• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Screenshot Thread

6xAIYB.jpg

NNV720.jpg

Great Article on Photomode by a Pro Photog.
http://www.pnaharphoto.com/new-blog/2017/3/27/horizon-zero-dawn-and-photo-mode
Overall I was amazed at the amount of creative control you have when taking photos. The tools you have at your disposal mean that it's unlikely two people will take the same shot if they start messing with any of the settings. Browsing photo threads on gaming forums shows just how varied the results can be and that there is still a lot of skill involved, in taking and editing a good shot, as in taking real life photos. It's also not just a simple case of pausing the game and taking a shot. A lot of the time I'd actually try and set up a shot, by positioning my character in a certain pose or place, luring the machines close to me (usually taking some hits in the process), then waiting for certain animations or the machines to attack etc. Even if I only wanted to take a photo of the machines themselves, you still have to get close to them as your character is the anchor for the camera, and then you're waiting for the AI to position the machines in the pose you want. This did mean I sometimes spent over a hour just trying to get one photo and often times the end result wasn't even that great! The creative process was still fun though so it wasn't time wasted.

Top Bottom