• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey comes in at 5.7GB

DJ1xUyXW4AEkgGZ.jpg

Source: https://store.nintendo.co.jp/category/FEATURE_ODYSSEY/HAC_J_AAACA.html

mieumieu

I am tempted to copy paste my tweets about Nintendo, compression and file size again, in case ignoramuses start touting Ninty for 'compression magic'.

jonno394

1/8 the filesize must mean a 9 metascore incoming

Pretty much, thanks for nothing Nintendo!

Back to being serious though, if Digital was anywhere near the price of what I could find on amazon UK (Mario is currently £42), i'd definitely go digital for Nintendo titles, and I wouldn't even need a memory card!

Philippo

Clearly this shows the game is nothing more than a "prettier" 3DS port with little content (prepare for a lack of platforming sections), so much for the Switch being a home console lol.
How disappointing.

/s

luulubuu

Inb4 Threads and threads of people who doesn't know how file sizes work who are VERY concerned about the length of the game

roytheone

Well....Pack it up boys. PUBG is a lock for GotY now. See y'all next time.

Pfff, Forza 7 is like 95 gig with the day 1 patch. PUBG? More like SCHMUCKG am I right?????

Wait, it says that it supports up to two players? I don't remember Nintendo talking about that. What would player 2 do?

They can control cappy. There is an E3 three house video showing it off. It's more like the very limited coop modes from galaxy than the full fledged one from 3D world. Kinda disappointing :(

Zalman

Wait, it says that it supports up to two players? I don't remember Nintendo talking about that. What would player 2 do?
They showed it at the E3 Treehouse stream. It's kind of similar to Mario Galaxy's multiplayer. One controls Mario while the other controls Cappy.

Playable cappy like co star luma in galaxy 2.

They showed it at the E3 Treehouse stream. It's kind of similar to Mario Galaxy's multiplayer. One controls Mario while the other controls Cappy.

The second player is the hat.

Cappy can be controlled by a second player.
Edit: what they said

Controls cappy to circle around mario, collect coins, or attack enemies

I don't think I've ever been quoted so many times in a row before lol.

Top Bottom