• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like teaser openings and endings but geez as an anime only watcher I thought they just threw a whole heap of stuff I probably wont see for ages at me lol.

This 'filler' is weird, I feel like I'm watching what could be real stuff but because its filler its just gonna be forgotten/ignored? I'm enjoying it, seeing these characters we didn't see much in their earlier days - so much better than a 46th annual Naruto remembers a day he found a random girl and ends up saving their village.

Where were Sasuke's parents during the Nine Tails attack? I thought Itachi said they weren't there but on the filler his Dad is just standing there ordering the police. I guess he meant they were 'out' as in not in the Uchiha's place but in the Leaf Village?

Kabuto

Wow I think this week's episode was one of the best of the series. Even though it is "filler", the Uchiha Clan Massacre is one of the most important events in Naruto. Having it animated and showing the reactions of everyone involved makes for a great episode.

I think next week is the last week of the Anbu Kakashi arc; the smoke people part was kind of dumb but other than that, it (unofficially) answered a lot of our questions so I really liked it.

Kabuto

d'aw the ending of this week's episode was cute. Pretty cool to know that
Kakashi almost had two genin teams before Team 7.
Hyped for Episode 361 because we get to see the Team 7 training scene again but with better animation!

For some reason I imagined Obito (or at the time thinking, Madara) having a larger part of the Uchiha Clan Massacre.

What was he even doing in the Leaf Village? Just looking at some rocks then Itachi found him 'sneaking around' lol?

I guess we'll find out eventually.

Furyous

That whole recent Uchiha related arch.....

Was quite shocking. Apparently konoha ninjas have really quick hand speed fast enough to take out an eye and insert it in one motion. The whole arc makes for interesting what if scenarios.

What happens if Shinsui manages to avoid Danzo and meet up with Itachi?

What if the third entrusted Kakashi with Itachi's role?

Without the hatred in his heart, what type of ninja does Sasuke become?

Imagine Kakashi as an Akatsuki.

Itachi's not nearly as ruthless as I thought he was at the start. If Obito doesn't help him then there's no way he massacres his clan. Does anyone else see the symbolism of Shinsui drifting into the ocean?

What was Obito scheming by infiltrating the village?

Does their plan succeed if Kakashi is an Akatsuki member?

Pein

Banned
This whole anbu arc has been great, maybe its because I like yamato but I even enjoyed the smoke people.

Nice to see so much Danzo and Hiruzen, one thing they should have touched on when Itachi confronted danzo the last time, Itachi should have used tsukiyomi on him because Danzo brought it up that Itachi can manipulate time in his tsukiyomi. Also hoped for more shisui and him busting out susanoo.

This could possibly be the last filler arc the way the manga is going, It was super good and these canon style back stories are leagues above something like adventures at sea.

Episode 361 – Kakashi: Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops – Squad 7

Good final episode to this miniarc bringing it back to team 7 moments of part one with the bells. Will never forget Sasuke offering Naruto his lunch.

Back to canon next week!

Cute episode. Is there a manga thread? Kind of interesting to see where the show is and where the latest manga chapter left off, was wondering if anyone here was discussing it or if it has its own thread.

phaze

I'm still not not quite sure why Obito decided to off himself and not, you know report to 3rd that he was attacked by Danzo and then still use his remaining eye on Fugaku. Konoha shinobi sure seem quite eager to commit seppuku at the first sight of problems.

That whole recent Uchiha related arch.....

Was quite shocking. Apparently konoha ninjas have really quick hand speed fast enough to take out an eye and insert it in one motion. The whole arc makes for interesting what if scenarios.

/SPOILER]
But Danzo didn't insert it immediately. His older Sharingan, which he used to cast Izanagi, was still in place.

Cute episode. Is there a manga thread? Kind of interesting to see where the show is and where the latest manga chapter left off, was wondering if anyone here was discussing it or if it has its own thread.

I think Naruto manga is discussed in the general manga community thread.

Staff info for the next episodes:

Episode 362:
Episode Director: Hisashi Ishii
Storyboard: Takuma Suzuki
Animation Supervisors: Min-Seop Shin/Yuuko Ishizaki

Episode 363:
Episode Director/Storyboard: Sessha Gorou
Animation Supervisors:: Tatsuya Koyanagi

Episode 364:
Episode Director/Storyboard: Masaaki Kumagai
Animation Supervisors:Kumiko Horikoshi

I only have the faintest clue of how it works but Gorou Sessha is one of the best animators on Naruto, so the episode directed by him should be good stuff.

thank god the filler is over, it should be an insane run.

I'll check out the general manga thread. But yeah glad the show will be covering those chapters, hopefully with no filler in between right? I'm excited to see some of the stuff that happens on the screen.
We have no way of knowing, there certainly could be. And the "filler" was kind of great this time around! It does happen! It IS possible! Naruto is certainly discussed in the general manga thread, but that thing moves so fast with so much negativity and in-jokes it's really tough to slot in. Good luck.

Village

By ignoring him completely for 13 years and then shunning him in favor of Sasuke ? :p

Sasuke needed more help, and it worked out didn't it.

Now he needs to help Naruto, Susuke's boss level can handle sakura's insanity, naruto will never get up there. So he needed to get sasuke back so he could save him from that.

phaze

He did the Sauce no real favors either. He's not a good role model.

He supervised his taijutsu training (which elevated him to Rock Lee level) and taught him Chidori, variants of which still make like half of his arsenal. Much more than he ever did for Naruto pre time skip.

Sasuke needed more help, and it worked out didn't it.

Now he needs to help Naruto, Susuke's boss level can handle sakura's insanity, naruto will never get up there. So he needed to get sasuke back so he could save him from that.

They both needed assistance, Sasuke got the help, Naruto got the shaft. Which rather belies any looking out for Naruto from Kakashi.

thank god the filler is over, it should be an insane run.

I'll check out the general manga thread. But yeah glad the show will be covering those chapters, hopefully with no filler in between right? I'm excited to see some of the stuff that happens on the screen.

There was an article that said the director said there would be no more filler this year after the kakashi filler arc, but Im kind of doubtful they could really go 30 or so episodes without filler.

Man that episode was exciting, as a non-manga-reader I can't stand the wait between episodes when its like this. >_< lol.

I need more!

Gotta wonder why Kaka-sensei didn't just stay in Obito pretty much eliminating his option of teleport hacking while fighting Naruto though lol.

They both needed assistance, Sasuke got the help, Naruto got the shaft. Which rather belies any looking out for Naruto from Kakashi.

Didn't Jiraiya have like an agreement with Kaka that he'd take him for the start of his 'real' training and then Kakashi would get him back afterwards?

Boss Mog

By ignoring him completely for 13 years and then shunning him in favor of Sasuke ? :p

There's several reasons why Kakashi decided to focus more on Sasuke. First he needed to teach Sasuke how to master his sharingan (in case it was ever necessary to control Kurama). Hiruzen asks him to do this (we saw it in the last episode of the Kakashi filler arc). And the other reason is because he saw a lot of himself in Sasuke. I mean when you watch Kakashi Gaiden you can see that Kakashi and Obito were pretty much exactly like Sasuke and Naruto. One genius who is always serious, the other a headstrong but somewhat clumbsy kid who dreams of becoming hokage. Kakashi wanted to teach Sasuke what Minato and Obito had taught him, to lighten up and appreciate life and his friends, and maybe he intended to eventually persuade him to give up on his revenge.

I kind of enjoyed the Kakashi filler arc a lot, it gave us a lot of insight on the character and all the things that happened to him from Rin's death until he became team 7's sensei.

Khezu

The sense of scale between the Juubi, Kyuubi, and Hachibi makes no damn sense.

In the beginning the Juubi looked bigger then them, but still comparable, but during the Kamui scene, the Hachibi looks ridiculously tiny compared to the Juubi.

Then during the second half when the Alliance was all doing their shit, the Juubi went back to looking the size of a regular Bijuu.

I know scale has always been fucked in this series, but this is a new low.

Tritroid

Finally out of filler yay! (Not that the past filler arc was as bad as past ones...)

Awesome episode, it's weird seeing the Juubi fully animated (His cry really adds a level of creepiness, it sounds terrifying..)

Looks like next week
we finally lose one of the rookie nine. :*(

phaze

Didn't Jiraiya have like an agreement with Kaka that he'd take him for the start of his 'real' training and then Kakashi would get him back afterwards?

Hmm yes but they made it already after chunin exams and if anything this shows that Kakashi still didn't care that much for Naruto. :p

Boss&#9733;Moogle;112684030 said:
There's several reasons why Kakashi decided to focus more on Sasuke. First he needed to teach Sasuke how to master his sharingan (in case it was ever necessary to control Kurama). Hiruzen asks him to do this (we saw it in the last episode of the Kakashi filler arc).

Well you're not really disagreeing with me. :p

The whole Kurama control is non-canon and I don't know how Kakashi, who didn't even know he has awakened his Mangekyo, was supposed to teach it to Sasuke. This also assumes they wanted Sasuke to eventually kill his most precious person. I don't think they were quite that cold blooded.

And the other reason is because he saw a lot of himself in Sasuke. I mean when you watch Kakashi Gaiden you can see that Kakashi and Obito were pretty much exactly like Sasuke and Naruto. One genius who is always serious, the other a headstrong but somewhat clumbsy kid who dreams of becoming hokage. Kakashi wanted to teach Sasuke what Minato and Obito had taught him, to lighten up and appreciate life and his friends, and maybe he intended to eventually persuade him to give up on his revenge.

All good points but none of them made the exclusive focus on Sasuke necessary.

The filler arc kind of made Kakashi into even more of a dirtbag by making him guard Kushina during pregnancy and aware of her status as Jinchuiriki.

Episode 364 – The Ties That Bind

The war has truly begun.episode spoiler
wow going the all silence route for the death of Shikaku and co at headquarters and tears felt more sad than the manga made it, Shikamaru quite strong indeed.

Oh what the actual fuck! I can't believe this happened
:( :( :(

Neji was always my favorite. Obito really rubbed that in all sorts of horrible. The salt he threw in Naruto's emotional wound was relentless.

Oh f**k. :(

Neji deserved better. It seems he was destined to do that job though. :( F**king Obito. The war is getting very 'real' suddenly throwing deaths at us. :(

The waits between episodes are horrible, I can't stand it when the story is so exciting. Next week looks very interesting.

Episode 365 – Those Who Dance in the Shadows

Some good stuff on both parts of the field. The events taking place with Lord Orochimaru, Sasuke, Jugo, and Suigetsu was really captivating. Best minor part was Lord Orochimaru saying that Sasuke had noticed and was concerned for Naruto and was thusly rushing them along. Much more pleasing and interesting than that handholding of that one and Naruto.

Hokage being back finally especially Minato!!!

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 365

Some sloppy animation here and there, I suppose having to animate so many characters is taking its toll.

Kishi really needs to learn that:

people_die_if_they_ar34lne.jpg

Orochimaru is just forever lol. Amazing.

Soooo excited! All the real Hokages are back! We're finally gonna see the 'full' First vs Madara fight? Or at least find more about how things went down. Coooool.

Best of all though more screen time for my fav character of them all, Minato! :D

Episode 366 – The All-Knowing
BqfTE9BCQAIzfOU.png

Hilarious episode due to the four kage interactions especially the two brothers. Sasukes expressions would fill my post, but Suigetsu's panicking was just on an entirely different level. So underrated always.

Even though I knew the manga content it was still really engrossing conversation animated. Looking forward to next episode the HashiMada!. If only we didnt have to have no episode next week.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 366

Better than his rape face from OP.

This is something I overlooked in the earlier episode. So Orochimaru absorbed Zetsu ? Shouldn't he need some elaborate ritual to achieve that ? Don't even remember this from manga.

Pretty great episode. Dialogue was on point and the action sequence at an end was a cherry on the top. Hashirama is boss, dude doesn't even bat an eyelid at having to face Madara and Kurama in his whole undivided glory.

Ugh nooo don't make me wait an extra week!

Episode was really funny and really informative, felt like it was really short though I guess cause I was enjoying it so much it just ended quick.

A few things make more sense now, Obito's anger etc.

Minato takes a backseat because of the First and Second getting the most character time (its about time!) but I'm glad he got to learn of Naruto's success with the Nine-Tails etc. :D

Hashirama has a hilarious side but you know hes also completely badass, love it.

Lmao, see, this is why the kids just can't fuck with the adults in this show unless they get some help most of the time. Waterboy started melting at the lift of a finger lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom