• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2017 announced - Los Angeles, December 7

I really wish they'd bump The Game Awards to January. There are always great releases in the last two months of the year.

My GOTY is Nier: Automata, hands down. It was a once-in-a-lifetime gaming experience for me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hopefully they get bigger reveals this year.

I just hope they keep working on the presentation and pacing side of things. I find it a little off putting that major awards are barely given any recognition and even given totally off stage and a bunch marketing and PR BS is given center stage. I don't mind it now and again but not a fan of that at all, especially for an awards show.

Sheroking

Can't fathom anything but Zelda winning this year.

Subjectivity being what it is, but nothing has had a comparable reception.

rhandino

Banned
What's your current GOTY?
Breath of the Wild.

Like, has anything else released after it?

careyitsds.gif

j/k

Good on ya, Geoff. Glad the show is happening again this year. Keep messin with the format, you'll get there.

Really glad and proud to have Geoff as part of the industry. Dude is a hustler, period.

SalvaPot

Zelda deserves it, but it probably released too early in the year to be considered by December. Usually current hype wins the GOTY awards.

Realeza

Banned
Zelda deserves it, but it probably released too early in the year to be considered by December. Usually current hype wins the GOTY awards.

Zelda has major DLC packs coming by the end of the year. That should refresh people's memory about how incredible of a game is.

Zelda is my current GotY, and to be honest, I don't see anything else winning as of right now. It's been a while since we've had a game that was so universally praised by critics and fans alike, so I have a hard time seeing anything else winning.

Oxirane

Excited to see which mobile game will beat all of the Switch line up in the 'Best Mobile/Handheld Game' category.

Lunar15

Personal GOTY so far: Persona 5
What's going to win: Zelda
What I hope gets recognition: Nier Automata

I'd be perfectly fine if Zelda won it, it certainly deserves it.

DukeBobby

It's currently Yakuza 0 by a mile, but the new Wolfenstein might have something to say about that.

Also, I've still got to play Zelda, and Mario looks great as well. Good times ahead.

Top Bottom