Originally Posted by Fantastical
Your link to the video links to a Twitter account but the only videos I see is them actually playing it and a GIF of Iwata doing the motion from what I can tell.
The checks for this only run while Home Menu is active, aka main-menu.
It checks exactly the following:
- Both Joy-Cons must be detached from the system.
- The same motion checks for both Joy-Cons must pass, at the same time. The motion seems to be a reference to this. Hold the Joy-Cons pointing forwards/downwards, then move Joy-Cons to a vertical position, and hold it there for a bit. The Joy-Con grip can be used for this.
- The month+day must match the date of Iwata's death: July 11. The loaded date originates from network-time-sync'd time, regardless of whether the user has it enabled or not. When the system was never connected to the Internet, it comes from the user-specified date instead. This is loaded from the time service-cmds, with the actual time-sync being handled by NIM.
- The output from a certain function must return 0, 1, or 2. On one system this was tested with, this check would pass.
- Lastly a nsam cmd is used. Probably to verify that the title is installed?