• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia - OST samples + Japanese CE preview

duckroll

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/ae5a3311-ef39-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

There are two comparison tracks on the page where you can listen to the original FC version and the new arrangement for the remake. The first is a battle theme and the second is a chapter 2 map theme.

There are also samples of the artbook which will be 40 pages long, and they specify that the blu-ray disc with HD versions of all the movies from Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and Echoes is over 90 minutes long.

Does anyone know how long the movies in RD, Awakening, and Fates are in total? Maybe we can get an estimate of how much FMV there is in Echoes from that.

ggx2ac

Just going off of YouTube all cutscenes videos.

21m 36s for RD
31m 19s for Fates
Around 12 to 13 minutes for Awakening.

Around 65 minutes?

Golnei

The arrangement of Celica's world map theme is really nice, but I'm not that impressed with the battle theme after Michiru Yamane's version of it. The soundtrack still seems to be shaping up well overall, though.

Why only Radiant Dawn and not Path of Radiance? They're two parts of one larger story...doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe they don't have access to the uncompressed PoR FMVs any more? Or they could have originally been rendered in SD.

JB2448

Why only Radiant Dawn and not Path of Radiance? They're two parts of one larger story...doesn't make a lot of sense.
If I had to guess, those cutscenes were only rendered out at 480p, and can already be seen in their original resolution in Path of Radiance's theater mode once you beat the game.

Thud

Would they add the original soundtrack as well?

There's just a certain charm in it that's missing in the modern version.

Golnei

Gradivus

I thought Awakening was pretty good but not particularly impressive on the music front; but found Fates' soundtrack to be a significant step up. What about Fates underwhelmed you, and was it similar to the source of your dismay with Awakening's music?
I think what I found underwhelming was lack of variety compared to most of the previous Fire Emblem titles.

I tend to enjoy all the recruitment themes, battle themes, map themes, event themes, etc when it comes to FE games, thou with the 3DS titles, only a few of the map/events stood out for me (mostly from the Hoshido side).

Top Bottom