• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Armadilo

Banned
Video

In a rally in Alabama

Those USA chants after what he said, just sad.
Trump, speaking at a raucous rally in Huntsville, Ala., on Friday night in support of incumbent Sen. Luther Strange in the runoff election, didn't specifically mention Kaepernick by name.

But Trump took an apparent shot at the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback when he said, ”Luther and I and everyone in this arena tonight are unified by the same great American values. We're proud of our country. We respect our flag."

He continued: ”Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, say, ‘Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out, you're fired!'"

Bakari Sellers
@Bakari_Sellers
Y'all remember Charlottesville White Supremacists "very fine people". Black NFL players Sons of bitches that need to be fired.

9:39pm · 22 Sep 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

from the other thread.

Armadilo

Banned
That quote isn't a reference to Kaepernick, it's a reference to any current player who "disrespects" the anthem.

yeah but he is what started everything plus -
Trump has previously taken credit for Kaepernick's free agent status, and criticized his protest by saying he should ”find a new country that works better for him".

SoulUnison

Banned
God, the way he wanders around the stage with that smug, squinting smile soaking in all the attention he found the right button to hit to receive is legitimately infuriating.

Someone post the gif of his wife reminding him to cover his heart during the anthem.

ieK3NcL.gif

ultron87

In addition to this grossness, he also took the bold position of being for brain damage for football players claiming that safety rules are "ruining the game".

People who chided Kaepernick when his protest first hit the mainstream should really take a good look at themselves now that it's clear a sexist, racist bigot praised as a god by white supremacists shares their opinion.

Also it's a wonder that he still thinks "You're fired" is fresh

Uhyve

When he finally gets impeached, I hope the judge tells him "you're fired".

I can't imagine anything more tacky and less presidential than repeating your TV catchphrase on weird unnecessary rallies.

D i Z

He's just saying what everyone else is saying. Re-celebrate your threshold for racism and intolerance of independent expression accordingly.

To be fair... Kaepernick, said there was no difference between Trump and Hillary Clinton and told a lot of people that supported him not to bother to vote.

People who chided Kaepernick when his protest first hit the mainstream should really take a good look at themselves now that it's clear a sexist, racist bigot praised as a god by white supremacists shares their opinion.

Also it's a wonder that he still thinks "You're fired" is fresh

I can't help but think of some of the uncle Toms on espn and espn radio looking like total chumps now.

SoulUnison

Banned
In addition to this grossness, he also took the bold position of being for brain damage for football players claiming that safety rules are "ruining the game".

"The privilege of dying for my amusement!" Nero thunder-sputtered, "Bread and circuses!"

Brakke

Banned
To be fair... Kaepernick, said there was no difference between Trump and Hillary Clinton and told a lot of people that supported him not to bother to vote.

Some wild concept of “fair” you’re working with.

But thank god we have you here to “both sides” us.

Get'sMad

yeah. this shouldn't be glossed over either

those new "sissy" rules in the modern game that still cant prevent concussions and cte.

SoulUnison

Banned
I still haven't called him President.

Never will. He's an insult to humanity nevermind the office.

People say I have to respect him because I have to respect the office, but I say I don't have to respect the office if he's the kind of person that can attain it.

Some wild concept of ”fair" you're working with.

But thank god we have you here to ”both sides" us.

You're goddamn right!

Every time Mother-fucking-time that our racist piece of shit president open his evil hateful mouth and a good time to remind people of the logical fallacy of the" Both side" argument. This includes Kaepernick.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Shaun King keeps tweeting that the NFLPA is furious about this, I just hope they actually do something.

Fuck, they should’ve put out a statement months ago when it as blatant that Kaepernick was being blackballed.

Sure. That was dumb and short-sighted.

This is bigoted and actively dangerous in our current society multiplied all the more by the fact it's said by the leader of the country rather than a sports ball player.

Top Bottom