• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New concept art surfaces from unknown and unreleased Star Wars game(s)

This art comes from concept artist Carlos Huante on his Instagram - while he doesn't outright name the projects as Star Wars, it's pretty obvious.

Game 1:

"This next stuff was done for a game that was never made"

EhhCSBJ.jpg

DKnV6Ly.jpg

AkTPZku.jpg

FSbvy3G.jpg

NbDibpZ.jpg

WLs8F66.jpg

UXByPfe.jpg

Game 2:

This and the next pieces are from another game idea that was never made

Unfortunately, he didn't share any more details.. but in the past he's divulged more to those asking about it in the comments. Carlos is an industry veteran, working on numerous films, and has been sharing art from quite a few unseen projects (he's the source of those dinosaur soldiers from the canned version of Jurassic Park 4).

I really would like to know more about these Star Wars games, and how far (if at all) they made it into development.

Boem

Doesn't look too hot frankly.

Unfortunately, he didn't share any more details.. but in the past he's divulged more to those asking about it in the comments. Carlos is an industry veteran, working on numerous films, and has been sharing art from quite a few unseen projects (he's the source of those dinosaur soldiers from the canned version of Jurassic Park 4).

I really would like to know more about these Star Wars games, and how far (if at all) they made it into development.

Was he just the source on that or did he make that art? Because that would explain a lot.

CHC

Aside from the last pic everything looks really "un-Star-Wars-y" to me. Just like generic video game stuff that could be in any Unreal Engine game with hulky space dudes.

KeKeKe_L4G

Neo Member
I dig the look of Game 1, looks like Star Wars but doesn't feel like Star Wars, you know? These stormtroopers have a neat body horror feel to them.

Was he just the source on that or did he make that art? Because that would explain a lot.

He was the artist - he was working on that JP4 project with director Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park 3), but unsurprisingly it never got much momentum and they went back to the drawing board.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I sincerely wish that a game set during the First or Second Schisms in the Jedi Order will be made. It's an much more interesting time period and allows for greater creativity and more epic battles within having to work within the confines of the movies. They have source material to draw upon if need be. I don't know why Disney didn't go this route for the movies but Lucas's and other expanded universe writers' fascination and fixation on the Skywalkers and their immediate family did nothing for the franchise imo. Art looks nice, shame that those projects were cancelled.

JDHarbs

I saw that first image and immediately thought Republic Commando 2 (Imperial Commando?) then shit just got weirder and weirder as I scrolled down.

I need this.

I saw that first image and immediately thought Republic Commando 2 (Imperial Commando?) then shit just got weirder and weirder as I scrolled down.

I need this.

Carlos Huante tends to be very experimental with his art, taking different elements to the extreme before they're defined, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was for a Republic Commando sequel.

Servbot24

Banned
I like the messed up helmets but I don't think they fit in SW universe too well

These are all over the place!!

For the leaked art belonging to no game, but i really wanted it to be , these are my favorite ones

I don't think those were leaks. They were just a guy who likes to draw doing some drawings and posting them. At least the top characters anyways, not sure about the enviros.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

For the leaked art belonging to no game, but i really wanted it to be , these are my favorite ones
Those were from Guerilla correct? I'm probably in the minority, but I wish that's what Horizon looked like D:

Luke_Wal

I thought I saw these attached to Stig's SSM game at some point, no? Fits with the idea that the game was cancelled for Destiny similarities.

vivekTO

Those were from Guerilla correct? I'm probably in the minority, but I wish that's what Horizon looked like D:

No , its not from Guerrilla , but these was posted in the Horizon leaked thread and people speculated that it might be from guerrilla. But they are totally non related.

I thought I saw these attached to Stig's SSM game at some point, no? Fits with the idea that the game was cancelled for Destiny similarities.

There are lot of speculation but these are something personnel made by an artist, But the concepts are so cool that everyone started speculating different ideas about it.

Stig's game and Guerrilla's new game(now Horizon) was one of those.

That's the Destiny I actually want

The aesthetics is vastly similar to that of destiny, a mix of medieval and futuristic present in both these and the early destiny concepts.

What is even happening here.

They are Evolving :p

Cardon

I'm really digging those. Certainly out of the box from the traditional designs but if the story was solid I would be willing to accept such radical departures.

I kinda dig some of those stormtrooper variants in a surrealist way, though my initial reaction was "no way would they make canon non-human stormtroopers due to Imperial xenophobia." Which says a lot more about where my head is at with regard to Star Wars than it does about the franchise's future.

Side note: when's that Amy Hennig/Visceral Star Wars game supposed to be out? That pre-vis stuff looked cool.

Cardon

Side note: when's that Amy Hennig/Visceral Star Wars game supposed to be out? That pre-vis stuff looked cool.

I think that was going to be a 2018 title. We're getting Battlefront 2 this year, and Amy's game will probably fill the Star Wars slot next year.

I kinda dig some of those stormtrooper variants in a surrealist way, though my initial reaction was "no way would they make canon non-human stormtroopers due to Imperial xenophobia." Which says a lot more about where my head is at with regard to Star Wars than it does about the franchise's future.

Yeah, I do wonder of they were experimenting with the concept of non human troopers. Otherwise they're just crazy designs.

The first game makes me think of the cancelled Republic Commando sequel (it was going to be set in the post-Episode 3 era, had you playing as an elite squad of Stormtroopers, tenatively titled Imperial Commando I think?), no clue regarding the other one.

Top Bottom