• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes Update: Launch Bonuses Extended/Permanent, Easier Leveling, More

Cerium

Update: New banner is live. New Heroes Trailer.

fgLsQpI.jpg

Game is now the #3 top grossing app on NA Android and #2 on Japanese iOS.

New banners arrive tomorrow.

Sacred Stones and Genealogy characters coming soon™.

Jeffrey

good changes. Leveling is kind of a pain at the high 20's+, where units can die quite easily.

Really only thing left in terms of ease of use imo are:

- some in game way to lvl up energy cap (maybe like the castle upgrade system?).
- a way to easily go to 'change team' menu from the battle select. Hate having to go down 2-3 clicks.

Jims

Great changes! I feel silly now for being spending so much time in the Training Tower (since it's staying halved) but it's nice that they're still going to let people mindlessly level up their characters when they're bored. The more people level, the more people will want to pay for new summons, eh?

Another month of free orbs will be nice too.

Kumubou

I was wondering how quick Intelligent Systems/Nintendo was going to be in terms of responding to issues with the game. That's pretty damn quick -- so it does seem like they're ready to handle this game like people playing a typical mobage would expect. As long as they can stay on top of issues and keep rolling out new content and waifus, they're in position to rake for the foreseeable future.

...and they have Animal Crossing coming. D:

OVDRobo

Good decision to keep the stamina costs halved. Doubling them with the current stamina levels would put so many people off. We still need a way to increase stamina max, though. 100 would be a good maximum currently, if only so it would take over 8 hours to fully recharge so I don't feel like I'm babysitting the game.

Draxal

I was wondering how quick Intelligent Systems/Nintendo was going to be in terms of responding to issues with the game. That's pretty damn quick -- so it does seem like they're ready to handle this game like people playing a typical mobage would expect. As long as they can stay on top of issues and keep rolling out new content and waifus, they're in position to rake for the foreseeable future.

...and they have Animal Crossing coming. D:

Tbf these changes were incredibly easy to make. I think they have to be way more aggressive in posting new banners and content and that's were the challenge is.

Solid changes. I hope the update we get tomorrow is good! I'd be pretty stoked if we got some new story levels to go along with the new focus and games.

Now they just need to lower the cost of orbs and/or the cost of characters.

ggx2ac

Has this game made Nintendo more money that Miitomo and Super Mario Run?

It's only been two weeks, it's not front loaded like Super Mario Run which got around $39 million in revenue at the end of January.

It will take some time for Fire Emblem Heroes to exceed that.

Cuburt

The update sounds good.

Man, if without halved stamina cost from leveling and stamina cost added to equiping skills, that would have really hurt play time of this game and would have probably discouraged a lot of people from playing, including me.

I hope they eventually add a quick team edit option. I really hate looking at a battle, finding I have no team quite right for the weapons the enemies have, so I have to go through all the menus to get to the team to edit, then go back and reselect the battle mode from the root menu. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least kept it saved what page I was looking at in the battle menu when I changed the tab to edit my team.

Mupod

I'll cry if i don't get 5* Robin by tonight.

I spent 20 bucks to make it happen this morning, he's integral to my team and I was well over 5% appearance rate

this news makes it hurt a lot less because the game won't suck ass to play next month.

Vena

It will probably make more money than either of those and any Fire Emblem before it.

Hard to gauge, since Fates/Awakening also had metric tons of DLC on top of whatever millions they sold (and now will sell more thanks to the game).

But it will certainly be eventually a more profitable venture since these mobile games tend to last years on years if they are managed well and regularly updated. We'll probably see numerous new FE games before this one "ends" (and heck, we already are!).

unrealist

It is so hard to level healers and dancers .. they should make them gain (even a little) exp whenever they buff/heal other heroes..

goldenpp72

There needs to be a way to earn more orbs, I want to try my luck at the new banners, but I really want to get Nowi from these ones.

They should put in some crazy hard challenges where you can go for orbs, but make it extremely difficult to win I guess.

Draxal

Uhhhhhhhh it's #11 on JP ios

Yeah, other games have events and the gacha is updating in two hours.

They have been way too slow in updating the gacha, but its launch I guess.

Edit. Ohhh you're talking about op, well it's not three in the play store anymore either.

SalvaPot

The game has been steady on 6th place in Mexico just below Yu-Gi-Oh! (Pokemon Go is at #3 now) in the grossing charts.

I've been tempted to buy a few orbs before the banner changes, but I have realized I don't really need them. Slippery slope and all that.

Sort of related, but how much money does the Nintendo Badge Arcade bring in? I bet those numbers never see the light of day huh.

//ARCANUM

I'm feeling pretty discouraged on this game. Have gone through 3x full 20 orb summons (not counting 3x re-rolls), and gotten absolute trash. Not even one 5* yet. Kinda makes me not want to play really. Does the opposite of making me want to spend money. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Latin American release pls.

If on Android, just delete the Play Store data and cache, then use a VPN app like TunnelBear and select US. Download it and disconnect from the VPN once the download finishes, then you can play/update as usual.

Or download the apk from some shady website.

Game is mostly a cash grab, and in an age with so many Fire Emblem games, there's no much reason to play unless you don't own a 3DS.

darklin0

Banned
If on Android, just delete the Play Store data and cache, then use a VPN app like TunnelBear and select US. Download it and disconnect from the VPN once the download finishes, then you can play/update as usual.

Or download the apk from some shady website.

Game is mostly a cash grab, and in an age with so many Fire Emblem games, there's no much reason to play unless you don't own a 3DS.

Or use QooApp. Eliminate the shady websites.

Top Bottom