• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII - Multiplayer Trailer

NYR

No swastikas? Nazis didn't really happen in Sledgehammer's world apparently, it was Germany against the world, apparently.

If they pussy out, I'm cancelling my pre-order. Be realistic and don't white wash. Hope I will be proven wrong.

Krosia

No Swastikas/SS runes in international multiplayer confirmed. Can't wait for the self-proclaimed history buffs to go mad about it.

And before people start raising their pitchforks, theres no swastikas in the trailer most likely so they could release the trailer worldwide including germany where it has to be censored.

Nein. A your assumption is wrong and B in germany nothing has to be censored. The law everything talks about does not exist people. There are games/movies/books with swatikas, big international game devs are just afraid that a problem COULD occure.

And before people start raising their pitchforks, theres no swastikas in the trailer most likely so they could release the trailer worldwide including germany where it has to be censored.

RedRum

Banned
When you can't even tell it is a MP trailer when it's first shown, then it's a shit MP trailer. There was no hype in that at all. Ugh.

Loxley

No swastikas? Nazis didn't really happen in Sledgehammer's world apparently, it was Germany against the world, apparently.

If they pussy out, I'm cancelling my pre-order. Be realistic and don't white wash. Hope I will be proven wrong.

I suppose it's possible that they're keeping swastikas out of the multiplayer but the SP will have them. I guess we'll find out more this week, they'll undoubtedly show more the game off.

Kalentan

I liked the trailer but I also thought it was a SP trailer at first. It was only on closer inspection that I realized it was very MP-ish.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, I'm hoping they don't restrict themselves to Iron Crosses. Treyarch's been doing this for their Zombies mode, and that's fine since it's nonsense anyways, but it would feel off if they hid the icon entirely.

Otherwise, trailer was great.

Nowise10

Lmao, everyone of my friends thought it was campaign gameplay. Why would they not have said anything to show it was multiplayer.

NYR

I suppose it's possible that they're keeping swastikas out of the multiplayer but the SP will have them. I guess we'll find out more this week, they'll undoubtedly show more the game off.
This is fine and I get it, fair point. But we have literally played MP games where you play as terrorists. With that said, I haven't seen a single Nazi in this WWII game.

When it showed that bomb dropping I figured it was multiplayer because it reminded me of how the predator missiles launched. That's a neat way to handle it.

Loxley

It is. Really weird.

Like I get it, show us games... but I felt like they were rushing to get the conference over with. The IW SP gameplay was hype. :(

It's just not an E3 COD presentation without the traditional "In the interest of time...".

Then again, I don't think they've actually done that for a couple of years now.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Yeah, I figured it was multiplayer given the multiple player characters and scenarios. Probably the new War mode, at least in some of the snippets.

Hopefully they show some raw gameplay soon.

The million dollar question is: will there be bots?

They're probably trying to avoid this conversation

8ubGFLt.gif

Kalentan

It's just not an E3 COD presentation without the traditional "In the interest of time...".

Then again, I don't think they've actually done that for a couple of years now.

It actually did happen during the Infinite Warfare demo after they landed on the bridge of the ship.

I'm actually really put off by that trailer...

That took glorifying and fetishizing war to a new level that I didn't enjoy :/

will341

Neo Member
I played so many hours of vCoD and CoD2 MP. I hear some of the same sounds in this trailer and it's fucking awesome. It really hits home for me. I must have sunk probably 10k hours into those games on PC.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
At 1:24 you can hear the voice of a female, "Cover me!" I figure she's the one with the trench gun.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Looked amazing

This, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the colossus, and Spiderman were the peak of E3 and this conference

Along with Wolfenstein and dishonoured 2 DLC

Top Bottom