• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games 2017 teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DGLMMxIUIAAzysO.jpg

DGLQ5MYUMAAb5wl.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_ANZ/status/892505258097729538

Oh boy here we go!!!

I can finally get that Genji voice line that I missed last Summer Games!

EDIT: Oh yeah also that one Lucio skin!

I am curious if anything will be different from the first summer games event like more skins or whatever... the first Summer Games event was a snooze.

Man, I hope these reruns won't prevent new events from happening.
They said that this year will be a break from new events. So it'll be a recycle of the old with new stuff added.
I am curious if anything will be different from the first summer games event like more skins or whatever... the first Summer Games event was a snooze.
Rumor has it that there are new stuff that's going to be added in along with the return of the old Summer Games items.

NeatoKuni

Let's get some reinhardt in tight sports ware pls.

kinda sad there wasn't a general summer event. really want blizzard to make a nautical siren skin for widow having her say "one shrimp, one krill" while looking down her sights. i beg.

hopefully we will get another Australia map besides this one

i would like to see how they do picture it

also they picked a hell of a time to do this considering it's not summer here in Australia

The Tracer skins eluded me last year but now we can use credits and I've got a ton!
Though maybe the new lootboxes will come through for me anyway.

They said that this year will be a break from new events. So it'll be a recycle of the old with new stuff added.

Rumor has it that there are new stuff that's going to be added in along with the return of the old Summer Games items.

This will be exciting to see because I have always been curious how Blizzard was going to handle these events on a yearly basis and if they will just recycle it or do more than just that. I always found it weird that every event had only about 4 legendary skins tied to the event (aside from anniversary)

It's a shame that summer events continue to be Olympics themed rather than just general summertime themed, but I guess they're saving swimsuits as a trump card if the profits ever go on a downward trend.

Looking forward to seeing how the new less dupes from boxes update plays out during events.

We might be getting 40+ new items if the overtool output for patch 1.13 is correct.
From Reddit user ztokdo said:
000000004A70.07C: The Summer Games return for more fun in the sun! Your favorites from last year are back alongside 40+ new items!
000000004A71.07C: Score goals, make saves, and lead your team to victory
000000004A73.07C: |Rpl %1$s:Goal:Goals;
000000004A74.07C: %1$s |Rpl Goal:Goals;
000000004A75.07C: |Rpl %1$s:Save:Saves;
000000004A76.07C: %1$s |Rpl Save:Saves;
000000004A77.07C: |Rpl %1$s:Interception:Interceptions;
000000004A78.07C: %1$s |Rpl Interception:Interceptions;
000000004A7F.07C: |Rpl %1$s:Assist:Assists;
000000004A80.07C: %1$s |Rpl Assistl:Assists;
000000004A81.07C: August 2 - August 23

Nobody else is excited for this? I know it wasn't huge, but I loved Luciobal! It was fun as fuck.

Don't like Lucioball at all.

I'll be excited once I see the skins, I'm sure there will be good ones, but like I said, I wish the theme was general summer time, with goofy beach outfits and supersoaker guns instead of continuing the Olympics inspired sports games theme in a non-Olympic year.

Blues1990

Even when Blizzard makes an "announcement" they still won't give us a date.

Oh well, at least we can probably expect the event to start August 8th, since events are always on Tuesday.

Blues1990

Only thing I'm excited for is more skins and being able to buy AmeriCree

I missed that one, along with Mei and Lucio's Voice Lines/Sprays.

I'm hoping Mei will get a Legendary that is based off of her Table Tennis spray, along with Soldier 76 with a golf outfit.

I really liked how the Nihon Genji skin and the Eidgenossin Mercy skin looked similar in a way. They really complimented each other! Almost like compatibility!
Please don't tell mollipen I said that.

I think that's how I became a Gency shipper. Then all the lore just made it better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom