• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 60G available at Bestbuy.com

Shawn

Banned
Wow, I can't believe it's actually available.

Edit:

Wait a second. If PS3 is becoming fairly easy to find now, why is it that Nintendo's Wii is still nearly impossible to find?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Shawn said:

Edit:

Wait a second. If PS3 is becoming fairly easy to find now, why is it that Nintendo's Wii is still nearly impossible to find?

Let's see:

1. Price
2. Interest
3. # of Units available

Take your pick.

Stealth troll FTL Shawn

{Mike}

Banned
Do we need a new PS3 availability thread everyday? I mean it's not even hard anymore to get one, stop hyping it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, PS3 is to the point I would almost say of just being available. target here actually had units in stock two days in a row. you probably wouldn't have to run to more than 4 stores to find one.

waiting to see how taxes pan out. TV first, business second, PS3 third.

Shawn said:

Edit:

Not really the right thread to ask, but anyway...

*snip*

Edit: Sorry Sonycowboy, saw your post to late. I'll repost it in the other thread.

Vangellis

Honestly I seen a bunch sitting in EB, target etc. Everytime Ive been to the mall recently Ive seen them. Im in a very populated area too... maybe I just live where people dont like the PS3 lol. On the other hand good luck getting a wii, they have been sold out day one here.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Shawn said:
Edit:

Because the demand for the Wii is at least 1000% higher than the PS3. I can easily see 300 million Wiis being sold this generation. But probably 10 million PS3s in the same time frame.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Crackerman16 said:
Yet another trolling thread. Guaranteed lock once real mods wake up...

Either that or just keep it open and ban anyone who keeps trolling after sonycowboy's warning, increasing the duration with each ban.

Shawn

Banned
Look, I'm just bitter that I haven't been able to find a Wii anywhere since launch. Sorry if I offended anyone.

SuperPac

EMBee99 said:
And yet...no 20 gig versions?

Yeah, for some reason this week Best Buy was only pushing the 60GB. That was all that was available in-store and that's all that's available online. Not sure why.

SuperPac said:
Yeah, for some reason this week Best Buy was only pushing the 60GB. That was all that was available in-store and that's all that's available online. Not sure why.

Heh, probably because Sony loses less money on the 60GB systems.

Leewan

I talked to a guy who worked at a circuit city in Rome, GA yesterday who told me their store got a shipment of PS3s. I stopped in to buy some DVDs this morning and they were still available. If they equaled the price of the 360 there would probably fly off the shelf.

andthebeatgoeson

Why does the bundle give you an HDMI cable? They only put component cables in the system? BTW, the bundle seems to give you a HDMI cable for free.

koam

Attack of the show had a segment yesterday where they were talking about the sluggish ps3 sales and how you can find them now. Seems like it's not just an internet thing.

castle007

Banned
I am not surprised that they are selling them online. I have been seeing 14 PS3 units sitting in Best Buy for 3 days. And they are still there.

Same goes for PS3s in Target.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
castle007 said:
I am not surprised that they are selling them online. I have been seeing 14 PS3 units sitting in Best Buy for 3 days. And they are still there.

Same goes for PS3s in Target.

You know, they could be moving in more units from the back of the house as they sell on the floor. I'm sure the initial frenzy is dying down, but I find it hard to believe that they aren't selling at all.

SuperPac

skinnyrattler said:
Why does the bundle give you an HDMI cable? They only put component cables in the system? BTW, the bundle seems to give you a HDMI cable for free.

But...the system comes with a regular ol' RCA composite cable. So the "HD bundle" would of course have to include something to hook it up with.

I can't believe these haven't sold out yet. Last time Best Buy had PS3s they were gone in minutes, and now they can't give them away (or so it seems). Just out of curiousity, I wonder if Wii would be this slow to sell if they had them in stock (not trolling). Maybe it's something to do with Best Buy's site, and doesn't reflect actual sales? I refuse to believe the waivering PS3 demand rumors.

Top Bottom