• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chris R
(03-17-2017, 08:37 PM)
Well, I got a response from Amazon. They said it was a mistake, and that I should reorder the item.

They also said they would wave shipping costs. I don't know if this is a case by case situation, but if you had your order cancelled, contact Amazon and they might respond with the same information now.

So now I have an order in on Amazon and one on Best Buy... I'll cancel the best buy one if this whole mess with Amazon is cleared up with no further cancellations before launch.
iRAWRasaurus
(03-17-2017, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by atlusprime

Hi NeoGAF! It's Will from ATLUS. If you didn't know, I've taken over John's job for the time being.To give you an update on what's going on, we're currently looking into this issue with Amazon and I'll follow up when we have more info.

<3
Darkman M
(03-17-2017, 08:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyrios

Just preordered the standard edition on Amazon just in case my TYH edition gets cancelled.

Ain't nothing stopping me from playing this game April 4th lol

Couldn't you just buy digital worse case scenario?
_woLf
(03-17-2017, 08:39 PM)
It's really gross that atlus's social media channels is all about the controller skin (which the premium edition doesn't get!) when this is happening.
Pandora012
(03-17-2017, 08:39 PM)

Hi NeoGAF! It's Will from ATLUS. If you didn't know, I've taken over John's job for the time being.To give you an update on what's going on, we're currently looking into this issue with Amazon and I'll follow up when we have more info.

Getting us prepared for another delay....

But really hope this is figured out before my TYH is cancelled too
Iva Demilcol
(03-17-2017, 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Chris R

Well, I got a response from Amazon. They said it was a mistake, and that I should reorder the item.

They also said they would wave shipping costs. I don't know if this is a case by case situation, but if you had your order cancelled, contact Amazon and they might respond with the same information now.

So now I have an order in on Amazon and one on Best Buy... I'll cancel the best buy one if this whole mess with Amazon is cleared up with no further cancellations before launch.

Wait what?

Someone at amazon knew this would provoke panic... I can almost see them:

"I told you they would freak out"
Silver Arrows

Originally Posted by _woLf

It's really gross that atlus's social media channels is all about the controller skin (which the premium edition doesn't get!) when this is happening.

Exactly. The fact that more people aren't catching onto this and making Atlus know how tonedeaf it is, is mind boggling.
Venfayth

I don't think we've had more than a dozen individual cases in this thread? If more people start having their orders cancelled I think it would be worth making a stink about, but as of right now the amount of worrying is the biggest cause of posts.
Mecer

TYH is still unavailable though, so no way to reorder it, which is my case.
Swiggins
(03-17-2017, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Iva Demilcol

Wait what?

Someone at amazon knew this would provoke panic... I can almost see them:

"I told you they would freak out"

"Who should we fuck with today Bill?"

"Haven't fucked with the gamers in a week...lets see what's coming out in a few weeks.:"
YianGaruga
(03-17-2017, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Silver Arrows

Exactly. The fact that more people aren't catching onto this and making Atlus know how tonedeaf it is, is mind boggling.

Gross? Tone-deaf? There are reports from like 10 people maximum, this isn't a major issue
UCBooties
(03-17-2017, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Mecer

TYH is still unavailable though, so no way to reorder it, which is my case.

If you contact customer service about an incorrect cancellation they may give you a special link.
RedBoot
(03-17-2017, 08:42 PM)

To be fair, that announcement was probably planned several days ago. The email even went out right about when this thread started. It's just a poorly-timed coincidence.

(Now, if you're more concerned about the premium edition missing out on the skin, well, you've got a point there)
guybrushfreeman
(03-17-2017, 08:43 PM)

Joke posts? The PR guy is posting just above you in this very thread
Mecer
(03-17-2017, 08:43 PM)

Originally Posted by UCBooties

If you contact customer service about an incorrect cancellation they may give you a special link.

Again? Alright, I'll try.

Last time I tried, they told me to buy it later from scalpers
RPGCrazied
(03-17-2017, 08:45 PM)
My order still says its in place? I will be so mad if they cancel this. I will sign up for the BB game thing and never buy from Amazon for games again. They have gotten pretty iffy lately.
Ludger Kresnik
I had no idea there was a non-steelbook edition. Anyone know if it's also available in Europe? I'd rather get a EU copy and I really don't like steelbooks.
UCBooties

Ugh, they suck, see if you can get someone on chat.
Zafir
(03-17-2017, 08:47 PM)

I mean, that's pretty useless for those of us who pre-ordered the CE.

It's unavailable to re-order. ;P
YianGaruga
(03-17-2017, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Ludger Kresnik

I had no idea there was a non-steelbook edition. Anyone know if it's also available in Europe? I'd rather get a EU copy and I really don't like steelbooks.

amazon Germany added that sku only a few days ago, before you could not order it. Still can't find it on most other sites.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XKZVH8Z

I'd expect a few other sites to list it before release
Last edited by YianGaruga; 03-17-2017 at 08:50 PM.
RPGCrazied
(03-17-2017, 08:49 PM)
The product page still advertises the steelbook too.
R0ckman

CS rep might have snapped and was job suiciding at your expense.
Rabid Dwarf 76
My Take Your Heart edition remains intact.
Kyrios
(03-17-2017, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Darkman M

Couldn't you just buy digital worse case scenario?

That's Plan C, lmao
ElMexiMerican
(03-17-2017, 08:50 PM)
My LE isn't cancelled yet. Here's hoping it stays that way, but we'll see.
RPGCrazied
(03-17-2017, 08:51 PM)
If it was a major issue why are they still taking orders for it?
Glitter and Gold
(03-17-2017, 08:55 PM)
If mine gets cancelled I'll just go standard.

I figured something like this was gonna happen, with how long orders were open for vs how popular of a purchase it seemed to be
barybll
(03-17-2017, 08:58 PM)
The steelbook is not even that good
blame space
King of Members with nice chair, nice beard, nice wall hooks, broken TV, clean phone, and a red username.
(03-17-2017, 08:59 PM)
we're officially complaining about a free steelbook now
YianGaruga
(03-17-2017, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by blame space

we're officially complaining about a free steelbook now

we are?
carlsojo
(03-17-2017, 09:02 PM)
Mine's still intact.
Shikari
(03-17-2017, 09:04 PM)
I seriously hope they don't cancel it.

Got it pre-ordered since last year when I had prime so 20% discount is there.

Still haven't received any email of cancellation and order page still shows it's intact and on track to ship on 31st March.
Linkura
(03-17-2017, 09:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Glitter and Gold

If mine gets cancelled I'll just go standard.

Same. Not too concerned personally. I'm not a big fan of pricey special editions. I only got the SteelBook because it was at no extra cost than the standard. Really sucks for the people who were really looking forward to the TYK and SteelBook though. Not discounting their suffering. This is pretty bullshit.
Aurizen
(03-17-2017, 09:11 PM)
My order hasn't been canceled... I hope I get mine on time :(
FSLink
(03-17-2017, 09:11 PM)
Yeah my two orders of the Take Your Heart edition were cancelled on me on Amazon. Reordered one on Best Buy luckily in time...
ChanMan
(03-17-2017, 09:13 PM)
My order never got cancelled.
bug_42
(03-17-2017, 09:16 PM)
This sounds like it is only the SteelBook Edition, and not the "Take Your Heart" or Regular edition.
arturo2666
(03-17-2017, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by bug_42

This sounds like it is only the SteelBook Edition, and not the "Take Your Heart" or Regular edition.

No.
LiK
(03-17-2017, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by bug_42

Nah, it involves both from people's cancellations here
yuuki
(03-17-2017, 09:30 PM)
maybe they forgott to add the controller decay. /s
yuuki
(03-17-2017, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by charlequin

The explanation provided by the rep idoesn't actually make sense. Detected by a customer? How did that happen for a preorder product, exactly?

Regardless, this doesn't seem to be affecting all orders unless they're taking it really slowly, so I'm curious what the scope is of the cancellation.

amazon actually has a certain user group who get stuff earlier to test it. For free too. So it possible that one of those discovered it.
grap3fruitman
(03-17-2017, 09:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack

Or improperly disposed of, which if we're talking about the packaging of a commercial good is inevitable. So let's not go crazy with 'it wouldn't affect you in any way, shape or form.' business.

Not that there's any credibility to the idea of lead in the steelbook casting.

Panic begets panic.

As a Customs Broker, I've personally seen FDA deny entry of dangerous goods (some animal cleaning products) into the US because they were deemed unsafe. When we asked how to safely dispose of the items, the FDA told us to just toss it in the trash. Not lying. So the agencies responsible for keeping people safe don't really care about anything other than revenue generated by fines. The point I'm trying to make is that if the items are technically DG, don't expect them to be disposed of properly anyway.
StereoVsn
(03-17-2017, 09:43 PM)
I have SE pre-ordered and it hasn't been cancelled yet. I might grab it at BestBuy as well to make sure. Steelbook Launch editions are still available everywhere including Amazon as well.
Shengar
(03-17-2017, 09:46 PM)

????

Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition

They specify Amazon, so I'm thinking it's specific to them.

People please, hold your horses.
StereoVsn
(03-17-2017, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Shengar

????

People please, hold your horses.

I think they are talking about a controller skin offer Atlus is pitching on their site which is not included with the SE.
AlexFlame116
(03-17-2017, 09:48 PM)

Cool your jets bros. Atlus is working on it. Cause, you know, they posted that right before you guys did.
NoctisVsStar
(03-17-2017, 09:48 PM)
Order still intact so here's hoping.
Sanador
(03-17-2017, 09:50 PM)
This reminds me a bit of the last minute cancellation of the Batmobile CE of Arkham Knight. I still am curious what that Batmobile looked like that caused them to cancel it.
Last edited by Sanador; 03-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Silver Arrows
(03-17-2017, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Cool your jets bros. Atlus is working on it. Cause, you know, they posted that right before you guys did.

Originally Posted by StereoVsn

I think they are talking about a controller skin offer Atlus is pitching on their site which is not included with the SE.

Steiner
(03-17-2017, 09:56 PM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

This. These are regular human beings just trying to do their job. The world doesn't stop spinning because of a manufacturing screwup. They'll holler when they figure out the appropriate response.