• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just kinda accidentally beat the big guy. I was exploring, then boom. Final boss time.

I know you can continue the game afterward, but can you fight him again? I saw my save file with a star; it was an auto save right before I entered the boss area, so it seems like you can.

TP's final boss was better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man that battery doesnt last long huh? :(

Still, had a nice session, found quite a few shrines (up to 64 now), got the
rubber
helm from a side quest, few more seeds (although I still suck at those, only have like 45), farmed enough guardians to finish buying the
ancient armor
, good stuff.

Crayolan

How the fuck do I get that ice cube through that last part of the shrine!?!?

The one where you need to
carry an ice block through a bunch of fire obstacles?

What I did was
use stasis to make the ice move towards the fire then use the metal cube to block some of the fire as the cube moved across.

Anteo

What I did was
use stasis to make the ice move towards the fire then use the metal cube to block some of the fire as the cube moved across.

you know how in real life you can pass your finger through the fire of a candle and not get burned if you do it fast enough?

Malus

What I did was

Ohh that one. Yeah that was a lot of fun. Whenever you had to
combine runes
it was really cool to figure out.

you know how in real life you can pass your finger through the fire of a candle and not get burned if you do it fast enough?

Oh shit.

rhandino

Banned
I just love how out of nowhere Beedle gift you an
Ancient Arrow
and talk to you about the
Sheikah scientist in Akkala.

So nice of him, I guess.

Nyoro SF

What I did was

That's probably the right way.

I used Stasis and punted the block through the flames while wearing Flamebreaker Armor

robotrock

Banned
spoilers for GANON fight but question about his design

is he the same spider model from the initial wii u tech demo lol? was just remembering how that had a spider in it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sooo... I just found something that I might be able to get, and if I can't, I'm going to be disappointed because the game shouldn't tease me like that. If I can, this is the greatest game ever made.

Fuck all my quests... I want
my skeleton horse!

So, question.

I remember reading somewhere about someone who tasks you with beating all of the overworld bosses (Hinox, Talus, Molduga).

However, I can't find anything about that anywhere on the internet.

Am I just crazy? If not, where is that person?

atr0cious

So, question.

I remember reading somewhere about someone who tasks you with beating all of the overworld bosses (Hinox, Talus, Molduga).

Edge of town after nightfall.
For example, he's above kariko village on a mountain. Lurelin, he's right on the opposite beach. And he's a little Southeast i think of the 2nd lab, on a circular quarry.

So, question.

Have you met a dude that
really loves monsters
?

Joeytj

Banned
So, I got a software update for the game from Nintendo today, on the Switch. I'm hearing it fixes a lot of the frame rate problems.

Anything else it does? Haven't checked it myself yet, will do later.

Okay guys, what's the right way to beat the Daqo Chisay Shrine? It's the one outside of
Gerudo Town
and it's the one where you have to use
electricity

Now I used some of my steel weapons to use make the connection early on to open the gate to the other magnetic block. But I feel like that was cheating, unless that was the way it was designed.

Either way, bravo Nintendo, bravo. My favorite shrine of the 50 something I've done so far.

Lol I don't know, I actually got that fact spoiled for me.

I also know that there's supposed to be some sort of icon by the boss's health bar to show that you've beaten it, but I haven't seen any mark like that. And I know I've fought some of these bosses multiple times.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm hoarding all my gems because I want to upgrade all the stuff. If I sold them I would be a gazillionare. Although I could sell my ancient materials since my armour is maxed out.

I'm def noticing a slight improvement around
Korok Forest
even while docked. Drops still happen, but it's not nearly as bad as before. Also tested some areas around the Great Plateau (Forest of Spirits used to stutter more for me when docked) and so far framerate is holding steady. Good stuff!

Crayolan

Okay guys, what's the right way to beat the Daqo Chisay Shrine? It's the one outside of
Gerudo Town
and it's the one where you have to use
electricity

Now I used some of my steel weapons to use make the connection early on to open the gate to the other magnetic block. But I feel like that was cheating, unless that was the way it was designed.

Either way, bravo Nintendo, bravo. My favorite shrine of the 50 something I've done so far.

You use the block and barrel to make a connection to the other barrel, then use all 3 to make a connection to the chest, then use all 4 (including the chest, which is made of metal) to make a connection to the other big block.

random25

I'm hoarding all my gems because I want to upgrade all the stuff. If I sold them I would be a gazillionare. Although I could sell my ancient materials since my armour is maxed out.

You'll probably need like 50 at most to upgrade.

Why not spend them on making ancient arrows?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sooo... I just found something that I might be able to get, and if I can't, I'm going to be disappointed because the game shouldn't tease me like that. If I can, this is the greatest game ever made.

my skeleton horse!

Why couldn't you let me just have this one Nintendo? :(

Why must you shatter my dreams?

I hate this game.

This is a fucking phenomenal game.

Rizific

my skeleton horse!

well...
i also wanted one. got one, took it to a stable, and the guy basically told me to get that monster out of his face =/ i dont think you can keep them

ffdgh

114 shrines down plus that one in the desert I can't open just yet...eh that's legit enough. Time to cheat the last 5 so I can actually start freeing the divine beasts.

Oh god he's so stupid it hurts me.

He's using cryonisis but he's using the blocks to stop the ice being shot at him not blow up the blocks.

It's both hilarious and painful.

I wasted so many swords and arrows before I figured out you could use
cryonis
. It was such an "OF FREAKIN COURSE" moment

Man, this game is so good. Every time I think I'm over my addiction, I end up playing 4 to 5 hours in a row. And still have so much to explore. Crazy.

Nictel

What I did was

Ha I
failed this one for so long because I didn't realize the block in the lava. But what I did was magnetize the block in the air, quickly switch to stasis so the block was suspended mid air. Slide the ice cube under it and then use magnetize again to shield me from the flames while I walk pass.

Xbudz

Trying new update now.

Immediately going to Korok forest...

Well, framerate feels a tiny bit better but it's still quite bad in this area. Oh well, a minor gripe against a game that has given me so much joy in the 140+ hours I've played so far.

God I love this game.

spock

my skeleton horse!

Read in the thread earlier, that yes you can...but alas...things shall turn to dust when sun rises...

I'm up to 105 shrines. I feel like I've explored most of the world. I've finished all the shrine quests I've discovered. It's getting difficult to hold off on looking at a guide.

Potentially hidden shrine spoilers:

The orb at Shikh and the socket outside kakariko are driving me nuts.

random25

is there a limit to how many materials i can carry ?

In terms of quantity, or the kinds of materials? In terms of quantity, I have gone over 700pcs of moblin fang so it's safe to say it can reach up to 999 or maybe even more. As for the slots for each material, I think you can pick every kind of material without having trouble on the slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom