• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #306: Cover for June is ARMS

Principate

Saint Titanfall
arms-edge-spring-man-656x869.jpg

Nintendo’s stunning new fighting game lands the killer blow for Switch

Feels like Nintendo's marketing campaign for this gam is going to start ramping up very soon.

Subscriber Issue Cover

Alienfan

I'm still not convinced that this game will be good or worth anywhere near $60 - but the art style is gorgeous, hopefully they're planning an artbook

silva1991

Review scores?

I'm still not convinced that this game will be good or worth anywhere near $60 - but the art style is gorgeous, hopefully they're planning an artbook

Yeah I love the artstyle, but that's it. I'm not a big fan of fighting games in general and I dislike gimmicks even more.

The Twitter account has been teasing one of the "hidden" new characters from the direct (green blob with DNA arms). I wonder if he'll show up in EDGE then.

Nice to see Nintendo pushing this game. (iirc, Splatoon had an EDGE cover, too).

Deft Beck

To be fair, Spring Man is the Ryu of the game or, in a more recent example, the Inkling Girl of the game (the main character, the one who's front-&-center).

Basically. Chun-li gets about as much spotlight as Ryu does, comparatively.

Anyway, glad to see that Spring Man's boxing career is more lucrative than his teaching career:

0LUUfGw.png

KodaRuss

Been keeping my eye on this game. Whenever I get a switch it will probably be a day 1 purchase as well. Looks like a fun game that would be perfect to play with my wife and son.

maxcriden

Are quotes from the article allowed or are those considered equally bad as scans? I saw a link with some interesting quotes and wanted to post it.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Dude bro I just came

Need to get me a copy

This game looks like a Pixar movie.

There is no game company with better artstyle than Nintendo. Literally hands down the best especially for world wide appeal. Its so pleasing.

Are quotes from the article allowed or are those considered equally bad as scans? I saw a link with some interesting quotes and wanted to post it.

I think a couple of quotes are okay, as long as it's not basically the whole article. Edge is a quality magazine that deserves every sale.

silva1991

how do you qualify what is or is not a gimmick?

By gimmicks I mean stuff like motion controls and I dislike them(don't consider normal controllers/keyboard gimmicky)

I'm not sure if they are 100% required in this game or optional tho.

Via NintendoEverything.com:

Yooka-Laylee – 6
Mass Effect: Andromeda – 7
Little Nightmares – 8
Snake Pass – 7
The Sexy Brutale – 8
Outlast 2 – 5
LEGO Worlds – 6
Everything – 7
Korix – 7

Thanks

Good score for Little Nightmares.

I wonder if they gave the first Outlast a similar score.

Top Bottom