• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-15-2017, 07:10 PM)
I thought people might be curious how the game has been doing.

It was #9 in the US, but only if you remove all the apps like Netflix.

In Japan, games flood out all of the apps except LINE, which was #9, but I filtered it out of the Japan report so we could see what game was #11 overall (or #10 in games).

This made Nintendo the #9 highest grossing mobile publisher for the month. To note, Niantic, not Nintendo, publishes Pokemon GO.

Source: https://www.appannie.com/indexes/all...-01&country=JP
Duane Cunningham
(03-15-2017, 07:11 PM)
It's a really good game. I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't opened it in the six weeks it's been out.

Also, kudos to the developer, Intelligent Systems, for putting ongoing care into it. There have been adjustments and events to curate the user experience from day one, and just this morning they announced even more cool new stuff. They're definitely taking pride in this.
PK Gaming
(03-15-2017, 07:14 PM)
It's a really addictive game, i'm having a good time
Gai Murakumo
(03-15-2017, 07:14 PM)
The game is great. The amount of content they are adding is not bad either. I have yet to spend a cent on this game because they are at least giving out the summoning currency at a decent rate which is awesome. The different art for all the characters is nice as well.
Usobuko
(03-15-2017, 07:16 PM)
I didn't know Fate Grand Order was published by Sony. Looks like both Sony and Nintendo doing really well in mobile markets.

Bandai Namco & Square Enix succeeded too.
dlcnotincluded
(03-15-2017, 07:17 PM)
Seeing FEH stay relatively in the top gives me hope that it will keep going strong to last with the big dogs.

Even if their gacha system is a bit awful at times. *cough* all 3*s in one roll *cough*
Hasemo
(;・∀・)ハッ?
(03-15-2017, 07:19 PM)
It's been around 8th~20th+ spot in the total grossing ranking here in Japan for a while. To be honest I'm surprised its so low, given the IP, but from what I've heard it doesn't really have that much content yet, so maybe that's the reason.
Maxinas
(03-15-2017, 07:20 PM)
Cool, wonder if they'll keep the momentum, it's a fun game to play in short bursts. If the Animal Crossing Mobile game is also done right, Nintendo will have two solid moneymakers in the mobile market.
DecoReturns
Almost cancelled to a high grossing mobile game, with multiple game releasing.

Pretty remarkable comeback.
Quonny
I'm curious how long it'll be on the charts without any real long-term content or goals to strive for.
wrowa
(03-15-2017, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Hasemo

It's been around 8th~20th+ spot in the total grossing ranking here in Japan for a while. To be honest I'm surprised its so low, given the IP, but from what I've heard it doesn't really have that much content yet, so maybe that's the reason.

I stopped playing once the Switch came out. Whoops.

It was a lot of fun for the first weeks, but the content updates so far were pretty lacking and there just isn't a lot to go back to after a while.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-15-2017, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Usobuko

I didn't know Fate Grand Order was published by Sony. Looks like both Sony and Nintendo doing really well in mobile markets.

Bandai Namco & Square Enix succeeded too.

Yes. It's published through Aniplex (Sony Music), which is why it is fairly obscured.
Anastasis
(03-15-2017, 07:24 PM)
Glad to hear it!

I have had a blast with it and it has been extremely fair to us non-whales.
Draxal
(03-15-2017, 07:24 PM)
Don't think it will be that high in March.
FreedomFighter
(03-15-2017, 07:25 PM)
I love how Fire Emblem just blew up. The series really came thru in the clutch when it really needed to with Awakening and I hope it continues to be successful.
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(03-15-2017, 07:26 PM)
Fire Emblem Switch to have ridiculous production values confirmed.
Maxinas
(03-15-2017, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by cw_sasuke

Fire Emblem Switch to have ridiculous production values confirmed.

If its to hire someone competent enough to write a good story, i'm all for it. Oh, and higher quality localization efforts.
chrominance
(03-15-2017, 07:31 PM)
It was a little shaky at launch and immediately after, but Nintendo/IS (and sort of kind of DeNA?) have done a pretty good job of keeping the game fresh and adding content. It's also never made me feel like I HAVE to spend money to have fun, which paradoxically might encourage me to spend money at some point.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(03-15-2017, 07:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Draxal

Don't think it will be that high in March.

Correct, it's not charting high enough on a daily basis, though it is at #5 right now on the hourly chart.
Ridley327
(03-15-2017, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by DecoReturns

Almost cancelled to a high grossing mobile game, with multiple game releasing.

Pretty remarkable comeback.

It is crazy to think that FE:H is the first of three games for 2017 in the series. I don't think an SRPG series has ever enjoyed such prosperity.
kewlmyc
(03-15-2017, 07:37 PM)
It was an obvious move to make a gatcha of this series. They should have done it earlier.

I will say that it's one of the more fair gatchas out there though. I don't feel completely ripped off every time I roll for new units.
BuckRobotron
(03-15-2017, 07:41 PM)
Fun enough game as a f2p and good for getting the Fire Emblem name out there. Only game I have on any of my current phones.
theprodigy
(03-15-2017, 07:59 PM)
Hey Nirolak can you also post US/WW charts for February? (with non-games excluded or not idc)
stoff
(03-15-2017, 08:12 PM)
That sounds fairly successful in my book.
I stopped playing since the moment I got my hands on Zelda.
And reading through the app's news, I don't feel like I even want to try out the new stuff they've added, tbqh. Don't need any tournaments or PVP. Just give me more interesting maps and more units to grind up.
Unison
(03-15-2017, 08:21 PM)
How much would this be in dollars?
Wilsongt
(03-15-2017, 08:25 PM)
The desire to draw waifus is real.

Or to grab Azura and Lucina.
Mathematics
(03-15-2017, 08:30 PM)
I wonder how the charts will look once they add the Radiant characters (mainly Ike) in and if it will impact FGO
Scum
(03-15-2017, 08:33 PM)
Next up, Advance Wars.
Purple Cheeto
(03-15-2017, 08:34 PM)
And it's not even that good of a gacha game. Just like with Pokémon Go the brand trumps the game quality.
SapphiCine
(03-15-2017, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Maxinas

If its to hire someone competent enough to write a good story, i'm all for it. Oh, and higher quality localization efforts.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless they hire a team of writers, no one is going to do well within the limitations of the series.
Ninjimbo
(03-15-2017, 08:39 PM)
Not bad. I'm glad it's generating some revenue. I wonder if Nintendo is happy with it. Right now I'm thinking it won't give a huge bump to Echoes.
TheBryanJZX90
(03-15-2017, 08:40 PM)
Where do Granblue and FFRK place?
daxgame
(03-15-2017, 08:43 PM)
It's really good. I disliked the small maps but after playing i understood the need of short sessions. Just wish there was more variety. Anyway i open it almost once a day, and most importantly so does my wife who's def. Not a gamer
Verelios
(03-15-2017, 08:47 PM)
Jesus, how much do you guys want Saber variations to be spending money like water. Haha, it's a surprisingly fun game if you like collecting and Nasu though.

Good on FEH too
sixteen-bit
(03-15-2017, 08:50 PM)
Congrats to them on the success. It's funny how this franchise was supposed to end with Awakening, but it keeps on trucking.
theMrCravens
(03-15-2017, 08:52 PM)
Except FEH, most of those are 2-3 years old.

Are all the new mobile games not attracting whales ?
nubbe
(03-15-2017, 08:53 PM)
Shadows of Valentia is about a month away from release
Will be interesting to see if Heroes has helped brand awareness
Dee Dee
(03-15-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by stoff

And reading through the app's news, I don't feel like I even want to try out the new stuff they've added, tbqh. Don't need any tournaments or PVP. Just give me more interesting maps and more units to grind up.

They are actually adding map objectives like "hold tower for x turns" and enemy reinforcements in April though. Bigger maps won't go well with the "quick and mobile" format I'm afraid.

It's a really fun polished game without big paywalls or urgency to spend large amounts of neither time nor money on it. Even the PvP is quite chill - the only thing you miss out when you are bad are feathers, which they lately have added to more and more other modes as rewards too, including daily arena rewards mostly for participating even.
I like it a lot, and I like that they announced the Grand Hero Battles up until May, when I will loose my chill trying to get Xander, haha.

I hope it keeps doing well for them for the next years.

It's also impressive how quickly they implement fan feedback, and make everything more and more generous. Like, "We heard your complaints about how hard it is to get feathers. So everyone gets 10 000 for free and we add them as rewards to EVERYTHING." That was pretty crazy to me. They could have just said: "Tough luck guys, if you want a 5* suck it up and fork over you monies for orbs."
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(03-15-2017, 09:19 PM)
Bow to our new mobile overlord. May the consoles and PCs pay tribute to his glory!
Mupod
(03-15-2017, 09:23 PM)
Man, I know FGO has a lot of text to deal with, but you'd think they would be all over localizing something that makes so much money. I know I'd play it.

Originally Posted by stoff

the Grand Hero Battle maps have been a lot of fun. Ursula's was a real bastard and I spent all day at work thinking up strategies that I could use with the units I have. And you got a very nice 4 star unit for winning. It'd be great if they keep adding more major challenges with good rewards.

The PVP isn't actually PVP, it's still playing against the AI. I liked the tournament even if I was on team Lucina and victory was inevitable. The Chrom/Ephraim battle sounded a lot more fun.
desmax
(03-15-2017, 09:25 PM)
Fun game, but it could use more content.

All I do now is 3 arena duels per day
Draxal
(03-15-2017, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by desmax

Fun game, but it could use more content.

All I do now is 3 arena duels per day

As of yesterday, you should be doing six for feathers.
LaNaranja
(03-15-2017, 09:29 PM)
The game is really really good. I know nothing about Fire Emblem and I've been loving my time with it.

Originally Posted by dlcnotincluded

Seeing FEH stay relatively in the top gives me hope that it will keep going strong to last with the big dogs.

Even if their gacha system is a bit awful at times. *cough* all 3*s in one roll *cough*

I have been having the bestest of luck in my rolls.

Calm waterfall
Banned
(03-15-2017, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Correct, it's not charting high enough on a daily basis, though it is at #5 right now on the hourly chart.

Do the top 3 games chart constantly in the top 3, or it changes from month to month?
desmax
(03-15-2017, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Draxal

As of yesterday, you should be doing six for feathers.

Good point.
Still not much to do
NSESN
(03-15-2017, 09:33 PM)
It will be first when Ike releases.
guek
Banned
(03-15-2017, 09:35 PM)
I'm still playing but no way am I ever paying for any more orbs when rolls are such a poor gamble
cw_sasuke
If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
(03-15-2017, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by NSESN

It will be first when Ike releases.

Or Bikini Suit "insert any of the favorite FE Waifus"
Wyndstryker
(03-15-2017, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by theMrCravens

Except FEH, most of those are 2-3 years old.

Are all the new mobile games not attracting whales ?

Whales are usually game specific. Rare to find a whale go crazy in multiple games. Also games need time to develop content to warrant someone to go whale
megalowho
(03-15-2017, 09:38 PM)
Nice to see it's doing well, easily my favorite of the Nintendo mobile projects to date. Timely currency dumps alongside new content is also smart, I think I caught the bug again after a lucky roll with the last update.

Man they still love Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike over there, don't they