• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout4VR arrives on HTC Vive this October.

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jspdtha3t1k

Fallout 4, the legendary post-apocalyptic adventure from Bethesda Game Studios and winner of more than 200 ‘Best Of' awards, including the DICE and BAFTA Game of the Year, finally comes in its entirety to VR. Fallout 4 VR includes the complete core game with all-new combat, crafting, and building systems fully reimagined for virtual reality. The freedom of exploring the wasteland comes alive like never before.
https://fallout4.com/games/fallout-vr

Experience Fallout 4's massive world like you never imagined. #Fallout4VR arrives on @htcvive this October. #BE3
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/874116801466048513

Tigress

Even the Pro can't get locked 60fps on Fallout 4. And that's the bare minimum for VR.

Yeah, this is why I held off on buying the PSVR. Fallout 4 was the first VR game that looked like I'd buy hardware for it and I was absolutely sure no way it was coming to PSVR cause yeah, when FPS is important to not getting motion sick, can't really expect a device that can't even run the game at 60 FPS to be able to do VR with it.

PSVR version will probably take some finagling. The hardware will likely struggle and camera tracking may be an issue if it's like what we think it is.

So psyched about this, not that I care that much about Fallout 4, just that it's going to be one of the first real "killer apps" on the platform. Likely will get me to buy the Vive 2.0.

low-G

Yeah, hope it works with Oculus via OpenVR or whatever, but I could see Bethesda basically vindicting it into brokeness.

Crayon

I was hoping for psvr but if the game is too heavy to work then I understand. Hope it turns out well.

Wallach

Hope Oculus is suported. As that's the only headset I have.

It should be, they'd have to really go out of their way to make it not work with OpenVR. Even if not out of the box, people wlil just remove whatever bullshit is in the way. Doesn't seem worth the effort or negative PR.

BizzyBum

I won't be getting this because I have an Oculus instead and no way am I buying a first generation Vive just for this game but hopefully it does well.

The DOOM VR looked really bad,

Steel

Banned
I won't be getting this because I have an Oculus instead and no way am I buying a first generation Vive just for this game but hopefully it does well.

The DOOM VR looked really bad,

I doubt that this won't work with Oculus. Even games that don't have the Oculus label on steam work on VR.

Thoraxes

Legit surprised at no announced Touch support, though if it's through Steam everything should work the same anyways, which is fine.

No psvr? Bahhhhh

vive first then psvr, mark my words

PSVR version will probably take some finagling. The hardware will likely struggle and camera tracking may be an issue if it's like what we think it is.

So psyched about this, not that I care that much about Fallout 4, just that it's going to be one of the first real "killer apps" on the platform. Likely will get me to buy the Vive 2.0.

no PSVR - considering it has the largest install base is a funny one.

shame its FO4 though. I couldn't even finish it on PC.

I dont think you all understand how much power VR takes, and how little even a PS4 Pro has.

Considering how badly normal Bethesda games run on console, there is a zero percent chance that they could render them twice and get 90fps.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

Bummer. Having owned all the dlc with the game I was hoping for a discount considering I've played the content at least a half dozen times already.

Still, probably going to pick it up as there aren't enough triple AAA games on the Vive and I can imagine the experience will be amazing.

watershed

Banned
Serious question: Do we know how well this game will run? Because Fallout 4 was a janky, glitchy mess and I don't want to experience any of that in VR.

I dont think you all understand how much power VR takes, and how little even a PS4 Pro has.

Considering how badly normal Bethesda games run on console, there is a zero percent chance that they could render them twice and get 90fps.

Oh no, I totally do understand, I just was trying not to be a dick. Finagling means you're getting it at 720p resolution, 60fps interpolated to a higher frame-rate. And likely would still have drops.

The CPU is really just not capable. The GPU is essentially a 470/480 with a lower clock, so take that as you will.

120v

hope it's not all whack playing with Touch... probably the only chance i'll get to play an honest to god open world VR game anytime soon

Ooooo, no teleport. Nice.

I bet it's in there and rightfully so, the "teleport is meh" people (even Jeff Gerstman) is missing perspective in regard to many people that can't deal with artificial motion in VR.

If it's a good VR implementation then it has both, free locomotion and teleportation, at the same time. Like other games already have (The Solus Project for example)

Very excited to get this. I hope they're still planning to put multiple locomotion options in. I have a lot of unanswered questions.

Hopefully we'll get a bunch of hands-on impressions this week!

Tigress

For me if I get this game it will be the cheapest cost seeing as I don't have a Windows PC nor a vr helmet of any type :(

But I want vr and a game I could be excited to play (and not just to play with vr) I just wish I could have gotten away with getting the psvr instead as I already have the PS4 and the helmet is cheaper.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WHAT. Surely not. I assumed this was a free update? Man. Hype gone if true.

Publishers put up store pages, not Valve based on information provided, so the price is unlikely to be a mistake. It's possible there's supposed to be a loyalty discount, though.

Top Bottom