jack_package_200
(03-17-2017, 05:45 PM)
Standard not steelbook version for those who want one
Evil's Bane
(03-17-2017, 05:46 PM)
Better think about your game
Hikami
Someone already got the game early though?

Didn't see any defects in the pics they posted..

My amazon order hasn't been cancelled yet and haven't got an email about it though.
anddo0
Pre-ordered back in June 2016- still safe
tearsintherain
Weird, my amazon pre order (steelbook edition) isn't cancelled and no email. Placed a backup order on best buy but to be honest I don't really care, extra steelbook is no big deal in my book and I am not that much into persona that I want the CE.

The plush edition is still available for pre order on best buy for me, but not for shipping just store pickup.
Graciaus
Mine isn't cancelled but I'm sure it is coming. Don't mess up the biggest game of the year for me.
RedBoot
My TYH edition is still active, but I'm already steeling myself for that to change.

Of course, if it turns out to only affect some of the steelbooks and my order survives, I'll just end up paranoid that the copy I get will explode or poison me or something. :P

I just hope it doesn't end up delaying the whole game. I'm okay with switching to a regular version if that's the only one that survives.
Last edited by RedBoot; 03-17-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Unaha-Closp
Oh shit. I'm in the UK and not heard anything yet from Amazon about my order. I say again - Oh shit.
charlequin
Loving Husband. Caring Admin. Secret Octopus.
The explanation provided by the rep idoesn't actually make sense. Detected by a customer? How did that happen for a preorder product, exactly?

Regardless, this doesn't seem to be affecting all orders unless they're taking it really slowly, so I'm curious what the scope is of the cancellation.
-NeoTB1-
My pre-order is still safe, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
The Artisan
i would go ballistic if amazon told me they cancelled my collector's edition
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
Mine hasn't been cancelled yet but after the long ordeal of the ZTD watches, this is worrying. That took forever to fix.
BasilZero
Dammit....I was thinking few hours ago about my pre order on amazon like it would be cancelled for w/e reason and this happens -.-

Is this isolated to amazon only or is Best Buy safe?

If my order gets cancelled - I guess I will order from Best Buy.....
Proteus
BOSS
(03-17-2017, 05:47 PM)
I wonder if the person who received it early has any insight into what the defect might be.

I didn't see anything odd in the unboxing they posted.

If mine gets cancelled I will probably just go digital with it.
georly
I ordered the steelbook (late, mind you) and mine has yet to be cancelled. Wonder what's up.
dgco86
Just checked, my Steelbook and TYH Premium Edition preorders that got cancelled were both placed back in June 2016. I wonder why only certain orders are affected...

Oh and here's the funny thing, I was able to place a new order for the steelbook edition and have it shipped directly to Singapore.
Kirye
Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.
Still no email for either the steelbook or the Take your Heart editions. Hope I at least keep the CE, I don't mind buying a regular version if the steelbook has a defect or whatever.
leroidys
I've had Amazon reps tell me a lot of wacky shit. I have a friend who sells to Amazon, and if there's one constant about that company, it's never taking responsibility for distribution issues.
PlatypusDude
(03-17-2017, 05:48 PM)
Haven't got an email yet have the Take Your Heart Edition ordered for reference, but if this happens to everyone man the Persona 5 western release, the gift that keeps on giving.
Levito
Surely this will effect other retailers like EB games right?
Chris R

Originally Posted by charlequin

The explanation provided by the rep idoesn't actually make sense. Detected by a customer? How did that happen for a preorder product, exactly?

Regardless, this doesn't seem to be affecting all orders unless they're taking it really slowly, so I'm curious what the scope is of the cancellation.

Well, I'm on the west coast if it is an issue with their Reno distribution plant.

edit: And it looks like my preorder was placed in early November, so maybe that has something to do with why I was one of the people to get the cancellation emails first? Maybe they do have some stock, but only enough to go to the people who preordered right when the game hit Amazon?
Last edited by Chris R; 03-17-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Past

Originally Posted by FinKL

Hmm thinking the Premium Edition will be hard to find down the line even though Persona is super niche. I went ahead a preordered it on BestBuy figuring it would probably be cool to have the plush and bag.
Newegg, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy also still have it up

Persona is definitely not super niche.
Megawarrior
Um how can a customer notify them of a defect if it isn't even out yet
Fourman
My November 2016 pre-order is still there.
LiK
The guy who got it early showed pics and I didn't see anything wrong with it. Maybe the materials they used for the steelbook is bad? But that doesn't make sense either.
Mieu
I'll have Elizabeth cast Megido on the person at fault of sh*t happens with my preorder.
Count of Monte Sawed-Off
un33dab@dpu$$y
Mine is still open. I guess if they cancel it, I'll just go digital.
Rellik

Originally Posted by dgco86

Just checked, my Steelbook and TYH Premium Edition preorders that got cancelled were both placed back in June 2016. I wonder why only certain orders are affected...

Oh and here's the funny thing, I was able to place a new order for the steelbook edition and have it shipped directly to Singapore.

I think they cancel in waves.

Originally Posted by Megawarrior

Someone had a copy sent to them. It was even posted on here, but I'm not sure if it was from Amazon?
Pandora012
(03-17-2017, 05:49 PM)

Maybe they accidentally shipped some, and a valued customer noticed a defect!
wig
My TYH order has not been canceled. I placed my order right when it went up on Amazon. I'll be so upset if it ends up getting canceled. I wonder what's wrong with the batch they received.
muteki
My special edition still shows arriving April 4th.
LiquidGabx
Mine was the Take your heart edition :(. The Amazon rep gave me $10 for the inconvenience. Had a friend who received a cancellation email for the steel book edition too.
benbeaux
Had my pre-order for the TYH edition in since June. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. It's like, the game I've been waiting for. I've been waiting ever since they announced a 2014 (ha) release, please don't do this to me Atlus.
Lord of Ostia

Originally Posted by charlequin

Tbh it seems like a lie, or a miscommunication. They likely took too many orders and are canceling them. Amazon customer service reps aren't exactly reliable sources of information, they will tell you an item will arrive on time even if it hasn't shipped yet and you were supposed to already get it.
Hydrus
(03-17-2017, 05:50 PM)
Please Best Buy don't fail me now!
PlatypusDude

Watch it be some asshole troll who is doing this and Amazon just doesn't give a shit. But, yeah that's the oddest part of this whole thing.
Dierce
What country are you in OP? I'm in the US and my pre-order of the Take Your Heart edition hasn't been canceled. I hope it doesn't, Ive been looking forward to this game for a long time.
Calm Mind
Only thing I can think that can be defective is the Blu-Ray's. It's not as uncommon as one might think. If my guess is right, it might be a first for videogames. This all conjecture on my part of course.
pahamrick
My TYH version is still live (for now) pre-ordered the day preorders went up, I think (June 8th).

Man, I hope this doesn't get cancelled. Its already paid off and I've been looking forward to it for months.
Cess007
Not mail yet, but now I'll be checking my mail constantly. Hopefully they receive another batch and can fulfill all the pre-orders!
SheHateMe

Originally Posted by BiggNife

If this is truly a manufacturing issue, then best buy preorders will probably be canceled too.

Yeah, that's true.

However, I'm hoping that BB already has their stock and "doesn't care" so to speak. LOL

Either or, I'm just not ready to give up the TYH edition.
twentytwo22
In Utah, my Take Your Heart hasn't been cancelled from Amazon.
Jeronimo Jones
(03-17-2017, 05:51 PM)
I had already switched my order from Amazon to Best Buy for a better deal, but if necessary and that gets cancelled, I'll just switch to download.

I don't remember seeing a non steelbook edition at Best Buy when I ordered.
HalfJoey
My steel book version from Amazon US hasn't been canceled yet. I pre-ordered it on March 11th.
PikkonX
I think this is my most anticipated game in my entire life. Don't do this to me Atlus/Amazon/manufacturing plant.

TYH edition not yet cancelled.
pahamrick
You'd think if it was a wide spread issue, that guy who got one early would have had a damaged one.
Ninja Kn1ght
My Amazon order was cancelled, too. I assumed it was an issue with shipping some part of it to Europe. My Gamestop order still lives for now...
CrimsonFist

Originally Posted by Rellik

I think they cancel in waves.

Someone had a copy sent to them. It was even posted on here, but I'm not sure if it was from Amazon?

It was from an Amazon Seller.
Neoxon
(03-17-2017, 05:52 PM)
Oh, so it's a defect issue. That makes a lot more sense.
pablito
(03-17-2017, 05:52 PM)
My Take Your Heart edition is still there. Don't do this to me, Amazon lol.