• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers content roadmap detailed for 2017

-MD-

Greetings -

It's only been four weeks since LawBreakers launched... as you can imagine it's been an exciting and challenging time. We are all extremely proud of LawBreakers, and we're thankful to our fans who found it, love it, and are sharing their feedback about the game with us.

As we approach the 1 month post launch mark, we want to share our vision for the rest of the LawBreakers year. While we have mentioned some of the planned updates in tweets, or talked about potential new modes, and even teased new features in the game...we have never made a full announcement of what we on the LawBreakers team are committed to bringing our players in 2017 (and beyond). That changes right now.

New maps:
8valhalla.png

• Ranked mode
  • Skirmishes
    Skirmishes
    Our content update coming soon isn't just about a new map, we're also experimenting with entirely new modes. We call these Skirmishes, and each one is temporary. They're all about playing the game different than you can in Quick Match, and to start things out we're going to drop our Team Deathmatch Skirmish in a brand-new playspace.
  • 3 new maps
  • A new tutorial
  • A new class
  • New skins

Regarding the player count

PLAYER ENGAGEMENT

The big question everyone is asking is about CCU... we are all acutely aware of this and realize that it is an issue that not only impacts gameplay, but community morale. Depending on your region, we've seen how it takes some people longer than others to find a match, and we're working around the clock to improve this by optimizing the game, adding lots of new content and onboarding to increase the number of players.

When we made LawBreakers, we did so with a long lifecycle in mind. We have planned and designed new features to bring new players into the action every month also to challenge and excite LawBreakers players. This dual pronged approach is actually a design philosophy that we will implement every post-launch update: make the game better for those who already have it, and to make the game more exciting and appealing for those who don't.

In game terms, we believe this philosophy will bear more players short and long term, which should drive CCU increases with each improvement.

http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/news/article/25113/lawbreakers-q4-2017-content-roadmap

I had a lot of fun in the beta, much better than other popular fps for me like Overwatch but I can't recommend people to spend $30 right now on a game with a 72 concurrent playerbase, that's just wasting money. Would be a lot easier to recommend the game if it had AI bots at least.

Ploid 3.0

This is a great game. Y'all should buy it.

I'm tempted to even though I really dislike PVP FPS. I only played Overwatch and such against AI (only played during special skin events and not much), and this game doesn't seem to have bots so I'd have nothing. I hope people give it a chance though. I really wish it was my kind of game, I'd support it.

Quonny

Once a game gets labeled as a dead game, it's hard to come back from. Evolve, WildStar, etc.

Bless them for trying, though. This content looks like they are.

Cmagus

Looking forward to this update, I've been enjoying my time with the game so far. Curious to see what they do with that Blitzball arena. Right now Blitzball is grab the ball and run it to the goal and it would be nice to see them have conditions or more features/challenges to scoring.

I really like the look of the Valhalla map. Good luck to them. I fear they're in a bit of a catch-22, at least for me. I'm slightly interested but I wouldn't pick it up unless I saw the player count increasing as I don't want to buy in on a dying game, but people making decisions like that is why the game is dying.

Neither of those games have anything to do with mobas.

I think people tend to equate hero shooter with mobas lately due to both revolving around playing characters with a distinct set of abilities. A moba like Paragon can look deceptively like it's in the hero shooter genre despite being a moba-ass moba.

nelo_inc

I don't think more maps are going to draw anyone into the game.

They should have some sort of PVE content added, but overall i think the release date was badly chosed.

JayCB

Oh my god, it's only been four weeks?

Jesus guys, screw 2017, make a roadmap for September before you've lost the 200-300 users you have left.

LaNaranja

Its only been a month? Holy shit I feel like I heard about this bombing half a year ago. This game has got a stank on it that not even going F2P would wash away.

watership

Its only been a month? Holy shit I feel like I heard about this bombing half a year ago. This game has got a stank on it that not even going F2P would wash away.

It's well reviewed, and most people like the game. This isn't a BAD game, this is not a popular game. There a huge difference there.

U2NUMB

If NMS can rebound into a successful game so can LawBreakers.

I honestly think it was easier to fix NMS. They sold a shit ton of copies which gave them the time they needed to add content. They could just be quiet and get to work.

With LawBreakers the initial sell through was so low at some point it becomes hard to justify the cost of trying to save the game.

I owned both of these games at launch (Even battleborn).. I want all these games to do well but I am really struggling with anything listed in the OP having any sort of impact on the long term life of this game.

For whatever reason I only played less than 10 matches... it just did not hook me in and I felt like my ass was always getting kicked so I moved on. I do wish them luck but they need drastic changes now not new maps.

mandiller

I live in Australia so I’ll never find an online game with acceptable ping with this player count = never going to buy it.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Not even memeing here and being completely serious, its a hard sell for me to want to buy this game when the community is almost non-existent.

If you're on Steam you can always jump in and refund if you don't like it. Essentially a 2 hour demo.

Top Bottom