• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That RDR2 Leaked Image Is Actually Wild West Online, PvP MMO for the PC

Alexious

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-on..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Yesterday a leaked image started circulating on a Grand Theft Auto forum showing a cowboy that looked an awful lot like John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. Unlike what many assumed, this wasn't Red Dead Redemption 2, but it could be a PC gamer's best chance to eke out a living on the frontier. Wild West Online is an open-world PvP MMO that wears its inspirations on its dusty, sun-bleached sleeves. Players will form gangs to either break or defend the law, roam the hinterlands, or settle in for a game of cards at the local saloon. In PC Gamer's exclusive reveal, I sat down with Stephan Bugaj creative vice president of publisher DJ2, to find out more.

I'm up for this!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The best advertising for your Wild West game is people thinking its from a another far more highly anticipated Wild West game. Its brilliant marketing. Genius. I bet the developers were loving this.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
MMO Wild West ?

Actually sounds pretty interesting. Didn't think it was red dead though, the art style was a tad off

dex3108

Steam Early Access launch around RDR2 launch =

giphy.gif

Jeremy

The best advertising for your Wild West game is people thinking its from a another far more highly anticipated Wild West game. Its brilliant marketing. Genius. I bet the developers were loving this.

I hadn't heard of this game until today. Regardless, I'm super skeptical of any MMO release but I know the name now and am at least slightly interested enough to see how it progresses. I think it's pretty effective.

Wagram

Not going to lie. I thought that screenshot was pretty lacking graphically for Red Dead Redemption so this is good news.

Alexious

I hadn't heard of this game until today. Regardless, I'm super skeptical of any MMO release but I know the name now and am at least slightly interested enough to see how it progresses. I think it's pretty effective.

I'm googling and can't find anything about it, honestly, though PC Gamer says the company is "newly formed".

Hari Seldon

Kickstarting an MMO project that is only asking for 250k sounds like a real bad idea lol. You probably need to add at least 2 zeroes to that if you want to make an MMO.

Top Bottom