• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations Remastered (PS4/X1) - August 31 - $20

Rymuth

The power of the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One allow for crisp 1080p resolution. Increased environmental detail and refined creature movements add a whole new dimension to the terror.

This new version includes all DLC costumes and weapons that were sold separately for Raid Mode. Check out the extra costumes below.

Resistance Set
- G18 "Speed Load" Handgun
- P-90 "Sonic Assist" Machine Gun
- Windham "Steady Hand" Shotgun
- Python "Short Range+" Magnum
- High Roller "Speed Load" Machine Gun
- PSG1 "Long Range+" Sniper Rifle

Enhancement Set
- PC356 "Speed Shot" Handgun
- MP5 "Speed Shot" Machine Gun
- Hydra "Sonic Assist" Shotgun
- L. Hawk "Speed Load" Magnum
- High Roller "Sonic Assist+" Machine Gun
- M40A1 "Sonic Assist+" Sniper Rifle

The costumes for Lady HUNK and Rachel Ooze are also part of the package.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrev_ue/us/index.html

*UPDATE: Thanks, Dusk Golem*

The thing this page does not mention which was already confirmed to people who are subscribed to RE.net is that this port does have one brand new thing in it, which is a new "Chaos" version of Raid's Mode's final (and best) stage, Ghost Ship:

b9f08996bf91bd7d8320629260c41055.png

Ghost Ship the original is large kind of open-world version of the ship from the main game with multiple paths and ending points with a hidden secret boss in it at the deepest ending point, it was a very fun challenge to work towards in Raid Mode originally. Curious what changes they might bring to a Chaos version of it.

It's capcom.

In Capcom and preservationists like Frank Cifaldi's defense, I whole-heartedly agree that games should be like the film medium and that companies should ensure their content continues to get released on modern platforms

See Frank's Uncle Buck argument

and yeah, no one says you have to buy this

In Capcom and preservationists like Frank Cifaldi's defense, I whole-heartedly agree that games should be like the film medium and that companies should ensure their content continues to get released on modern platforms

Yeah, I'm with that argument too. It just feels disingenuous to call it "remastered".

A bit like how Konami called Metal Gear Solid on Vita Metal Gear Solid HD, despite the game running at 448p.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any retail version?

fernoca

Which is great, if it was what Capcom was doing. But they don't care about preservation, just make a quick buck and move on. Otherwise, they would be re-releasing every possible title across all platforms.

I could never get into Revelations 1 very well, tried two or three times.

Revelations 2 was superior and I love that game, odd how that happens.

So they still need money for Remake 2?

No

It's because PS4 and XB1 already have mostly every single relevant RE, so why wouldn't Capcom just go ahead fill out the rest of the catalog.
People feel satisfied seeing all the games on their dashboards, Capcom gets to make a little money and potentially gets the game to people who maybe missed it before or don't have their PS3/360s hooked up anymore

By far one of the worst games in the series, never touching it again.

That bad? My memory might be fussy... but I'm pretty sure (early) 3DS owners hailed as being the revival of the series. By the time I got my 3DS there was too much to play to give it a chance.

Katori

I loved the 3DS game, though I don't think I beat the last stage.

I tried to play the Steam re-release and found it very clunky and obviously up-ported from a 3DS game (the graphics were fine...the controls, not so much). I would hope that the "Increased environmental detail and refined creature movements" come back to the Steam version, although now that I'm reading it, it appears that it might be the same enhancements from the existing HD port.

A polished turd is still a turd.

Yeah, on second thought, nevermind. Finished it on 3DS and it was okay. Bought it on PS3 only because I already had every other RE available in a dedicated RE Folder, so yeah, why not

Not again tho for a game I know I'll never replay anyway

Also, Capcom did a shit job re-calibrating the game for consoles. Huge deadzones and overall, just a slog to aim/control, especially on the Wii U where the aiming was borderline broken

Joey Ravn

Banned

Does the PC not count as a modern platform? Because the game is there already.

Yeah, games preservation is great. But I seriously doubt that Capcom is doing this out of the kidness of their hearts. This is a business decision, nothing more, nothing less. RE games sell really well on whatever platform they are on. Otherwise you'd see this philosophy extended to other games. Is there a reason why DmC is not on PC?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Resident Evil Revelaitons: Never Forget Edition

That bad? My memory might be fussy... but I'm pretty sure (early) 3DS owners hailed as being the revival of the series. By the time I got my 3DS there was too much to play to give it a chance.

It looked really good on 3DS at the time and it TRYED to bring back horror to the series after 5 and 6 pretty much took that element out of the series.
But on its own merits it's not a very good game. It's not as scary as 1-3 nor is it as good a shooter as 4-6. The puzzles are super easy, the story is nonexistent(I know some people care about RE's overarching narrative), and dear god do the characters look bad.

Yeah, games preservation is great. But I seriously doubt that Capcom is doing this out of the kidness of their hearts. This is a business decision, nothing more, nothing less. RE games sell really well on whatever platform they are on. Otherwise you'd see this philosophy extended to other games. Is there a reason why DmC is not on PC?

Well no shit it's a business decision

What I'm saying is it's a business decision that doesn't bother me and at $20... well it isn't the embarrassing FU to fans like USFII was

Rymuth

What?

I love it but I understand the criticism. IMHO (I played on normal, always do):

1. The dodge input is pure garbage.
2. The first 1/3 of this game is what everyone hails for being a "return to roots"
3. The final 2/3 is where you get enough ammo and it transforms into RE5 levels of shootbang
4. The game plays in episodes and you switch protagonists sometimes. There's a comic relief pair, I think they were hackers or something, but those episodes are freaking terrible
5. The one character, Rachel, is basically a walking pair of boobs

Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's plenty more

Ridley327

Will need evidence that this won't have the dead zone issues of the previous console ports before I even glance in its direction. It blows me away that a 3DS game controls better than a console game, which should show you just how much they screwed up there.

sinkfla87

I... Thought it was on PC? Lol

I love it but I understand the criticism. IMHO (I played on normal, always do):

1. The dodge input is pure garbage.
2. The first 1/3 of this game is what everyone hails for being a "return to roots"
3. The final 2/3 is where you get enough ammo and it transforms into RE5 levels of shootbang
4. The game plays in episodes and you switch protagonists sometimes. There's a comic relief pair, I think they were hackers or something, but those episodes are freaking terrible
5. The one character, Rachel, is basically a walking pair of boobs

Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's plenty more

nope, that about does it

Keym

How to make a female version of an existing character according to Capcom:

Step 1, remove pants.

That's it.

Mivey

You ain't getting my money for this capcom. This was the end of the beginning for third Person RE.
But it's third person? And you are probably going to get more third person RE because of it (Revelations 3 most likely)?
It's not Revelations fault, if RE6 cost way more than they ever had a chance of making back. That's on Capcom, and making a cheaper RE6 (with less of the stuff people hated) was likely the goal for the Revelation games.

Which is great, if it was what Capcom was doing. But they don't care about preservation, just make a quick buck and move on. Otherwise, they would be re-releasing every possible title across all platforms.

That's a point. If they cared about preservation we wouldn't be losing old iOS games to time because Capcom didn't want to dedicate resources to them for updates. And the "new" versions of Mega Man weren't exactly good recreations that deserve to be preserved. And if Capcom cared about preservation they'd have published more on PS1 Classics.

Jawmuncher

But it's third person? And you are probably going to get more third person RE because of it (Revelations 3 most likely)?
It's not Revelations fault, if RE6 cost way more than they ever had a chance of making back. That's on Capcom, and making a cheaper RE6 (with less of the stuff people hated) was likely the goal for the Revelation games.

It's this game fault I gotta deal with the subpar Revelations series

Top Bottom