• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay 2 trailer (XB1/PC, Spring 2018)

cripterion

Wow I love the first one but not only the trailer looked like shit and dated, but this isn't coming out till 2018?! What the fuck have they been doing all this time?

Microsoft's response to Days Gone and Last of Us Part II?

Seriously dude?

It's almost if the 2 wasn't enough to indicate this is a sequel to a game that came out before Days Gone or TLoU2 were even announced.

Trailer didn't look great, I'm honestly disappointed. Just looks like a higher resolution/better textured version of the first game. Let's see some of the new features, why not show some of the new areas...this was a poor first gameplay trailer.

The only thing that could draw me into this game is a gigantic map that plays differently each playthrough. A polished up redo of the first game does not interest me.

Grisby

Looked good to me. More State of Decay is what I want. I just hope they've been taking this time to really polish the game.
Days Gone is gonna dumpster all over this. This was a really poor showing from SoD2,
Is it going to have a lot of the same systems as SOD2? Haven;t been keeping up with that game outside of the reveal trailer.

Tagg9

Looks like a ton of variety but the animations seemed really poor. Hopefully they have time to improve before launch.

Looked good to me. More State of Decay is what I want. I just hope they've been taking this time to really polish the game.

Is it going to have a lot of the same systems as SOD2? Haven;t been keeping up with that game outside of the reveal trailer.

From what I've heard, yes, it's a similar type of game as SoD.

Zasa

I'm not feeling this at all tbh, I'll wait to watch a stream of it or something to see how it plays.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Days Gone is gonna dumpster all over this. This was a really poor showing from SoD2,

Days Gone looks like a completely different kind of game other than it has Zombies in it.

I'm unbelievably excited for this game. Between the 360, XB1, and Steam versions, I have like 400 hours put into the first one.

Shin-Ra

Environments looks decent to begin with then characters appear, animate and interact super janky.

I appreciated the the first game and was ok with the jank. Did not expect it to carry over into the sequel this time around, and would hope it had alot more polish and become a heavy hitter for xbox. Glad it still has more dev time.

This looks absolutely terrible, the church safehouse looks copy pasted from the original game. :/

I was hoping for an actual city too this time, instead of rural township.

The shooting straight looked janky as fuck like the first game.

Elixist

Seriously dude?

It's almost if the 2 wasn't enough to indicate this is a sequel to a game that came out before Days Gone or TLoU2 were even announced.

Trailer didn't look great, I'm honestly disappointed. Just looks like a higher resolution/better textured version of the first game. Let's see some of the new features, why not show some of the new areas...this was a poor first gameplay trailer.

ya. not the best showing. show some of the new shit, one of your toons getting ripped in half was amazing, of course not geting spoiled too much is nice too.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
This looks absolutely terrible, the church safehouse looks copy pasted from the original game. :/

I was hoping for an actual city too this time, instead of rural township.

The shooting straight looked janky as fuck like the first game.

Didn't they say there was going to be 3 unique maps? I'm completely ok with them recreating the original map as one of them. I was thrilled to see the church still alive and kicking!

Elixist

Honestly kinda shocked they showed it off like this. Animations were early-360 level type stuff.

ya i thought with the success of the first game that MS would invest more and smooth some of the jank and that this game would blow us away. im still hyped for the game systems. the first game was alot of fun

Top Bottom