• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Crosses 10 million Xbox 360s Shipped,Announces Xbox 360 Can Be IPTV Set-Top

GhaleonEB

Microsoft is also dropping something of a bomb at the show. Jim Brady, a spokesman for Microsoft, said Gates and Bach will say in the keynote speech Sunday night at the Venetian Hotel that the Xbox 360 will be able to serve as a set-top box for IPTV, or Internet protocol television. The details on this announcement are sketchy and Brady says only that it will appear later this year.
Certainly reinforces the bigger HDD version from the other thread.

10.4m - target exceeded, by a bit. Shipped, of course.

HyperionX

Watch, NPD will announce they've sold ~1 million in December. What they've shipped means nothing, since any they've shipped before the end of the year will only takes away from 1H07 sales.

AniHawk

Branduil said:
I thought they originally said their goal was to sell 10 million within 1 year?

It was 10 million before the competition launched.

But hey, who's keeping track OF THEIR LIES

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
_leech_ said:
Wasn't the initial goal 10 million by the time the PS3 launches?

10 Million systems before competitors even hit the market, or something like that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sp0rsk said:
10 Million systems before competitors even hit the market, or something like that.

10 million in gamers' hands before blah blah blah

It's not their original goal, but it's nice.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
GhaleonEB said:
Blasphemy!

Yes, it's shipped. MS has always reported shipped. Probably closer to ~8m sold.

Don't all other corporations in this home video game console business do the same thing. I mean, it's only for your company's own good.

If you were in charge of a corporation like this, wouldn't you do the same thing? I would. Sony does it, Microsoft does it, Nintendo does it.

Just wait, I'm going to be quoted and someone's going to tell me what a dumb@$$ I am and how I don't know anything. I'm ready.

GhaleonEB

sp0rsk said:
AniHawk said:

Branduil said:
I thought they originally said their goal was to sell 10 million within 1 year?
_leech_ said:
Wasn't the initial goal 10 million by the time the PS3 launches?
I think that was the goal early this year, which they definately missed. However, as of the end of June (when their fiscal year ended) it was revised to 10m by end of year. So that's been the publicly stated, oft-reiterated goal for six months now. Where have you guys been? :p

Branduil

AniHawk said:

They could always claim the Wii is after a different marketplace and the PS3 is too supply-limited to count. Thus they've "sold" 10 million before any "real" competition has appeared.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Y2Kevbug11 said:
10 million in gamers' hands before blah blah blah

It's not their original goal, but it's nice.
02ea74d4-a744-41e6-a9a2-773afc676fca.hmedium.jpg

Is nice.

hadareud said:
south africa
DAMN YOU SOUTH AFRICA!

GhaleonEB

chubigans said:
From that link:

The fiery-mouthed Moore from Microsoft tossed another taunt toward the competition today. Using the visibility of the opening keynote address at this week's ELSPA Games Summit, Moore predicted that Xbox 360 sales would reach 10 million units before the end of the console's first 16 months at retail.
Isn't that in February? ZOMG they're ahead of schedule.

Dirtbag

AniHawk said:

Want to play this game with Sony?

I can tell you how its going to end.... with me banned most likely, and you frustrated.

LJ11

Dirtbag 504 said:
Want to play this game with Sony?

I can tell you how its going to end.... with me banned most likely, and you frustrated.

Tell him about Nintendo, he will get more upset that way.

Top Bottom