• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
(09-05-2017, 05:17 PM)
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
DNAbro
(09-05-2017, 05:19 PM)
oh i guess I will pick this up whenever I eventually get the game
Ahasverus
(09-05-2017, 05:19 PM)
Reminder to future self: Don't buy RE VIII at launch.
ggx2ac
(09-05-2017, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Reminder to future self: Don't buy RE VIII at launch.

Funnily enough, I lucked out by waiting because I can buy this edition.
Foxxsoxx
I forgot about the free DLC.

Did... did they delay that almost a year?
Auctopus
That's some bad artwork, the 'End of Zoe' banner makes her look like some huge lake monster and the fade merge of artworks on the Gold Edition doesn't work at all. Shame 'cause the original box has great art.

So, no mention of Chris Redfield DLC?
TheJollyCorner
(09-05-2017, 05:21 PM)
Love the new avatar, Dusk. :D
Dusk Golem
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
Lulubop

Originally Posted by Auctopus

That's some bad artwork, the 'End of Zoe' banner makes her look like some huge lake monster and the fade merge of artworks on the Gold Edition doesn't work at all. Shame 'cause the original box has great art.

So, no mention of Chris Redfield DLC?

it's right in the op...
Stygr
Banned
(09-05-2017, 05:22 PM)
Budget price like 40/50 or full price like 60/70?
13ruce
Banned

Originally Posted by DNAbro

oh i guess I will pick this up whenever I eventually get the game

Same here.
Boxart looks awesome.
Spyder_Monkey
Banned
Shame it's not out in time for Halloween.
Dusk Golem
(09-05-2017, 05:23 PM)

Jawmuncher
(09-05-2017, 05:24 PM)
New images on Capcom Unity

Kazuhira
What the hell does the hand scene mean? Did he actually choose Zoe over Mia as canon path?
Feral Gingy
Banned
Yes. I'll buy it. Glad I waited.
bumpkin
(09-05-2017, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ggx2ac

Funnily enough, I lucked out by waiting because I can buy this edition.

No regrets here. The game completely validated my PSVR purchase.
Auctopus

Originally Posted by Lulubop

it's right in the op...

Whoops, my bad.
Plumpbiscuit
If it's included in the Season Pass then it's not free cause you have to pay access it. But it's nice to know the game has a Season Pass, just like the old RE games do, "going back to the roots", eh?

Also that Zoe just looks like another Rebecca Chambers, the worst RE character by far.

Capcom expect us to be excited by this announcement?
OnionPowder
So excited. I feel like RE7 is kind of forgotten because of all the crazy games this year, but it was one of my favorites. I'm ready to jump back in.
Zomba13
There's a whole lot more to free DLC than we thought.
Fancy Clown
(09-05-2017, 05:26 PM)
Gives me plenty of time to play through Evil Within 2 a couple times at least. Hopefully the DLC's are good.
Ahasverus
The molded can go suck a dick.
hughesta
Banned

Originally Posted by Kazuhira

What the hell does the hand scene mean? Did he actually choose Zoe over Mia as canon path?

No. this is what happens after you leave her behind.
Vlaphor
I've been wanting this game for awhile, but I want it on PC and I've been waiting for VR support. Hopefully, this gold edition will be compatible with the Vive
Jawmuncher
So Dusk what can you tell us about these DLCs.
Dusk Golem
(09-05-2017, 05:27 PM)

jbug617
Banned
Capcom Unity post mentioned that both of the new DLC will also be playable in PSVR
DVCY201
If the price is right, I'm there Day 1 for the Gold Edition. I was wondering if they were gonna do one
How About No
Banned
(09-05-2017, 05:29 PM)
So if you already have the Season Pass, no real point to this then?

I see there's an "Air Clear" indicator on Chris's UI. Gas Mask/Infection mechanic?

Like, Ouchiieee
Jawmuncher

Originally Posted by DVCY201

If the price is right, I'm there Day 1 for the Gold Edition. I was wondering if they were gonna do one

I doubt it''s anything lower than $60. Since that's basically the price it's been hovering around as of late anyway.
BiggNife
I hope Not a Hero actually has some meat to it. I'll be bummed if it's just 30 minutes or something.

Also I'll consider getting End of Zoe if it's significant enough. The rest of the DLC content seems like it was pretty forgettable filler.
TheDarkKnight774
If you haven't played RE7 and want to minimize spoilersI recommend you not watch that trailer.

Watching that trailer reinforced how much I loved this game. So good. I hope that Zoe DLC is really good. I haven't bought any of the others, just watched streams. They were neat but not something I was in a rush to play myself
Bladenic
(09-05-2017, 05:31 PM)
Zoe's will likely be the more atmospheric/early RE7 of the two, while I'm expecting Chris' to be more action oriented.
Kazuhira

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

End of Zoe is part of the Season Pass, and paid for chapter.

Oh,nice! i was going to buy it even if it wasn't included anyway.
'End of zoe' is not Banned Footage vol3 right?
Blueblur1
Well, instead of waiting for a $20 RE7 sale I'll wait for this edition to drop in price. More bang for my buck.
Clarkus Darkus
(09-05-2017, 05:32 PM)
Resident Evil 7 alone made my PSVR worth it, Gave me the best gaming experience for many years, And was the best Resi since 3.

Glad to know both DLC are gonna be in VR too. Cant wait to get back inside that game.
Intel_89
(09-05-2017, 05:32 PM)
I'll be annoyed if the DLC is on the disc, I just bought the game last week. :(
Spinky
(09-05-2017, 05:33 PM)

New Gears is looking great.

Originally Posted by L.O.R.D

Box Art

F.E.4.R. is looking great.
L.O.R.D
(09-05-2017, 05:33 PM)
Box Art

made one with PS4 template

CHC
(09-05-2017, 05:34 PM)
DLC reminds me of FEAR - it's that cover and the UI aesthetic.

Definitely going to hold off and then get this. Never got around to picking up REVII, but I want to!
Delaney
(09-05-2017, 05:35 PM)
A repackaged/GOTY version the same year of its original release. Sales didn't met expectations, I guess.

Was planning to get the original game this Christmas anyway, so I'll get this instead.
Spinky
(09-05-2017, 05:36 PM)
Gonna have to sell my copy and buy the Gold Edition because I can get really anal about box art. Never liked the original.

Shame the big VR thing at the top will ruin it again.
TheJollyCorner
(09-05-2017, 05:37 PM)

lol that escalated quickly!
Kalentan
Good to hear both Chapters have VR support. Was kind of worried about that after some of the Banned Footage didn't have VR support.
Korigama
Seems it was for the best that I wasn't able to get the original sooner.
Neptonic
(09-05-2017, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

I don't know why this one is so funny to me
Dusk Golem

13ruce
Banned

Originally Posted by L.O.R.D

Box Art

made one with PS4 template

Million times better than the original box art.
Day one probably otherwise certainly soon after.

Glad i waited.
Gravidee
(09-05-2017, 05:39 PM)
Glad I waited out on this.