• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Won't be at Gamescom '17, Cites Family Commitment

But what about your Xbox family Phil?

No, you know what? It's okay.

Go home and be a family man.

In all seriousness I hope everything is well.

2 things:

1) Nothing about this suggests anything negative. It could be a wedding, anniversary, etc. Weird conclusions some folks reach for.

2) Nothing should be read into this. If Xbox is or isn't going to have a presence should be wholly possible without Phil needing to be there. He's just one guy in a company where thousands probably touch the Xbox product. It's an odd and unfortunate indicator of a cult of personality.

Zedox

I don't think anything is wrong with his family guys. Gamescom is a ways off. Most likely what's happening is a wedding, family vacation, etc...i'm going to assume wedding.

BRocknRolla said:
2 things:

1) Nothing about this suggests anything negative. It could be a wedding, anniversary, etc. Weird conclusions some folks reach for.

2) Nothing should be read into this. If Xbox is or isn't going to have a presence should be wholly possible without Phil needing to be there. He's just one guy in a company where thousands probably touch the Xbox product. It's an odd and unfortunate indicator of a cult of personality.

My man.

Really shocked by all the people jumping to negative conclusions here! I read that as him just having a family event that he's taking time off for. Either way, his presence will be missed but I'm looking forward to seeing what they have on offer.

ZehDon

*Phil sitting in the crowd at the wedding wearing a tux as the best man's speech crosses the twenty five minute mark*
"Don't go to Gamescom, they said.... This'll be fun, they said..."

Good for you, Phil.

No matter how high up you get in the ranks, gotta take time out for family and friends.

Cliche, but true: No one sits on their death bed wishing they would've spent more time at the office. Even if your office is one running a dope video game company.

Anticol

Banned
Har Har Har /s

There is plenty to show, who's to say they haven't held back games for EU specifically. Also remember that swanky new UI (or rather updated version) they were prototyping?

Really? Hahaha what games have they holding back? And for Europe? Hahshshs

And dont get me starting on hiw laughable is to held a conference to show a new UI.

Apathy

Weird that people think it's a bad thing. Family commitments aren't usually a bad thing, specially this far out from the event. Even if say out were a surgery or something they phrase it as a private family matter instead of commitment.

Wasn't really expecting a Gamescom press conference anyway, but for sure will they have their games for the press and visitors. I'm hoping they show us Crackdown MP there.

Shiggy

They don't need Phil Spencer to have the audience try games on the show floor. Even if they had a conference, which they don't, they could have had just another Microsoft presenter there.

Top Bottom