• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Shiggy
(06-28-2017, 06:26 PM)
That's what NintendoHome reports:

En France, 160 000 SNES Mini seront disponibles lors du lancement de la console.

https://twitter.com/NintendHOME/stat...76204245745665

For the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES they had shipped 84,000 units in total between launch and February 2017.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article...1_4408996.html

The Switch had 105,000 units available at launch:
http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-...-en-france.php

Meanwhile, Amazon, Auchan, and FNAC have all sold out already.
Midas
(06-28-2017, 06:27 PM)
160K for France only is a lot. Won't be any problem to find a unit.
Sir_Crocodile
(06-28-2017, 06:28 PM)
Wow, that's a lot.

Never heard of NintendoHome before - would they have gotten this info from nintendo directly or retailers or..?
cordy
Praying to the Nintendo Gods that they bestow us in America with a ridiculous amount. Congrats to France though if this is true. I hope you all enjoy one.
Toki767
Double the amount still won't be enough for the US.
Fox Mulder
(06-28-2017, 06:29 PM)
Well we have NoA.
The Omega Man
(06-28-2017, 06:31 PM)
Your move Reggie
-shadow-
This seems like a lot for just France. So here's hoping that the Netherlands will have a lot as well!
PepsimanVsJoe

Originally Posted by Fox Mulder

Well we have NoA.

We're getting half.

Or half of half.

Or half of half of a third.
muteki

Originally Posted by Toki767

Not with everyone buying 20 of them for all their bros, sis's, and cousins.
Astrogavol
(06-28-2017, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Meanwhile, Amazon, Auchan, and FNAC have all sold out already.

Are you sure of that ?
I didn't see anything on their site since the announcement ...
DataGhost
(06-28-2017, 06:32 PM)
Good good, if France has a lot of units, surely NoA has a ton too. right? RIGHT?
Booker.DeWitt
(06-28-2017, 06:33 PM)
I doubt that number man.

too good to be true.

Or it is true and Nintendo is being stupid and not dividing based on population
Shiggy
(06-28-2017, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Astrogavol

Are you sure of that ?
I didn't see anything on their site since the announcement ...

Yeah:
http://jeux-video.fnac.com/Console-N...omnsearchpos=1
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B073BVHY3F/...oding=UTF8&me=
https://www.auchan.fr/nintendo-class...lus/p-c1000252
arhra
(06-28-2017, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by PepsimanVsJoe

We're getting half.

Or half of half.

Or half of half of a third.

You get a controller.

And one of the buttons is wonky and doesn't work properly.
13ruce

Originally Posted by -shadow-

This seems like a lot for just France. So here's hoping that the Netherlands will have a lot as well!

I hope so i just missed the wehkamp pre order today pffff..... i hope i don't miss the bol or nedgame one!

Otherwise Bartsmit and Intertoys open up pre orders 1 day before release nowadays, it's how i still got the Majora's Mask and TP Link Amiibo while it was sold out pre order wise everywhere else.
SinCityAssassin
Hope that means my friend can buy me one.
cordy
(06-28-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by muteki

Not with everyone buying 20 of them for all their bros, sis's, and cousins.

Don't forget their baby's mamas' mamas too.
Herb Alpert
Did I miss Amazon pre orders ? I just checked one hour ago!?!?!
OrbitalBeard
I have no doubt the number of launch units will be much higher than they were for NES Classic and I believe that will be the case on a global scale.

What I'm worried about is how often Nintendo plans on replenishing stock throughout the fall and holiday period.
LordOcidax
Damn... that's a lot. So, i expect at least 1 Million for NA day 1. Please Nintendo, fuck the scalpers this time.
Syriel

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

Your move Reggie

"True fans will wait in line overnight for one. It's part of the experience!" -- Reggie

not really, but it seems like that's the official NOA line
n0razi
(06-28-2017, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by muteki

Not with everyone buying 20 of them for ebay.

FIXED
Koren
(06-28-2017, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Midas

160K for France only is a lot. Won't be any problem to find a unit.

Wehn NES is half that and I never managed to see a single one in stores, and only managed to grab one of the last, I'm not that sure...
indask8
(06-28-2017, 06:40 PM)
Nice that's a lot of units.

As long as they limit to 1 per customers it should be fine.

Should.
OrbitalBeard
(06-28-2017, 06:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Koren

Wehn NES is half that and I never managed to see a single one in stores, and only managed to grab one of the last, I'm not that sure...

NES Classic was half that for most of its production run, not launch day.
Koren
(06-28-2017, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Herb Alpert

Did I miss Amazon pre orders ? I just checked one hour ago!?!?!

It was about three hours ago...

Fnac Fr, Auchan, Amazon.fr and CDiscount all opened their preorders, and I don't think any of them lasted more than 10 minutes.
darkinstinct
The NES was testing the waters, now they want to cash in. Scalpers will cry.
Kouriozan
That's better, but the NES mini was so hard to find that in the end the SNES mini will also be constantly sold out.

Edit : meant at launch, people will be scared because of NES Mini = tons of pre-orders.
Last edited by Kouriozan; 06-28-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Zalman
Good sign. I still think they'll sell every single one they produce. They're going to make so much money this year.
Hopeford
(06-28-2017, 06:44 PM)
Interesting...wonder if I should cancel my GAME preorder then. I'm in Canada and I'd much prefer an American SNES(it's my ugly abomination from childhood dammit), so if stock wouldn't be a problem I can always buy that one. Afraid of canceling that preorder though haha. Figure worst case scenario if I can get both I can always pass on the GAME one to someone here in gaf that couldn't get one in time.
syllogism
(06-28-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

The distributor of Nintendo products in Scandinavia has told retailers that based on their understanding there won't be additional shipments to Scandinavia after the launch. It's difficult to believe, but that's what articles on Nintendo.se, Nintendo.fi and Nintendo.no claim. Many retailers have already sold out that shipment. Nintendo strategy might be to sell out SNES mini before the holidays so that the focus can be on Switch.
Last edited by syllogism; 06-28-2017 at 06:46 PM.
stilgar
(06-28-2017, 06:46 PM)
On the FNAC website (big distributor in France) reservations were closed in minutes.
SinCityAssassin
(06-28-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by syllogism

The distributor of Nintendo products in Scandinavia has told retailers that based on their understanding there won't be additional shipments to Scandinavia after the launch.

So what you're saying is they don't have the official clarity of the statement.
Koren
(06-28-2017, 06:47 PM)

Yes, but since those never stayed online more than a couple hours, I can see a whole lot of those 160k directly sold as preorders, so that it never reach shelves in many places. Seeing how things turned out for NES (many didn't get one), I have no doubt that you'll get a huge preorder campaign.

Switch sold more than 250k in France, half of those at launch, it wasn't easy to find in stores at launch, and I would thing preorder numbers weren't as high as SNES Classic will be (if only because of scalpers).

What I'm worried about is how often Nintendo plans on replenishing stock throughout the fall and holiday period.

How about... never? It's a stretch, but I could see this being a one-shot.
Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew
lapdance transform pants
(06-28-2017, 06:47 PM)
So 16,000 for Canada. Gotcha.
Shiggy
(06-28-2017, 06:48 PM)

Originally Posted by syllogism

The distributor of Nintendo products in Scandinavia has told retailers that based on their understanding there won't be additional shipments to Scandinavia after the launch. It's difficult to believe, but that's what articles on Nintendo.se, Nintendo.fi and Nintendo.no claim. Many retailers have already sold out that shipment.

Bergsala was also the first to tell retailers that the NCM: NES would be discontinued. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were indeed no post-launch shipments. Here's the link for those looking for it: https://www.nintendo.se/nyheter/505-...ainment-system

Originally Posted by SinCityAssassin

So what you're saying is they don't have the official clarity of the statement.

"Vi har från Bergsalas sida kommunicerat med alla våra återförsäljare så de vet exakt vilken volym de kommer att ha att tillgå och i nuläget finns ingen indikation på att vi kommer att få tillgång till fler konsoler i Sverige."

We at Bergsala have communicated with retailers so that they know exactly how many systems they are getting, and currently we have no indication that we are getting more systems in Sweden.
Last edited by Shiggy; 06-28-2017 at 06:50 PM.
OrbitalBeard
(06-28-2017, 06:48 PM)

How about... never? It's a stretch, but I could see this being a one-shot.

Nah, I don't buy that. This wouldn't be launching in September if that were the case. They'd wait until November.

But hey, this is Nintendo we're talking about.....so, yeah. :(
LordKano
(06-28-2017, 06:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Sir_Crocodile

Wow, that's a lot.

Never heard of NintendoHome before - would they have gotten this info from nintendo directly or retailers or..?

Retailers. It's very easy to get the shipment numbers from them.
Koren
(06-28-2017, 06:52 PM)

Nah, I don't buy that. This wouldn't be launching in September if that were the case. They'd wait until November.

But hey, this is Nintendo we're talking about.....so, yeah. :(

Yeah... If they wanted the numbers, they could have brought more NES (hell, I'd buy two myself, and I know several people that couldn't get one).

I'm not sure they want SNES Classic to eat Switch sales, and I could see the whole thing being a "clever" trick to introduce a VC service on Switch.

Also, if they waited for november, I still believe you wouldn't find a single one in stores (even MORE if it launched in november) so that doesn't change much.

I believe they'll ship more. But if the total was 200k, I wouldn't be surprised.
Herb Alpert
(06-28-2017, 06:53 PM)

It was about three hours ago...

Fnac Fr, Auchan, Amazon.fr and CDiscount all opened their preorders, and I don't think any of them lasted more than 10 minutes.

Great
TwilightPrincess
(06-28-2017, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by darkinstinct

The NES was testing the waters, now they want to cash in. Scalpers will cry.

It will not be enough, there is some crazy demand. Do people think amazon and co. sold only a few thousand exemplars when preorders were available? I would guess half of the stock is already gone, the rest on day one. It will probably be the same like with the NES Mini, or worse.
RedBoot
(06-28-2017, 06:57 PM)
So, for the US: According to the NPD, the NES Classic sold 196k in November (launch month) in the US. So that's more or less the launch shipment.

France's launch shipment of the SNES is more than their lifetime allotment for the NES Classic.

I estimate the US's lifetime allotment for the NES Classic to be around 1.2 million. Reggie has said they sold 2.3 million NES Classics worldwide, assuming that includes the US and Europe but not Japan as the Famicom Classic may have been considered a separate product, 1.2m would be reasonable for the US.

Now, does that mean the SNES Classic's launch will be more than lifetime NES in the US, a la France? Probably not. I don't expect, say, 1.5m at launch. But we can at least assume it will be over the 200k NES launch number.

EDIT: I realize I was kind of using US numbers interchangeably with North American numbers (because I am a dumb American). The NPD numbers are just US, while my 1.2m estimate would include all of North America. No clue what kind of sales this saw in Canada and Mexico. The States likely get the majority of the shipment, though.
Last edited by RedBoot; 06-28-2017 at 07:07 PM.
VMR-MIG90
(06-28-2017, 06:58 PM)
So hopefully that means the US will get a little more then that, meaning they will sell out in 2 minutes rather then 30 seconds :/
Blam
(06-28-2017, 07:00 PM)
Welp there goes that hope of US pre-orders coming up.
Ashler
(06-28-2017, 07:01 PM)
Pre-orders up on the Portuguese site Gaming Replay.

They ship to Europe. :)
f@luS
(06-28-2017, 07:05 PM)
What was the price in amazon France ? Checked since yday missed it glad I have my german preorder.
Doctre81
(06-28-2017, 07:07 PM)
Yeah and that day 1 shipment will be the only shipment lol
mazillion
(06-28-2017, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

It's not just double. Remember we're comparing a day 1 shipment vs months of sales on the NES Mini. Gives them 3 months to continue allocating units there if needed. It's a good sign for sure
-GJ-
(06-28-2017, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by 13ruce

I hope so i just missed the wehkamp pre order today pffff..... i hope i don't miss the bol or nedgame one!

Otherwise Bartsmit and Intertoys open up pre orders 1 day before release nowadays, it's how i still got the Majora's Mask and TP Link Amiibo while it was sold out pre order wise everywhere else.

Intertoys already sold out this morning. They went up around 4 at night.