• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront 2 Space Battle Ad (leaked)

Gravidee

A bit disappointed that Yoda seems to be using a regular sized Jedi starfighter instead of his cute little custom one.

C_noariVwAE5_f7.jpg

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Kylo Ren Tie Silencer at 5 seconds

Yeah, given one of the segments involving Poe and Millennium Falcon in the last big trailer and that tidbit just now, I think we're getting a post-TFA mission in the campaign akin to what they did for Rogue One/VR mission.

Yo is that Rey vs Kylo part gonna be part of the campaign?? o_O
Nah, pretty sure that one's just for frills.

The spaceship combat was so dull in the last game and felt just awful. Who played it and thought 'what this games needs is space battles'?
Everyone one of you fuckers who kept bitching for it prior to the previous game's launch and long afterwards.

The spaceship combat was so dull in the last game and felt just awful. Who played it and thought 'what this game needs is space battles'? (well I can answer my question... seems that MOST people want it in despite that for some reason)

Van Bur3n

They really had to make Yoda a pilot and not just Anakin, Jedi known to be a brilliant pilot (or Plo Koon with a classic Jedi Starfighter)?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The spaceship combat was so dull in the last game and felt just awful. Who played it and thought 'what this games needs is space battles'? (well I can answer my question... seems that MOST people want it in despite that for some reason)

Nearly everyone who played said space controls were improved.

The spaceship combat was so dull in the last game and felt just awful. Who played it and thought 'what this game needs is space battles'? (well I can answer my question... seems that MOST people want it in despite that for some reason)

Criterion Games is handling the space combat in BF2. The impressions have been positive so far.

MMarston

No boarding enemy flagship?

I don't they'd be able to do those seamlessly anymore without compromising scale and detail. It's more likely that it'll be akin to the Death Star DLC where everything is separated through different phases. Although that's just my guess.

I liked the aspect of BF2's space battles where you could infiltrate from within the star destroyers though, and this doesn't look like it has that.

And they probably just spawn you inside of the ships too. I loved having the hangar.

DataBased

I liked the aspect of BF2's space battles where you could infiltrate from within the star destroyers though, and this doesn't look like it has that.

And they probably just spawn you inside of the ships too. I loved having the hangar.

Same here! I loved trying to sly into the other ships and sprint into the different rooms to blow stuff up.

Regardless of how it will play, you have to give them points for nailing the visuals. I hope this time there is a better thought out game underneath the nice paint.

God damn this looks good. I like what I'm hearing about vehicle combat being completely revised by Criterion because in the first game it was obviously nothing to write home about. Player impressions were good from EA Play but I think gamescom will really let us know how flight is.

TDLink

"Across All Eras" = Theed, Kamino, and 4 heroes from the prequel era... I guess.

I feel like we're not getting Prequel era Anakin, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, etc.

Sushigod7

I put a ton of hours into the first one its a fun pick up and play game for a few hours here and there, really looking forward to this.

Nicko

Any chance we will get a PSVR/VR update for this??? BF1 X-wing mission was the best thing I've yet to play in VR.

MMarston

"Across All Eras" = Theed, Kamino, and 4 heroes from the prequel era... I guess.

I feel like we're not getting Prequel era Anakin, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, etc.

Anakin -- you already got Rey and Luke. It'd be redundant.

Obi-Wan -- Probably later on as free DLC, but again, he could be redundant given the other Jedi.

Plo Kloon --
giphy.gif

adj_noun

Towards the end Fighter Squadron was pretty much all I played in Battlefront 1, so I'm definitely interested in whatever they come up with this time.

Still need another TIE Fighter game, though.

Top Bottom