• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh sells in 1 million (shipments + digital downloads) worldwide

That is awesome. Haven't played the full game yet but this is totally deserved. It sounds like this is really shaping up to be a sleeper hit and I'm really happy for Team Ninja. They made all the right moves with this game.

Exquisik

This is great news! Still haven't contribute to the number yet, but I will once Summer hits and I have finished all my backlog. Hopefully it will hit 2 millions by EoY.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
So could you change my label back, Trump?

Zukkoyaki

For a pretty niche game like this from a mid-tier Japanese publisher, Nioh has to be a huge success! Congrats to Koei Tecmo!

greelay

This seems pretty good. And I havent seen a deal on this game yet, I imagine that number will get a bit bigger.

Fuck me I would have predicted 750k on the safe side after reception from the LCT.

Does it mean Nioh matched Bloodborne in its first two weeks?

Usobuko

Banned
Considering Japan is only ~100k, I think this is a big success.

Watch it goes multiplat like soul and KT has a gem on its hand.

Nice

I bought digital and convinced three people (Souls fans, so I didn't have to do much) to buy it. I did my part Team Ninja.

Damn good start, especially for a relatively niche new IP.

I plan on picking it up in the next week or two. Looking forward to it

Fuck me I would have predicted 750k on the safe side after reception from the LCT.

Does it mean Nioh matched Bloodborne in its first two weeks?

Grats to KT!

Bloodborne was at 2M sold through as of Sept 2015.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4s-bloodborne-sells-2-million/1100-6430572/

So 2M in 6 months?? Wow. NiOh could pass it up potentially.

This sounds so surreal.

Especially if you compare the marketing push.

Top Bottom