• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently Ubi is refunding South Park: The Fractured But Whole pre-orders

Hasney

This isn't new, is it? I got a refund last year from the first pre-order after the first delay without asking. Not sure if this is now a later batch.

Zafir

Blergh. I got the CE for a good price from their store.

If they cancel that I'll be sad.

Edit: Oh, is this just digital copies on the PSN store? NVM.

Man I'm surprised this thing keeps getting pushed back so much. Not even like it's a whole new engine driven game or new IP or anything to warrant numerous delays.

Isotropy

What the heck is going on? It's basically just the same game over again with a new story and some new features - what could be going so wrong?!

Hasney

Give. It. Back. To. Obsidian. It's obvious it was too much of a task for them.

Considering how much Stick of Truth was delayed, you don't think it's Matt and Trey fiddling with stuff constantly? That was the rumour on the first one. No need to give it back to Obsidan, because if it's not Matt and Trey, they were to blame for the delays on the first one.

Okada

I actually tried to preorder this last night as I wanted to play Stick of Truth but couldn't find it anywhere on the Playstation store.

Man I'm surprised this thing keeps getting pushed back so much. Not even like it's a whole new engine driven game or new IP or anything to warrant numerous delays.

I have to imagine with brexit and Trump, significant parts of the game had to be re-written. The jokes aren't funny anymore when it's happening in the real world. Or the opposite. Those two huge world changing events had to be put in the game.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I have to imagine with brexit and Trump, significant parts of the game had to be re-written. The jokes aren't funny anymore when it's happening in the real world. Or the opposite. Those two huge world changing events had to be put in the game.

Nope, they aren't going after Trump at all anymore apparently.

I guess they gotta retain all their 14 year old redditor fans.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
They took it away because of what happened last time

Considering how much Stick of Truth was delayed, you don't think it's Matt and Trey fiddling with stuff constantly? That was the rumour on the first one. No need to give it back to Obsidan, because if it's not Matt and Trey, they were to blame for the delays on the first one.

Maybe im mistaken but didnt the development issues surrounding Stick of Truth have to do with Viacom and THQ, copyright holder issues, etc?

Nope, they aren't going after Trump at all anymore apparently.

I guess they gotta retain all their 14 year old redditor fans.

Alec Baldwin said the same thing about playing trump on SNL. The comedy about it normalizes the ridiculous behavior in a way because Trump completely fails to see these things as jokes. I will be very surprised if he's not mentioned in the fractured but whole at all. I hope he's not a main character, but there's gotta be some subtle digs at him for posterity's sake.

Popsickles

What the heck is going on? It's basically just the same game over again with a new story and some new features - what could be going so wrong?!
I doubt 'wrong' but I guess it's Mat and Trey wanting to get the writing and humour right game mechanics are a small part of this game people play it for the south park humour.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I was hoping for a refund, opted out of the 1st refund because it was only a few month delay but this is insane.

Gotta really rethink my of preordering digital stuff, I tend to order earlier so I can set up a budget but now thinking I'll wait the weekend before from now on.

edit: not near my PS4 did they take back the free original game as well?

I think there is something buggy with that southpark engine, it may have been what was giving obsidian a hard time, mixed with matt and tre's desire to keep the humor relevant so probably a lot of rewrites and re recordings

Publishers should really learn to announce their games a few months before they come out. This is really irritating imo.
Matt and Trey are known for being perfectionists and changing things late in development, they could have predicted there would have been delays...

I'm not worried about the game, I'm really confident in Matt and Trey holding the game back as long as it's needed and Ubisoft's South Park engine has already shown it can deliver a true South Park experience.
Why can't Ubisoft just wait and announce it when it's almost ready? The marketing for this game isn't that difficult. Just make a funny clip from the game and it will go viral in no time. A brand like South Park doesn't need a year-long marketing campaign.

I doubt 'wrong' but I guess it's Mat and Trey wanting to get the writing and humour right game mechanics are a small part of this game people play it for the south park humour.

Whatever the reason is, I don't care how long it takes them to get this game out as long as they can get it out right.

While Stick of Truth didn't really have too much depth with the game play and replay ability, the amount of stuff they did pack in in regards to the world they've made in general was fantastic. Still funniest game I've ever played.

Top Bottom