• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Wii Party Tips

Gowans

Courtesy of Next Student at http://www.nextstudent.com/NextPath/nextPath-Online/Wii-Party-in-College-Dorm.asp

15 Essentials for Throwing a Wicked Wii Party

1) Space: You’ll need a lot of it to get your “Wii ON” properly. So move the pizza box furniture away from the TV. You probably spent a lot of time and cash on your “Pizza Hut Love Seat” and don’t want to destroy it by DIVING to return a tennis serve.

2) Ladies: Make sure to invite AT LEAST one. That way your Wii talents don’t go unnoticed in the female community. Who knows, your moves with the Wii-mote may be a turn on.

3) Beverages: Caffeine is a plus. But don’t go the coffee route. Break out the energy drinks— Monster, Rockstar or Redbull make great Wii party boosters.

4) Cut the Grease:
Do not serve greasy foods! You don’t want your television or forehead showing up on Wii Have a Problem because a Wii-mote (Wii remote) slipped out of a party-guest’s hand.

5) Head Bands:
Not only fashionable, but functional as well. If you get sweat in your eye you might miss that punch coming in Wii boxing knocking you out cold— costing yourself the game and possibly the only lady in the house.

6) Smooth Floor: Rip up the carpet or grab some linoleum and throw it down in front of the TV. This gives you a more realist feel when playing Wii bowling and allows you to have a break dancing contest at the end of the night when everyone is Wii’d out.

7) No Fans: Turn off the ceiling-fan and remove the ceiling-fan light if possible. We’ve seen too many hands go into ceiling fans when pitching a fastball in Wii baseball.

8) Ankle Support: Seriously, we’ve seen some nasty twisted ankles from Wii-sters trying to get too Andre Agassi on the “Wii court.”

9) Icy Hot: Have plenty of Icy Hot and Ice at guest’s disposal. Muscle cramps will occur and you can’t have anyone leaving early to tend their wounds.

10) Ace Bandages and Band-Aids: Trust us, someone’s getting cut.

11) Hand-Straps: Friends don’t let friends Wii-it without strapping in first! Reinforce your Wii-mote hand-strap if you have not received your replacement and make sure everyone who plays, wears it.

12) Eye Protection:
There’s a good chance that someone will take a Wii-mote to the eye and chances are… that person will be you. Do you want to explain to the girl you have a crush in class, just how you got that black eye? Wait— Maybe this could work to your advantage…

13) Baby Removal:
Remove all babies from the room. We don’t know why you’d have a baby at a college party, but just in case…take note: Wii-motes don’t have any sympathy for helpless children sitting in the room.

14) Cover Windows Near the TV: It’s bound to happen: A Wii-mote flies through the living room window and strikes a pedestrian. You don’t want a nice lawsuit on your hands…nobody likes that.

15) Stretch: Sounds ridiculous but you will wake up in the morning feeling sore and stiff if you don’t. You’ll thank us in the morning.

Bonus: Let the ladies give Wii a try, who knows what positions they’ll be willing to make while under the “Wii-fluence.”

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
3) Beverages: Caffeine is a plus. But don’t go the coffee route. Break out the energy drinks— Monster, Rockstar or Redbull make great Wii party boosters.

Your f****** kidding me here right?

Gowans

haha I thought the "No Fans" one was funny, surly theres been a mess there as I've hit my celing light soooo many times.

as for the ladies being impressed by your Wii talents?? when is that impressive? :lol

Gowans

colinp said:
NextStudent's audience is probably < 21.

Maybe in the 8-12 category...?

yeah but have to seen drunk people play wii, I nearly have a heart attack when there all into it, my god MY TV!!!!! WRISTSTRAP!!! WRISTSTRAP!!!

then I try to get Guitar hero or Singstar on insead as one day there is gona be tears!

Gowans

SailorDaravon said:
30 seconds of my life I won't get back.

haha yeah knew this would be savaged on here, wonder what a Gaf version of a Wii party tip would be?

NeoGaf Wii Party Tips

#1: Get Everyone Crazy Drunk
#2: Make the Big Boobed girl to all the running challeges in Smooth Moves & Rayman
#3: ....???

Firestorm

Gowans007 said:
haha yeah knew this would be savaged on here, wonder what a Gaf version of a Wii party tip would be?

NeoGaf Wii Party Tips

#1: Get Everyone Crazy Drunk
#2: Make the Big Boobed girl to all the running challeges in Smooth Moves & Rayman
#3: ....???

#4. Profit!

Also, remember to not play near low-hanging chandeliers as my friend hit the damn thing twice in a row while playing Wii Bowling.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
NeoGAF Wii party tips:

1. You own a Wii? You are part of the problem
2. Wii party? What are you, a woman?
4. You thought there would be a number 3? **** you.
5. Invite a girl, if you know any; you probably don't
6. Ask your parents permission, you baby.
7. Buy 4 360 controllers, a video out card and download some videos of Gears of War so you can pretend like you're playing a real game.
8. No pants.
9. Push over a magazine rack.
10. No number ten, this was all just a ruse to make you look like an idiot; but don't worry, it's not as embarassing as playing the Wii in front of your friends.

sp0rsk said:
NeoGAF Wii party tips:

7. Buy 4 360 controllers, a video out card and download some videos of Gears of War so you can pretend like you're playing a real game.
8. No pants.
10. No number ten, this was all just a ruse to make you look like an idiot; but don't worry, it's not as embarassing as playing the Wii in front of your friends.

I don't have a Wii but this post is teh sexist and has no funny :p

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Gowans007 said:

13) Baby Removal:
Remove all babies from the room. We don’t know why you’d have a baby at a college party, but just in case…take note: Wii-motes don’t have any sympathy for helpless children sitting in the room.
B00000090B.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Gowans

sp0rsk said:
NeoGAF Wii party tips:

8. No pants.

:lol :lol :lol so GAF

revised Wii Party tips:

1- Never give up. trust your instincts.
2- do a Barrel Roll!
3- aim for the horn!
4- hit the weak spot for Massive Damage
5- booze
6- rinse and repeat

Burai

shitonmychest57
Reads like something a 50 year old would write trying to look like he's "hip and down with what the kids are doing".

Middle-Aged_couple_small.jpg

"Word up house-boys! Who wants to listen to some Snoopy-Snoopy Dog-Dog?"

No big boobies, no booze, and no drunken wii boxing... List am fail.

And on a side note, it's always fun hearing a girl say "I love your Wii" :lol

Saoh

you forgot the booze! what kind of party is that?? :O drinking makes everything funnier.

btw, i just got my Wii yesterday, ****! i cant believe my right arm hurts and that Wii-boxing makes me slightly sweat O_O.

but it's great, i love it.

sp0rsk said:
NeoGAF Wii party tips:

8. No pants.
POTY

Top Bottom