• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch dock has been pulled from Nintendo's online store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

I am glad I canceled my pre-order.

Has Nintendo launched a console with this many problems before? I remember the 3DS having some issues, but not to the amount that the Switch is having.

jackal27

Banned
Oh damn. I smell a redesign coming.

Reminds me of when Nintendo started issuing those covers for Wiimotes after they were destroying idiots' TVs. I bet there's an exchange program.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
If they fix them, they better send everyone a new one who bought a Switch at launch. I haven't even take my dock out of the box.

selo

How much were they? The fact that they didn't include some sort of fabric/protector in the dock to not scratch the screen is baffling. Honestly,they should do a recall, fix the dock and also the left joycons :|

I am glad I canceled my pre-order.

Has Nintendo launched a console with this many problems before? I remember the 3DS having some issues, but not to the amount that the Switch is having.
N64 initial units in the UK had power adaptors that weren't moulded correctly. They issued replacements and a free accessory (I got a carry case).

Semajer

Hopefully this will lead to a solution like the Wii remote. Something free to fix existing products that can be requested online.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Imagining an iPhone like "recall" (antenna gate or whatever it was where they shipped you a free case) where they send everyone a free screen protector

There are so many design flaws in the switch that I would strongly advise people to wait until a newer version comes out. Faulty left joycon, plastic screen, bad finish, and very cheap dock that also contribute to the scratched screen. I mean even the most basic quality control would have caught it. People say they started seeing marks with just a few docks. Nintendo was supposed to test the design for thousands of times.

Wanderer5

Is there really that much issues with the dock? Makes me want a dockless Switch unit more lol (since I only really care for the portable aspect for this system anyway).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... who have bent socks? Like, is that the store SKU and not the pack in or something?

mlclmtckr

Banned
They regularly delist sold out items. What are we doing?

I dunno, GAF convinced itself that the dock is made of sandpaper and will instantly ruin the screen with no user error 100% of the time (and also that scratches and smudges are the same thing). Now we have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom