• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 02:53 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laiza


This stupid meme will never die.

Looking forward to the third season.

This is literally the cockroach of memes.
LotusHD
Member
(10-02-2017, 03:08 AM)
LotusHD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laiza


This stupid meme will never die.

Looking forward to the third season.

I think someone posted this in here quite a long time ago lol
Pieman0920
Member
(10-02-2017, 03:08 AM)
Pieman0920's Avatar
If you can't appreciate that meme, then I'm sorry, but it's your Loss.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 03:09 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pieman0920

If you can't appreciate that meme, then I'm sorry, but it's your Loss.

..............No
Ezalc
Member
(10-02-2017, 03:23 AM)
Ezalc's Avatar
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 03:42 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ezalc

So this is how the fandom is gonna survive until Season 3, with memes.

To be fair, the JoJo fanbase is able to sustain itself outside of the manga with memes during the painful wait for Part 5's anime adaptation. I guess a steady stream of MHA memes for a few months won't kill me.
Twig and Berries
Member
(10-02-2017, 03:45 AM)
Twig and Berries's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

This is literally the cockroach of memes.

Taken from the cockroach of webcomics so its fitting
ShadyK54
Member
(10-02-2017, 03:52 AM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ezalc

Lol.
Nightbird
Member
(10-02-2017, 01:26 PM)
Nightbird's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

So this is how the fandom is gonna survive until Season 3, with memes.

To be fair, the JoJo fanbase is able to sustain itself outside of the manga with memes during the painful wait for Part 5's anime adaptation. I guess a steady stream of MHA memes for a few months won't kill me.

At this point I am convinced that Season 3 will start airing before we get any news on Part 5 >.>
Kickz
Member
(10-02-2017, 01:32 PM)
Kickz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jintor



please protect this innocent smile

Damn, the anime art doea not do him justice at all😕
NotLiquid
Member
(10-02-2017, 01:50 PM)
NotLiquid's Avatar
Without giving anything away from the manga, Season 3 will probably demand some of Bones' most insane animation work yet.

BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(10-02-2017, 01:56 PM)
BatDan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

This is literally the cockroach of memes.

It's not a meme. It has transcended into art. We are approaching it's 10th anniversary and there are always new ways to use it. That is the power of Loss
Poodlestrike
Member
(10-02-2017, 02:08 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kickz

Damn, the anime art doea not do him justice at all😕

They fudged up the USJ reveal too, I just don't think they can do the sudden horror style transition it required.
caliph95
Member
(10-02-2017, 02:11 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

They fudged up the USJ reveal too, I just don't think they can do the sudden horror style transition it required.

Problem is definitely the lack of details the manga had and the anime is too clean
Lunar15
Member
(10-02-2017, 02:34 PM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

Without giving anything away from the manga, Season 3 will probably demand some of Bones' most insane animation work yet.

I'd be fine if they saved most of their budget for the part we're both thinking of.
ShadyK54
Member
(10-02-2017, 02:36 PM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by NotLiquid

Without giving anything away from the manga, Season 3 will probably demand some of Bones' most insane animation work yet.

Season 3 to be a smash hit like Season 2 confirmed.
NSESN
Member
(10-02-2017, 02:55 PM)
NSESN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

They fudged up the USJ reveal too, I just don't think they can do the sudden horror style transition it required.

No. It isn't nowhere near as bad, the scene last episode actually had an impact despite being less detailed the manga, in USJ they didn't even make the effort.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(10-02-2017, 11:40 PM)
Jintor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kickz

Damn, the anime art doea not do him justice at all😕

maybe it'll get redone in bluerays. first season shiragaki face definitely fucked up. But there's only so much you can do for a colour medium that still needs to be animated.
Aiii
So not worth it
(10-02-2017, 11:42 PM)
Aiii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

I'd be fine if they saved most of their budget for the part we're both thinking of.

You know they are going all out for that, itís not even a question.
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(10-06-2017, 12:17 AM)
Trojita's Avatar
ASilentProtagonist
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:40 AM)
ASilentProtagonist's Avatar
Just started reading the manga, and All-Might just sent Nomu through the roof.

I'm fucking hooked. I hope the anime did this epicness justice.
NSESN
Member
(10-06-2017, 01:48 AM)
NSESN's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASilentProtagonist

Just started reading the manga, and All-Might just sent Nomu through the roof.

I'm fucking hooked. I hope the anime did this epicness justice.

Oh boy. If you liked that in the manga, I don't know how you will react to the anime.
SoulUnison
Member
(10-06-2017, 08:07 PM)
SoulUnison's Avatar
If 4Kids had gotten MHA, Izuku Midoriya would 100% be "Issac Greene." And "Deku" would probably be something like "Zack."
Last edited by SoulUnison; 10-06-2017 at 08:15 PM.
StoneFox
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:16 PM)
StoneFox's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoulUnison

If 4Kids had gotten MHA, Izuku Midoriya would 100% be "Issac Greene." And "Deku" would probably be something like "Zack."

Nah, he would be Dumbo. Same amount of syllables.
Lakuza
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:25 PM)
Lakuza's Avatar
how would todoroki have gotten his scar in the 4kids version? would he even have a scar?
HabeeNo
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:28 PM)
HabeeNo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Plus Ultra cute
ShadyK54
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:42 PM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakuza

how would todoroki have gotten his scar in the 4kids version? would he even have a scar?

Light face paint.
SoulUnison
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:55 PM)
SoulUnison's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakuza

how would todoroki have gotten his scar in the 4kids version? would he even have a scar?

It'd be edited out of every single shot of him and his mom's condition would be changed to a general "sadness/heartbreak."
caliph95
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:22 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
Stain the Hero Killer would be Stain the anti hero

Bakugo won't say die he would say fall

Froppy will make frog puns

Shiggy doesn't disintegrate people just numb them

All might isn't injured but sick and spits saliva not blood
NEO0MJ
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:38 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar
What about Midnight?
Moaradin
Member
(10-06-2017, 11:38 PM)
Moaradin's Avatar
All her scenes are cut
Philippo
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:56 AM)
Philippo's Avatar
What about Mineta
kirblar
Member
(10-07-2017, 08:58 AM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Philippo

What about Mineta

Replaced with Grimace. Everyone rejoices.
caliph95
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:50 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
So many opportunities for puns

Todoroki will switch between ice and fire puns

Bakugo explosion puns

Iida wil make speed and engine puns
BassForever
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:51 PM)
BassForever's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

So many opportunities for puns

Todoroki will switch between ice and fire puns

Bakugo explosion puns

Iida wil make speed and engine puns

All Might would make America puns
caliph95
Member
(10-07-2017, 12:54 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
Oh shit All Might would be a bad parody of Captain America
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 05:28 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar
The dub for the Deku/Bakugo vs. All Might fight was released today on FunimationNow, & it actually improved two things about the episode for me.
  • If you recall, when Bakugo & Deku first used their "Blast All Might & get the hell out" strategy, Bakugo was thinking "You're pissing me off! Who'd work...with someone like you...?...Like you!" in the Japanese version, which is a bit weird considering that nobody in Class 1-A has a problem with Deku besides Bakugo. The dub changed this to "I can't believe I'm working with someone like you, someone who shouldn't even be here!", which I feel fits Bakugo's character better. Bakugo may be prideful, but he isn't an idiot. He's likely aware that he's the only one with any beef against Midoriya, & changing the line to reflect that was a smart move on Funimation's part. I also like how they threw in the "someone who shouldn't even be here" part, which also shows off Bakugo's ongoing resentment for Deku forcing Bakugo to share the spotlight as the first two students from their middle school to get into UA.
  • It's a bit of a small thing, but All Might now says in the dub "It's time for you both to die!", in which Bakugo responds "THAT'S MY LINE!!!" after he bounces back from getting Tiger Knee'd on the chin. It's nothing insightful for Bakugo or All Might, but it's just a little thing that I appreciate.
NSESN
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:44 PM)
NSESN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

The dub for the Deku/Bakugo vs. All Might fight was released today on FunimationNow, & it actually improved two things about the episode for me.

  • If you recall, when Bakugo & Deku first used their "Blast All Might & get the hell out" strategy, Bakugo was thinking "You're pissing me off! Who'd work...with someone like you...?...Like you!" in the Japanese version, which is a bit weird considering that nobody in Class 1-A has a problem with Deku besides Bakugo. The dub changed this to "I can't believe I'm working with someone like you, someone who shouldn't even be here!", which I feel fits Bakugo's character better. Bakugo may be prideful, but he isn't an idiot. He's likely aware that he's the only one with any beef against Midoriya, & changing the line to reflect that was a smart move on Funimation's part. I also like how they threw in the "someone who shouldn't even be here" part, which also shows off Bakugo's ongoing resentment for Deku forcing Bakugo to share the spotlight as the first two students from their middle school to get into UA.
  • It's a bit of a small thing, but All Might now says in the dub "It's time for you both to die!", in which Bakugo responds "THAT'S MY LINE!!!" after he bounces back from getting Tiger Knee'd on the chin. It's nothing insightful for Bakugo or All Might, but it's just a little thing that I appreciate.

I am waiting until the dub ends to catch up with it, but the change seems good.
The Look Away
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 07:29 PM)
The Look Away's Avatar
Yo, it's probably already been asked to death but what chapter would you start from if you've just finished season 2?
ShadyK54
Member
(10-07-2017, 07:35 PM)
ShadyK54's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Look Away

Yo, it's probably already been asked to death but what chapter would you start from if you've just finished season 2?

I've said 68 before, but it's actually Chapter 70 (Volume 8).
The Look Away
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 07:39 PM)
The Look Away's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadyK54

I've said 68 before, but it's actually Chapter 70 (Volume 8).

Thank you, your a gentleman and a scholar
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-08-2017, 12:39 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by NSESN

I am waiting until the dub ends to catch up with it, but the change seems good.

It should be done by next week.
caliph95
Member
(10-08-2017, 12:40 AM)
caliph95's Avatar
We did hear Dabi and Toga dub voices
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-08-2017, 01:25 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

We did hear Dabi and Toga dub voices

Yup, & they arenít bad casting choices.
PaulBizkit
Member
(10-08-2017, 06:56 AM)
PaulBizkit's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASilentProtagonist

Just started reading the manga, and All-Might just sent Nomu through the roof.

I'm fucking hooked. I hope the anime did this epicness justice.

watch both anime seasons and then read the manga. The anime is awesome, way better than the manga
Bounceounce
Member
(10-08-2017, 07:00 AM)
Bounceounce's Avatar

Originally Posted by PaulBizkit

watch both anime seasons and then read the manga. The anime is awesome, way better than the manga

Eh, I'll take some moments in the anime over the manga, but as a whole I definitely wouldn't call it better.
PK Gaming
Member
(10-08-2017, 07:17 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neoxon

The dub for the Deku/Bakugo vs. All Might fight was released today on FunimationNow, & it actually improved two things about the episode for me.

  • If you recall, when Bakugo & Deku first used their "Blast All Might & get the hell out" strategy, Bakugo was thinking "You're pissing me off! Who'd work...with someone like you...?...Like you!" in the Japanese version, which is a bit weird considering that nobody in Class 1-A has a problem with Deku besides Bakugo. The dub changed this to "I can't believe I'm working with someone like you, someone who shouldn't even be here!", which I feel fits Bakugo's character better. Bakugo may be prideful, but he isn't an idiot. He's likely aware that he's the only one with any beef against Midoriya, & changing the line to reflect that was a smart move on Funimation's part. I also like how they threw in the "someone who shouldn't even be here" part, which also shows off Bakugo's ongoing resentment for Deku forcing Bakugo to share the spotlight as the first two students from their middle school to get into UA.
  • It's a bit of a small thing, but All Might now says in the dub "It's time for you both to die!", in which Bakugo responds "THAT'S MY LINE!!!" after he bounces back from getting Tiger Knee'd on the chin. It's nothing insightful for Bakugo or All Might, but it's just a little thing that I appreciate.

Yep, this checks out

The dub's script is as amazing as always
XAL
Member
(10-08-2017, 07:49 AM)
XAL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Philippo

likusgad

hey buddy

no fucken manga spoilers

thanks
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(10-08-2017, 01:21 PM)
Trojita's Avatar
Artist is Ekita玄
Neoxon
Junior Member
(10-08-2017, 05:20 PM)
Neoxon's Avatar

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

Yep, this checks out

The dub's script is as amazing as always

Yup, itís why I have confidence in a dub done by Funimation.

Thread Tools