• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Erdrick
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:19 PM)
Erdrick's Avatar
I expect good things from the Jets this year. Just hope Mason can be decent enough in net to give us proper goaltending for once, and our Defence stays healthy. For the love of Selanne, PLEASE don't take so many boneheaded penalties this season.

Do that, and the Jets will surprise a lot of people. Our front line players look to be able to compete with the best the rest of the NHL has to offer. Wheeler, Little, Perrault, Ehlers, Laine, Scheifele... And of course Byfuglien on the back end is always great for wrecking other teams.

It all starts on Wednesday against the Leafs. Gonna be fun to get back into the thick of things again.

Go Jets!
Line_HTX
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:24 PM)
How come no one talked to Jagr yet?
Fate_Shirou
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:30 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Line_HTX

How come no one talked to Jagr yet?

Werent the Flames interested?
Chris R
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:31 PM)
Chris R's Avatar
Go Avs

Arooooooo
calder
Awesome Овечкин
Овечкин is awesome
(09-29-2017, 06:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Line_HTX

How come no one talked to Jagr yet?

Several have, but at least a couple asked if he'd sign a PTO and he rightfully told them 'lol no'.

At least one team is showing significant interest right now and I bet he'll sign there in the near term. The Blues make so much sense and they admitted they were talking about it internally so I'd guess them.
Cat Party
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:41 PM)
Cat Party's Avatar
Sharks without Marleau. Not sure I'm ready for this.
Wingfan19
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:46 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Alright Wings... You had your one year playoff break, time to start the new streak. Mantha, Larkin, Rasmusson, the new future.
Solo
Banned
(09-29-2017, 06:48 PM)
Solo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Parch

This will be the breakout season for Galchenyuk. Count on it.

Maybe, but it probably won't be in Montreal.....tonight he is playing on the third line: Galchenyuk-Holland-Scherbek. At this point Claude and BargainBin would be better served to just tell him "we hate you" to his face.
zroid
Banned
(09-29-2017, 06:49 PM)
wasn't galchenyuk's breakout season a couple years ago when he scored 30 goals? that's what i was told at the time...
Solo
Banned
(09-29-2017, 06:51 PM)
Solo's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

wasn't galchenyuk's breakout season a couple years ago when he scored 30 goals? that's what i was told at the time...

Yes. And he followed it up with 23 points in the first 25 games last year. Then Kopitar assassinated his knee in December, then he had that awful return from February to April, a mediocre camp so far, and it's been 9 months of questions.

A lot of it is on him, but the coaching staff has also done him NO favours. Neither the old regime nor the new one (which is proving scarily similar to the old one so far). If he were on almost any other team, he'd be consistent and at least a 2C by now. But Montreal are the kings of bungling player development.
Parch
Member
(09-29-2017, 06:55 PM)
Parch's Avatar
Overheard at Oilers practice by coach McClellan...

"Alright. Who"s kid is that? This is a team practice. You can"t bring your son onto the ice during practice. Wait, what? That"s our first round pick?"
Ondor
Banned
(09-29-2017, 06:56 PM)
Off-season is finally over!
Foggy
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:00 PM)
Foggy's Avatar
Pick up the phone, Sakic
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(09-29-2017, 07:01 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar
Sakic is on the phone. With Roy, talking about the good ol' days.
megachao24
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:02 PM)
Snorelax will bring the Stars back into... uh, decency hopefully.

Random prediction time:

The Golden Knights will do worse than the 1974-75 Capitals (8675).
RavenSan
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:05 PM)
RavenSan's Avatar
Let's go freaking RANGERS
Chris R
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:07 PM)
Chris R's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

Sakic is on the phone. With Roy, talking about the good ol' days.

I hope someone tries to start a fight between the benches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2OOc6WTrg

Still brings a smile to my face ;(
Parch
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:08 PM)
Parch's Avatar

Originally Posted by megachao24

The Golden Knights will do worse than the 1974-75 Capitals (8675).

I'm not so sure. I mean, yeah, they're bad, but they've got some defensive depth to grind out some wins. My random prediction would be that the Knights will not finish last.
FUBAR McDangles
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:11 PM)
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar

Originally Posted by megachao24

Snorelax will bring the Stars back into... uh, decency hopefully.

Random prediction time:

The Golden Knights will do worse than the 1974-75 Capitals (8675).

I really doubt that they are THAT bad. They'll go like 20-50-12 or something. Really bad but not terrifically horrible.

Like Parch said, they had D and a goalie. Thatll keep them close against lower echelon teams and a fluke bounce here or there will get them a few wins. They have some skkill up front, but not much of it.
zroid
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:11 PM)
going to do the annual update of the allegiance list; i'll use my own discretion for those i can remember, but either way speak up if you think you're a regular poster and aren't already on it

going to have to add an (empty) slot for Vegas too, I guess :d
Solo
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:14 PM)
Solo's Avatar
I heard Pikma was a lifelong Golden Knight fan boy
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by megachao24

Snorelax will bring the Stars back into... uh, decency hopefully.

Random prediction time:

The Golden Knights will do worse than the 1974-75 Capitals (8675).


i think there will be a team worse than Vegas this year, Got a feeling.
Line_HTX
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:24 PM)
No, I am the original VGK fan.

🤠😤
a916
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:25 PM)
a916's Avatar
Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(09-29-2017, 07:28 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar

Originally Posted by a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

This is the most likely trade I've ever seen
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:30 PM)

Originally Posted by a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

Fair value
dr.rocktopus
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:31 PM)

Originally Posted by a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

Creeper please put down the phone
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(09-29-2017, 07:32 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar
I traded Duchene for Nylander and Marner in NHL 18 so I think I know something about trade value alright
a916
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:34 PM)
a916's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

I traded Duchene for Nylander and Marner in NHL 18 so I think I know something about trade value alright

I was actually planning on flipping him for McDavid
kopitarrulez_11
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:35 PM)
kopitarrulez_11's Avatar
Let's go kings looked pretty decent last night
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(09-29-2017, 07:39 PM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Goldobin sent to Utica. Expected, but disappointing to watch him in the preseason. I think even Archibald was better than him.

Upshall going to St. Louis increases Virtanen's chances of making the team.

While another top 5 pick is possible, they look like a better team than last year.
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(09-29-2017, 07:40 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar
Oh by the way Siemens is on waivers now sooooooooo
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:40 PM)
Trying not to read too much into preseason but cautiously optimistic. Proper coach and players buying in could be a decent year ahead.
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:42 PM)

Originally Posted by a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

you better take that deal leafs, he put a 6th rounder in there :P
Ondor
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Lone_Prodigy

Goldobin sent to Utica. Expected, but disappointing to watch him in the preseason. I think even Archibald was better than him.

Upshall going to St. Louis increases Virtanen's chances of making the team.

While another top 5 pick is possible, they look like a better team than last year.

Is Goldobin the only one cut today or are more cuts coming?
19 & 21
I am nice have hugs
(09-29-2017, 07:44 PM)
19 & 21's Avatar
The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-29-2017, 07:53 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar
It's really, really, disappointing to see PK just do nothing. This is such an opportunity for him to use his platform and fame to bring light to a serious issue and he's just standing by the sidelines. I expected a lot more from him.
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 07:58 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar
Man i fucking hate weddings
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:00 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by FUBAR McDangles

I really doubt that they are THAT bad. They'll go like 20-50-12 or something. Really bad but not terrifically horrible.

Like Parch said, they had D and a goalie. Thatll keep them close against lower echelon teams and a fluke bounce here or there will get them a few wins. They have some skkill up front, but not much of it.

This. Theyre a better team than any of the last 4 expansion teams. No way theyll be that bad.
Solo
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:03 PM)
Solo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Red_Man

It's really, really, disappointing to see PK just do nothing. This is such an opportunity for him to use his platform and fame to bring light to a serious issue and he's just standing by the sidelines. I expected a lot more from him.

PK cares about his brand. Not taking action against social injustices. Not surprising in the least to see his reaction tbh
ElephantShell
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round


Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

Decent. Make it a 5th and a 2nd then we're getting somewhere.
RC
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:04 PM)
RC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marvie_3

Man i fucking hate weddings

Always a bridesmaid never a bride, eh Marvie?
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:14 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by RC

Always a bridesmaid never a bride, eh Marvie?

Theyre a waste of time anyway. Even worse when theyre on a fucking friday afternoon.
Foggy
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:14 PM)
Foggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.

It all means nada. BJs were undefeated in preseason and were dominant then started the season 0-8. Nothing means nothing.
MultiJhonny
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Foggy

. BJs were undefeated .

;)
zroid
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:17 PM)
astroturfing is the first member of VGK-Age, because I said so
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-29-2017, 08:17 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar
Athletic just put up an article with an analytic model predicting the Habs win the Atlantic division again. It does a great job of describing the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and the very odd makeup of it, which is what puts off so many people right now. I don't think they win the division, but I don't see them struggling for a wild card spot either.
Foggy
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:18 PM)
Foggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by MultiJhonny

;)

imBask
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Red_Man

Athletic just put up an article with an analytic model predicting the Habs win the Atlantic division again. It does a great job of describing the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and the very odd makeup of it, which is what puts off so many people right now. I don't think they win the division, but I don't see them struggling for a wild card spot either.

must be a pretty short article

strengths : Carey Price is in net
weaknesses : Carey Price can't play any other position

you just reminded me to subscribe to the website
Reven
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:27 PM)
Reven's Avatar
Let's go Bruins! Excited about Vegas hockey because I live in Utah so it's an easy drive to go see my team, but the home game ticket prices for the Knights are ridiculous.

Thread Tools