving forward is Games as a Service. SIEGE has managed to maintain the population / legs it has because it's constantly updated with new content and quality of life improvements.

I could see something similar happening with For Honor certainly. As long as it's good of course

It's good, but I don't think its going to grab people like Siege did. Siege is a spin on the tactical twitch shooter, and with the mechanics it brings, it was able to find an audience as it was familiar to people, but had its own unique quirks.

For honor is different. Its a hard game to explain, and you honestly need to play it to determine if its something you would be into. Ubi at least decided to finally make an open beta for it next weekend from the streams I've seen has attracted Fighting Game players and people who are fans of Souls PVP. Not sure if that player base is sustainable and will keep growing, but we will see.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
One of the best competitive multiplayer games I've ever played. The improvements since launch and the way maps and operators are released for free should be applauded. I still keep it installed to play every few weeks or so.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really want to like this game but I suck at it

Yeah, I'm finding it far too hard to get into at this late stage. I haven't played since the beta, where most people were on an even level, but all the players I run into now strike like hawks, and seem to know the best ways to defend points.

Plus I get vote kicked every other game because I haven't played enough, so that's a fun catch 22.

nOoblet16

Game totally deserves it, the most unique MP shooter released in past few years and the matches are super dynamic.

Btw I have this game on PC, Xbox and PS4.
I always notice rubber banding on Xbox One, it pretty much shows up a few times every match..sometimes more sometimes less but have barely ever noticed it on PS4.

I'm really happy for Siege, but the engine, client, and networking backend don't seem like they were built for this kind of success and expansion. I hope they can continue to polish that stuff in year 2 in addition to new content.

Yep, the game really deserves all it's success, but good lord is it hamstrung by the infrastructure of the game itself. You can tell it's struggling under the weight of its continued upheavals in gameplay systems, mechanics and adding of content. Technologically it's a farce. As someone who plays it daily and loves it, it's depressing how often you get long matchmaking times and errors.

How do I play this game co-op with a PS4? My friend and I can never get the server to work, read about it and it seems to be a common problem?

You can invite each other from the main menu with the squadnsusten by pressing Triangle and 'Invite Player' then simply joining matchmaking when they join.

Actually it makes it good because it shows the game is doing something right to attract way more players than it did at launch.
How many games can you name that have achieved this 1+ year post launch?
Cod, but I definitely didn't like it. My point was, we are individuals and what one likes or doesnt shouldn't sway our feelings to things so much. But, that's basic business structure. Apple affect etc

I have been calling siege the best easily since beta but its still what I like.

Now, I'd like someone to take it deeper. No sprint, fast running with weight and physics in running. Harder more realistic gun control. Map specific objectives etc

Analog control with various speeds up to a full on run. Can't stop on a dime etc

Weight and drag physics for downed members. Bandage work for the injured. Lights out control with night vision goggles etc.

Piers

What the moral should be: Games can still have a positive turn around after a shakey launch and poor reception.

What it'll instead mean: more excuses for publishers to launch games earlier than they should.

A friend of mine that had the game since a while bought it again because it was cheaper to buy the complete edition than buy the 1st and 2nd season passes. Still, pretty neat game.

I'm having a lot of fun with the free weekend and since it is half off I think I'm going to pick it up. I'm a bit confused about how people unlock operators. Can you get them all with the season pass or do you still have to buy each one individually?

I'm having a lot of fun with the free weekend and since it is half off I think I'm going to pick it up. I'm a bit confused about how people unlock operators. Can you get them all with the season pass or do you still have to buy each one individually?

You can do the season pass method.

Or unlock them individually with in game credits.

None are hidden behind season passes. However new operators when launched give a 7 day head start for season pass owners.

You can do the season pass method.

Or unlock them individually with in game credits.

None are hidden behind season passes. However new operators when launched give a 7 day head start for season pass owners.

The season pass is only used to get new operators?

Ashtar

13 million registered users? I wonder if that counts free weekends?
To put it in perspective over watch has 25 million right?
I don't think bf1 or iw published there user numbers though

Top Bottom