• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix considering making a separate Final Fantasy XV game/movie/etc about Ardyn

tumblr_ov8zssT0Pm1sq04mao1_1280.jpg

--------------------------ENDING SPOILERS AT THE SOURCE--------------------------
First thing I asked was: A while ago a survey asked about which kind of content we as fans would like to see in the future - so, who won the race?

A: It was Ardyn´s backstory that the majority voted for - so we clearly got the message he´s the person fans want to know more about. We´re not sure as of yet how we´ll do it though - it´s a lot of story, and telling a character´s story is always the most difficult and detailed part of a game. So, we don´t know yet whether we´ll make it another game, no dlc though, it would be a full game, or a movie, comic etc. We really want to tell his story though. Second in the survey was Luna´s story by the way.

the rest: http://osahirao.tumblr.com/post/164650110465/osahirao-soon-off-to-episode-kologne-a-kings

ST2K

Ardyn's backstory would be a great expansion.

Them indicating they haven't ruled out that it'll result in a new game is a bit terrifying, as they had said previously XV would be the only entry.

I thought this was going to be about that King's Knight remake that was somehow tied into XV, which is shockingly still not out.

What happened to that?

Chase17

Ardyn was a pretty weak villain but was at some point on the verge of being interesting, I'd probably play an episode about him.

Meowster

I think Ardyn was one of the best villains in the series despite the limited screen time and development. Such an awesome design and his voice actor was having so much fun with the role. I'd be happy to see something come out of it.

dickroach

I hope this explains why he's
the boss of FF15
, because that game sure didn't.

wasn't he "the rightful heir to the throne" or some bullshit? I haven't played it since it came out, but I think i remember him explaining his motivations at the very end, before the crystal thing

Mailbox

As much as I don't want a sequel to 15... i actually wouldn't mind a prequel about Ardyn.
He's a good character w/ a fascinating back story.

I'd be down.

the boss of FF15

Oh it does.
Its just pushed on us through
Bahamut
, Talbott's optional dialogue, and the murals before the final boss.

Easily miss-able stuff, but its there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Awesome. This guy needs more about him. Can't wait to find out what they do!

This too please x100.

I think that's kind of what he was implying when he pointed out Luna was #2 along with his previous statements.

They would make more DLC for Final Fantasy XV (for example, the Luna DLC), and then go make a standalone $40 product about Ardyn or whatever.

Toth

A lot of this information is disappointing to say the least. No plans for Astral / Ifrit/ Lucis kings, no DLC for Arydn (watch it be a crummy web thing), Luna being second over Ifrit's betrayal, Iris uncertain for comrades...

It sounds like even if this stuff gets made its going to be a long time in coming and by then, even the most ardent FFXV fans will have moved on.

the boss of FF15

Imo this was one of the only parts of the game that was actually explained.
He was essentially an ancient hero of light from the line of Lucian kings that sought to cure the demon blight by taking on the dark energy from the entire world.
But having taken on this burden was cast out from his house and cursed with immortality. He wants to either exact his revenge on the Lucian line by destroying them forever or finally be granted death. To do this he goads Noctis into gathering the power of the crystal so that he had the strength to kill him.

BTA

I thought this was going to be about that King's Knight remake that was somehow tied into XV, which is shockingly still not out.

What happened to that?

...what? King's Tale was a preorder bonus. It wasn't available otherwise at first but is now out on XBL/PSN. For free, even.

Mailbox

Let it go SE. Make FF16 and move on.

I absolutely hate it when people say this crap.

SE has various Divisions, all working on separate projects.
Making one game does not exclude the existence of another.

It is viable that this and FF16 are made concurrently.

Seriously... Getting kinda annoyed by this rhetoric in every single ff15 thread,

Imo this was one of the only parts of the game that was actually explained.
He was essentially an ancient hero of light from the line of Lucian kings that sought to cure the demon blight by taking on the dark energy from the entire world.
But having taken on this burden was cast out from his house and cursed with immortality. He wants to either exact his revenge on the Lucian line by destroying them forever or finally be granted death. To do this he goads Noctis into gathering the power of the crystal so that he had the strength to kill him.

Yeah, basically Ardyn's story is
about revenge, but not just revenge,
one that is satisfying.

-Horizon-

I'm surprised people want more ardyn so much.
He felt like an Uncharted villain.
Aka a character I don't care about until the end game where you have to fight them with some dumb gameplay mechanic.

Luna should be more priority than Arydn the clown.
Seriously.
Luna was mishandled so badly.

I think that's kind of what he was implying when he pointed out Luna was #2 along with his previous statements.

They would make more DLC for Final Fantasy XV (for example, the Luna DLC), and then go make a standalone $40 product about Ardyn or whatever.
I hope so. I want more info about Luna (sue me guys) than Ardyn but this is two birds with one stone if they do both.
A lot of this information is disappointing to say the least. No plans for Astral / Ifrit/ Lucis kings, no DLC for Arydn (watch it be a crummy web thing), Luna being second over Ifrit's betrayal, Iris uncertain for comrades...

It sounds like even if this stuff gets made its going to be a long time in coming and by then, even the most ardent FFXV fans will have moved on.
How does this imply that there will not be any DLC about the other stuff? They're just telling info on the top voted one.

Socivol

Tabata just needs to stop. I am someone that loves the game but understand the story shortcomings. The game clearly had more story that they cut so I don't understand why they don't just add back all the stuff they cut. Add additional cutscenes and integrate them into the game we already have to make a strong narrative versus a separate thing for something that should have been in the game already.

Jawmuncher

They really should. By the end of the game I wanted to learn more about him.
A chapter with him that fleshes him out would
Make the final battle even better

Mailbox

Nah, Luna had her chance, (Well not really, but I'm good.) it's going to save her character or whatever. Meanwhile Ardyn's past is genuinely interesting.

Honestly Luna only really needed a few extra cutscenes about her childhood, and a look into exactly how much she knew about what Noct would have to do.
Seriously,
the fact that she had to have know exactly what noct would have to sacrifice put that whole "see each other one last time" into a more interesting light imo
. and you basically get everything necessary for her character.

I absolutely hate it when people say this crap.

SE has various Divisions, all working on separate projects.
Making one game does not exclude the existence of another.

It is viable that this and FF16 are made concurrently.

Seriously... Getting kinda annoyed by this rhetoric in every single ff15 thread,

Yeah, basically Ardyn's story is
about revenge, but not just revenge,
one that is satisfying.

The game already has plenty of DLC and the story doesn't deserve a separate division wasting their time on this IMO. Focus on something new

BTA

Kings knight was supposed to be another mobile game noct and co play it on their phone

Weeeiiird, I'm realizing that I must have read an article wrong over a year ago. This whole time I've thought it was King's Tale that was based on some old sidescroller NES game Square made. Huh.

Toth

I hope so. I want more info about Luna (sue me guys) than Ardyn but this is two birds with one stone if they do both.

How does this imply that there will not be any DLC about the other stuff? They're just telling info on the top voted one.

From the blog:

Will we someday get more lore, especially about the astrals and their relations to the royal family, and about the background of pitioss dungeon?

A: Ah well, you know, we created pitioss as a mystery, a puzzle to be solved by the player. So let´s just not talk about that and instead move on, shall we? (laughs) When it comes to the hexatheon, there sure was a lot going on between them, but for now there are no plans on diving further into their backstory. They are a part of the magic of this world, and as such, tightly intertwined with it, but that´s all for now. I´ll keep it in mind though.

Unless the Bestiary provides some needed lore, the Hexathon will remain extremely underdeveloped.

it should have been in the main freakin' game aaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggggghhhh Imagine separate Sephiroth backstory DLC!

The concept art for Ardyn's backstory is just superb, though, it's a really interesting and tragic origin story.

Top Bottom